"Eating Dog meat is acceptable. " Do you agree or disagree?

• Of course it is

It is one of my personal favorite meals. My favorite type of dog is German Shepard, But my brother likes golden retriever. I am lucky, I get to eat his tail. My brother doesn’t like it. Just be sure not to eat a wiener dog because then you are a gay

• Hey, It's food.

It wouldn't be my first, Or hundredth, Choice but if you can't find or can't afford anything else, It would beat starving to death. We could even use it to help feed the poor. Each year, Animal control and shelters kill millions of dogs and their meat just goes to waist. Just think of all the meat we could supply to soup kitchens killing two birds with one stone. Many/most of the desperate homeless are not that picky as many have eaten out of dumpsters so eating dog would not be all that bad.

• Why the hell not?

I mean it's part of some people's culture. What if I came up to you and smacked a hamburger out of your hand because I have a pet cow? That wouldn't be okay. So just let people eat what they want. It's no better than eating any other animal no matter which way you look at it.

• Personally I wouldn't But Logically It's No Worse Than Eating Any Other Animal

Personally I wouldn't. It wouldn't feel right. But I know that's because of my own culture and context. There's nothing objectively wrong about eating dogs. Intelligence? Pigs are more intelligent according to science. I eat pork. The companion animal argument? Some breeds have been historically bred for their meat in some cultures.

• [. . . ], Liberty and the pursuit of happiness

I only eat kosher food. Some only eat halal, Which is almost the same. Should we gang up on you and make you follow our preferences?
    Chinese people eating dogs don't harm you are me in following their dietary preferences.
    Catholic priests turn the 'hosts of the Sacrament" into 2, 000-year-old blood and flesh and make a meal of it. THAT isn't any business of mine either, Nor of yours, And it isn't for us to stop them, Although if pressed to choose I should rather eat Lassie than Jesus!

• I am neutral

On a personal tip I do disagree with the consumption of dogs. I would never eat a dog. I have a dog myself. Where I'm from, They are meant as domesticated pets, Not meant for consumption. But this answer won't be 100% my personal opinion as I've already stated, But I will view this as a whole - meaning, The world. This is what I mean: Who am I to say what someone can or cannot eat? Not that I am for them being eaten but they kill and eat dogs in China, That's their culture and what they believe in. Honestly, There is no politically correct answer to this question. I wish there was a "Neutral" button because I'm more in middle. For the people who say no (not counting myself because I did disagree but I'm looking at this viewpoint on both sides) - Look at the factories that kill and torture all the cows, Pigs and chickens? Yet people eat it. Those animals could be sacred to eat at different parts of the world. Muslims don't eat pork, They find it offensive and they don't believe in that. Yet people eat pork. In India, Typically they don't partake in slaughtering and killing cows because for the most part, They don't eat beef. Yet people eat beef. There is no concrete, Clear answer to this question. If you eat pork, Or beef, Which other people disagree with yet you say "You can't eat dogs" that's not fair. It's hypocritical. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't control what people eat. Again, Personally, I disagree but as a whole, I am Neutral but at the same time leaning on the "Yes" side. In closing: There's things that can be eaten in various parts of the world that is acceptable and unacceptable to many people.

• Yes, Eating dog meat is acceptable.

While eating domestic animals is a terrible thing to do. Why is there a difference between commercial meat from a dog, And say a goat? They are roughly the same size and in all honesty, A live goat gives is more beneficial than a nondomesticated dog. They produce milk and goat fur fabric. A nondomesticated dog can give none of that. Saying that dogs are smarter or more loving then goats is also false. Researchers in 2016 found that goats can have emotional connections to humans just as well as dogs can. So I guess what I'm saying is that unless you're an animal rights activist and/or a vegan, Don't be a hypocrite and say no.

• It is acceptable.

Dog can be your friend, But remember there are many people who have pigs or chickens or ducks as pet and regarding them as their friends, They don't complain when other people eat pork or chicken or duck. Some might say " You cannot compare dogs and cats to other animal ". Because dogs and cats are more intelligent than pigs? I don't think so. Because dogs and cats are our friend? Its depend on each people to choose what to make friend with and what to eat.

• Yes, Learn to respect cultures.

Just because some of us would think it shouldn't, Doesn't mean that we should enforce that moral code to other cultures. Some of us believes it is unethical just because of how our culture interacts with dogs, And yet other cultures perceive them as a staple diet. Think of it like this, If the world religion was dominated by Hinduism, Wouldn't we also look down on eating cow meat?

