• Presereve Our Beauty

If we want life to continue on and show all of the beauty of the truth. Not to see the gracefull beauty on a screen telling our children of what once was on this earth. Instead help recycle cleans the earth from all the dark waters of corruption. To show all the corrupted the light of the beauty we have now.

• It's just the smart thing to do..

How hard is it to throw your waste into a different kind of recycling bin instead of a garbage can? It's really not. Quit being stupid and lazy and "anti-green" and use your brain a little. Our world can be better for every single individual if more people would recycle.

• Loss of Resources!

Without the small percentage of the world that is recycling doing what they do, the world would be in a much worse state than it already is! If we can make recycling mandatory the amount of waste and garbage going into our oceans and earth would lessen dramatically. Global recycling would make the planet more sustainable and actually live-able for future generations. At the rate that the environmental health of the world is decreasing now, this could be the difference between a world of garbage or a live-able world in 100 years.

• Yes, yes, yes

If people don't recycle we will kill the earth we are living on, without recycling and the little bit that we are doing the earth would already be dead, we need to work together, become one and not individuals! Love the earth we live on because without it we wouldn't be alive. Peace out!

• Expanding Environmental Awareness

I understand that recycling certain items lacks some reason. Glass for instance, there's not much to do with it. But other products, especially plastic and aluminum, have great results when recycled, saving energy and minerals. I would heavily support a mandate on these resources, but done so with reasons and explanations.

• Yes, We Need To Get Serious.

Recycling can really help the environment and help people lessen the impact their garbage has on our communities. Making recycling programs mandatory would really show how seriously we are taking the issue of environmentalism, conservation, and climate change. We need a cultural shift and this would be a simple and easy way to start off.

• Of course there should be!

I think a lot of people are extremely lazy and are completely unaware of how bad the climate change situation actually is. I think this would be a fantastic way to get everyone involved in making sure that we take care of our world. So many people take for granted what we have.

• Sustain our Planet!

We can save so many trees and habitats if we recycle! Think of all the paper you use in one year alone from school, Work etc. People need to be less lazy and also stop burning all your school work, Recycle instead! Recycling is an easy way for the public to help sustain our planet for the generations to come.

• Recycling is important, of course!

Recycling is important. If we want to save our planet then all of us are going to have to do it. We should recycle for the common good. Reinforcing will make a difference and take step to a clean society. Maybe to make it easier to separate recyclables we should stop buying trash. And I understand your point about having to walk and search to find the nearest recycling bin when it's ten times easier to just throw it away. But, come one, what is 5 more minutes out of your day to do something that will make you feel better. If it was mandatory it would become a habit and people would find ways to help you if your struggling to do it. Since people don't recycle now, then yes reinforcement is necessary. Because if we don't do that now then maybe they'll cut shower times. Because with funding they could do that. So if we just reinforced it. Then changing the world could be one tree closer to rehabilitation.

• It wont be hard if people try

There are places in Japan where multiple community recycle everything, they just started not even 10 years ago. If they can do it why can't we. The community that participate get a government payment each year they have little to no wast, if we opted for something similar in the US I don't think people would argue as much. They would get payed to recycle

• This could not be reinforced.

It would take so much time to look through everyone's garbage to check if they were recycling or not. It would be nice if this idea were manageable, but most people who don't recycle already are not going to change because of some petty law. Also, do you people realize that if it were illegal to throw out recyclables all of us would be guilty? You cannot honestly say you have never thrown a recyclable out. There are not enough police officers to deal with fools not recycling at the same time as dealing with robberies and murders. Additionally, if this were a law in the US, other countries could still throw out all the junk they wanted to. And even if the whole world were to stop throwing out anything at all, it would still take decades for all of the stuff we've already piled on our planet to break down. Recycle as you please, people. Our planet cannot be de-trashed.

• More Trees Grow

Will taking care of the Environment/Earth we prevent from destroying our trees and that way we would have more oxygen and the 95% of trees, in the area of Yuma, AZ. Were destroyed, because we didn't recycle, and many trees were cut down because of us, DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN

• Lol nope .

People should be able to do whatever they want. And it's really inconvenient for people to travel 10+ miles just to recycle. It gets too costly for some people. Recycling can cause some trouble for people. Also people might have to pay additional taxes for recycling. I understand that it saves our planet/environment but still.

• No, recycling should be localized and profitable.

In my neighborhood we have cans to put recycle stuff in and set out for collection, and also cans for yard waste. They collect the recyclables and then get whatever profit is derived from them. While I do use them, it is somewhat annoying because effectively when I sort my trash I am working for my city as a part time worker that earns them money. The city never discusses what becomes of that money, or that aspect of the procedure. In order to recycle my own stuff I have to travel some distance, and things such as newspapers bring so little profit that it doesn't pay to bother. I recycle in the interest of the environment, but the money made from the city collecting it should do something to better the community. If recycle places were easier to access, I believe more people would recycle.

• This planet IS NOT fragile!!

First, it wouldn't really affect the oxygen as much as you think, because we get between 50-85% of oxygen from phytoplankton. Phytoplankton are tiny plants that live in the ocean and they produce oxygen. So we possibly get more oxygen from the ocean than we get from all of the trees in the world! Burning them isn't really a bad idea, you can get heat when it's cold, plus you get rid of garbage, or you could use it to start a fire and make mountain pies, which are very tasty! So really one person not recycling won't make a difference. I've never recycled one single thing in my life and I'm not planning to and I would go to the garbage can before I go to a recycling can. I would even put the garbage in my pocket if there is no garbage available. Also no one I know recycles. It's not as fragile as people believe.

• Leave it to local governance

A lot of these decisions are best made locally. Some towns do not have the funds to set up a recycling program, and it were mandated by the state or the federal government, those making the mandate should be willing to fund the projects as well. Unfunded mandates never help anybody.

Posted by: rpr
  • Nope nope nope

Recycling is good, don't get me wrong. But to make it mandatory is a bit of a stretch. It would be impossible to make sure EVERYONE recycles. And sometimes, recycling could be inconvenient. Like maybe the nearest recycling bin is far away. In this case it would be better to just throw it out.

• Landfills are still being used.

Not using landfills is basically one of the main reason why we even started using the recycling method. But plastic bags are still being put into landfills because of the long time and huge amount of steps needed to actually recycle plastic. Plastic bags can take up to 1,000 years to decompose in a landfill! Most landfills are estimated to be around 700 acres big, that is about 700 football fields! There is around 3,000 landfills being used just in the United States alone!

• Recycling still uses landfills, just like trash.

Plastic often ends up in landfills because of the process it takes to re-new it. Plastic bags can take up to 1,000 years to decompose! Landfills are estimated to be about 700 acres long, which is around 700 football fields big! There are about 3,000 landfills just in America alone!

• Think About It

Hey if recycling really was working then why would only 9 percent of plastic bottles that are made were made by recycling. You see if that was a bigger number it would show the importance of recycling but so far the promise that bottles will be recycled isn't being kept

>