• Know your 2nd amendment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. "

First, Look at the background as to the circumstances that existed around that time. Both sides had very similar weapons (muskets, Flint lock, Muzzle/breach loaders) that used very similar ammo. Because it gave us a fighting chance, The British military wanted to take them away but failed. Had we allowed it, There is no way we could have won. Our forefathers knew that some day, We may have to defend our nation (free state) from an invading force. Obviously, A foreign military will use military grade weapons in an attack so to have a fighting chance, We too should be allowed the same type of weapons.
    Of course, Just as all rights, Some people will not have the right to bear arms of any kind. That would be people who pose a reasonable threat against U. S. Citizens.

• The state should be at our mercy.

We have the privilege to live in a country that, Discounting a regrettable past of human rights abuses, And a few organizations that still exist, Provides its citizens with the more freedom than anyone else in the developed world. However, If a tyrant was ever to gain control of our government, Without the second amendment, We would have no way of liberating ourselves. People make the argument that we the citizens cannot face off against the might of the US army with our relatively restrained arsenal, And they're right. The gun control we already have in this country is unconstitutional in of itself. The founding fathers intended for us to have access to everything that the military does. Granted, The militaries destructive capabilities were much more limited back when the constitution was written, But that does not discredit the principle that the government should be at the mercy of its citizens. They should be afraid of us, Not the other way around. If the state is not afraid of us, Then the most important part of the checks and balances system we have in this country would be lost forever.

• There’s a REASON for Our Laws

Messing with our Bill of Rights is a slippery slope.
    Pro ******2A*****

Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, Or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, And to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II
    A well regulated militia, Being necessary to the security of a free state, The right of the people to keep and bear arms, Shall not be infringed.

Amendment III
    No soldier shall, In time of peace be quartered in any house, Without the consent of the owner, Nor in time of war, But in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, Houses, Papers, And effects, Against unreasonable searches and seizures, Shall not be violated, And no warrants shall issue, But upon probable cause, Supported by oath or affirmation, And particularly describing the place to be searched, And the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V
    No person shall be held to answer for a capital, Or otherwise infamous crime, Unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, Except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, Or in the militia, When in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, Nor be deprived of life, Liberty, Or property, Without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, Without just compensation.

Amendment VI
    In all criminal prosecutions, The accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, By an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, Which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, And to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, And to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII
    In suits at common law, Where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, The right of trial by jury shall be preserved, And no fact tried by a jury, Shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, Than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII
    Excessive bail shall not be required, Nor excessive fines imposed, Nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX
    The enumeration in the Constitution, Of certain rights, Shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, Nor prohibited by it to the states, Are reserved to the states respectively, Or to the people.

• Welcome to the South

Okay, All you idiots that want to take away guns and anything revolving around THE UNITED STATES SECOND AMENDMENT, Good luck. Y'all will have to take it out of most southerns hands. Our great nation was based off guns and the second amendment. If someone were to break into my home, Good luck, Its our right to bear arms and I sleep next to my pistol. I go hunting to put food in my freezer and provide for my family. Its our right to have any guns we want. If i want to have a. 50 cal next to me in bed and someone breaks in you bet believe ill be using it to protect myself and family.

• If the government does not trust citizens with the right to protect themselves, Or put restrictions on firearms, Their intentions aren't good.

Once guns are all taken away, Look at what happen to germany and other European countries, They are being raped by damn muslims, Because of open borders and they are being raped because it is so fucking hard to get firearms, Which means women and children are at huge risks of being raped by them, And criminals DO NOT follow laws, If that were the case then why doesn't murder being illegal work?

• We might have to overthrow the government, I mean, We might

We have the right to bear arms, As seen in the second amendment, And we can also rebel against the government if it is B a d. So I mean, With gun control, It's like the government is seizing that 'kind of power'

We just need to realize that Americans were born to have weapons man

• Guns save more lives than they kill per year.

This is a Constitutional Republic. . . Banning any kind of gun is a form of tyranny and as I recall the founding fathers created the 2nd Amendment to protect us from the government taking over and telling us what we can see, Hear, Think, And do. I don't care what Obama or Hillary or any of the liberals say. They are Marxist puppets, The media created them to create hysteria and say "Oh guns are bad they take lives". The 2nd Amendment is the most important amendment of them all because it gives us Americans the right to defend ourselves.

Plus I'm honestly pissed that cities are wasting their time to put a ban on anything gun-related they don't like.

In the end we the true American's will be prepared for the apocalypse, While the commies are brain dead from all of the chaos and bow down to their government.

• The problem is the person, Not the gun.

Do we blame the car when someone dies in a car crash? Do we blame the bomb when there is a bombing? No. So why should we blame guns? The constitution states "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, Shall not be infringed". The Constitution doesn't say "we shall ban guns when schools start to get shot up". It says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Simple as that.

• I agree there needs to be some limitations, I can also see that the Constitution clearly says that all Americans have the right to guns.

Many on the anti-gun side say that guns are dangerous. This is true. They also say without guns there can not be any shootings. This is also true. But they are wrong when they say not having guns are safer. Just look at cities like Chicago. Hardly anyone has a legal gun, And the number of shooting is highest in the country. Then look at Kennesaw, Georgia, Mandatory gun ownership, And very little crime. This proves guns make people safer.

• I love guns

It is a right to own whatever I want. If you disagree then get out of my country. The world would be a better place if everyone had a gun. If you want to shoot somebody, Then you'll have 10 other people shooting you. The many are more important then the few.