• People eat everything and they give the rights to the animals.

People eat everything. Even in china, They eat human meat too humans in the earth eat every things that they want. And most of the countries are democracy. They can do what they want to do. And the humans gives the right to the animals so humans are on the top.

Posted by: jogn
  • Dogs are man's best friend!

Dogs were never meant to be eaten! They are meant for hunting, Herding, Or even just to be kept as a companion. The fact that places like China eat dogs is wrong, And I'm happy that there's people who rescue dogs from their annual dog-eating festival before they are savagely killed and consumed.

• Dogs are living beings

Eating living beings, Is not correct just because a lot o people does it, Doesn't mean it's correct. Have you considered that the dogs are living beings? . Yes that doesn't explain why we eat a bunch of other animals, But I don't think it's correct, The other animals that we eat have benefits for our health, You might want to consider how many dangers we were going to been struggling because of it and I think it's just simply disgusting to even consider dog food as a tape of meat

Posted by: GICM
  • Dude it’s a dog

I am not one of those dog lover people (in fact I don’t like cats or dogs. ) But dogs are pretty much bred now to be a domestic pet and not food. Plus even if it wasn’t weird they probably wouldn’t taste very good. Cows are bred to be eaten, Not dogs.

• It is unacceptable.

In many countries, The main source of Dog meat comes from criminals (Dog thieves), Which basically means that every 19 out of 20 plates of Dog meat are the results of multiple illegal actions including stealing dogs when the owners are not around and poisoning the dogs if they are too difficult to reach.
    What I'm trying to say it: to have a plate of Dog meat, A child's best friend, A police dog that has been in service for years or even the eyes of the disables, Has to die. Not to mention, Because most of the thieves simply don't give a flying F about anything, Every dish of Dog meat can potentially still contain some poisons in it. Let that sink in.

• Pigs are not smarter than dogs.

Though it is often quoted that "pigs recognize themselves in mirrors", There is absolutely no evidence of this, No study that indicates this, And no individual video evidence to support the claim. If you take a look at the experiments that are supposed to prove that "pigs use mirrors to find food that they otherwise can't see", You will find that the food bowls will be seen by the pigs, But only because they will simply follow their noses.

Pigs can be trained to respond to humans pointing gestures. This was proven fairly conclusively in a 2015 study involving 30 piglets, Which is a very reasonable number of subjects. However, Researchers found that the domestic pigs they used in this experiment did not seem to share the spontaneous abilities of dogs to follow the human pointing gesture to find a hidden reward.

Dogs not only understand pointing gestures without special training, But they also demonstrate numerous other qualities considered markers of intelligence. Take a guide-dog for example. When trained to guide the blind, Dogs must use their ability to generalize as they apply the skills they learned. In other words, They are trained to safely guide someone across an intersection and then must apply that skill to hundreds of different intersections during the course of their very productive lives. And they do, Every day. Guide dogs also have to learn to look up, For obstacles that might impact their human, And in doing so must understand the concept of scale, The art of anticipation. Think about that. Once they detect an obstacle, They must solve the problem by re-charting a safe course, And they may accomplish all of this in the middle of a bustling street, With hundreds of distracting sights, Sounds, And smells. And although pigs have been used by truffle farmers for years to lead them to the hidden fungus, Dogs are the animal most often employed for the task.

Most of the insistence that pigs are smarter than dogs seems to be an attempt to save them from being eaten, And the headlines are just rehashed without any independent verification of the statements. Ridiculous headlines like "9 ways a pig is smarter than your honor student" found in the Huffington Post. Absurd, Completely unsubstantiated claims like "pigs outperform 3-year-old human children on cognition tests and are smarter than any domestic animal, And animal experts consider them more trainable than cats or dogs".

• It’s not ok.

No, I don’t think even if I was starving, I would eat a dog. They are so smart, One of the smartest animals on the planet, And I wouldn’t imagine having to eat one. I think it’s cruel. I understand people’s culture and all that, But I don’t think it’s ok.

• What a thought

Not being a meat eater have been in the past till I saw all the cruelty and treatment of animals as I feel they are entitled to their lives also everything dies here including “human animals “ I myself would rather eat berries or noodles soups and vegetables than dog meat I think an alternative to feeding the homeless would be better after all they are humans and so are the starving children of third world countries to just serve them dog meat what else is Available recycled trash food from a dumpster after all they’re subhuman species / if raised or hunted legally deer who live in freedom and eat healthy off the planet would be a better choice but of course that’s only for those who can afford it