• Mentally disturbed and violent criminals have proven themselves undeserving of arms.

You cannot on one hand say mentally disturbed people are the only ones shooting up schools and on the other hand say no gun control is permissible. If that is your interpretation of the constitution, If you need it spelled out or if you think the founding fathers were that opposed to gun control, Then it should immediately be a bipartisan effort to do so.

Very few Democrats in the US actually want to 'take away all of our guns. ' The vast majority want sensible controls. Violent criminals, Mentally disturbed, Et cetera. To accept the proposition is to say you're ok with the worst violent offenders being released from jail and immediately purchasing a gun. The most psycopathic men being released from the psych ward and immediately purchasing a gun. No one is this dense.

• *Salon “The failure of the Second Amendment: Our founders got this one wrong in every respect” +others (children's lives has more value than a document)

* The Huffington Post “Amend The Second Amendment To End Gun Violence
    "Last year the Violence Policy Center found that a gun owner is 32 times more likely to use their weapon in criminal homicide rather than in self-defense. Usually the first reason a gun advocate says there is a need to own guns is the self-protection myth. Now that that myth has been debunked and it has been proven that justifiable homicides are rare, We must move past the old self-defense narrative and think with clearer heads when discussing gun ownership. "

* Huffington Post “The Second Amendment”
    “Saying that Americans have “a fundamental right to bear arms” is not accurate. The work of our Founding Fathers gave Americans the privilege to bear arms. Unfortunately, Many people use the word “right”, When in reality they are speaking of a “privilege”. ”

* Salon. . .
    “However, The question remains as to whether or not this aged bit of legislation has actually accomplished its goal. Have militias effectively contributed to the defense of the nation and has a freely armed private population made America fundamentally safer and more secure society where life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness exist by virtue of a well-armed populace? ”
    “The fact that the United States has and continues experience staggering levels of gun-related deaths, Despite presently having well over 330 million guns in the country, Is clear demonstration that being well armed as a society does not equate to being safe in a broader sense.
    This makes for a strong argument that the Second Amendment is a failed amendment – a hopelessly entrenched piece of legislation that has continually fallen short of its expectations and has contributed more to depriving Americans of the rights of life, Liberty, And the pursuit of happiness than to protecting those same rights. ”
    * The New York Observer “A Public Health Approach and a Call to Action to End Gun Violence”
    “Unintentional firearm injuries steal the life of a child under the age of 15 every six days, Typically involving a friend or a sibling. And guns play a significant role in domestic violence and violence against women. Over the past 25 years, More intimate partner homicides in the U. S. Have been committed with guns than with all other weapons combined. ”
    “Of the 216 daily victims of gun violence who survive, 43 were shot unintentionally, Including an average of eight children and teens. Nevertheless, One-third of homes with children in America have guns and nearly 1. 7 million children live in a home with an unlocked and loaded gun. ”

* Huffington Post “ISIS And The NRA: Similarities Abound”
    - Institutionally, Both organizations are remorseless about the deaths of victims
    - Both use fear and intimidation to obtain their objectives
    - Both assume their ideology is superior to the wishes of the majority of citizens
    - Both have intensely loyal followers
    - Both recruit and indoctrinate members who are ignorant of the basic facts
    - Neither organization will apologize for the harm they cause

• It's a paradox.

I understand. Yes, The military should have guns. But why do we need access to them? Think about it. Why do we think we need guns? To protect ourselves. From what? Sticks and knives? No. From other guns. But wait! If no one is allowed to own guns, No one will have to be afraid of them! That's my point. I hope, At least, You consider it.

• The constitution has general guidelines. They can't be taken 100% literally

The Founding Fathers wrote this to prevent a tyrannical government from disarming its people to control them. Children do not need guns to prevent the government from doing this, Nor would very dangerous people need guns to defend freedom. The government's role is also to protect the people, And arming every single civilian puts people in danger

• You don't have the right to shoot me. I have the right to live.

This is my body. My right to live outweighs your alleged right to shoot me. It is wrong to take a human life. If you want mega gun rights, Join the military. I am so tired of promurder gun activists thinking it is okay to commit murder. If you shoot me, You are a murder.

• Guns And Societal Knowledge Improves; Constitution Should Too

When the constitution was invented, Only guns that are fired once and then have to be reloaded again and still have a low accuracy rate were the only gun problem the founding fathers had to face in their time. Never did they have to think that auto-rifles and machine guns would become a thing, If they did, They would've flat out wrote more into the amendment more on that issue.

In today's society, Where mental illness is now being on the surface and researched more, The modern dangers of guns, And just the plain dangers of humans themselves, There must be a form of control and safety implemented to protect those who don't have the will to hold a gun or the responsibilities to hold onto said guns.

It is not only guns that we should be worried about, But humans themselves. To allow humans to go rampage with weapons only meant to cause fear, Bodily harm or death without an authority reasoning, Would be inane.

But if we're to conclude onto a single amendment that was done in the late 1700s, Then by all means, Yes gun control could be considered unconstitutional. As stated by the Constitution itself, "A well regulated Militia, Being necessary to the security of a free State, The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, Shall not be infringed. " The word 'arms' only specifics the group of guns of that yearly time the constitution was officially published and not the future implementations. The founding fathers have allowed the constitution to be able to be changed over the long period of times specifically to battle out future generations' problems that they don't have to worry about in their time frame.

The bills of rights doesn't have the ability to be changed, But amendments can overcome certain elements in the bill of rights. With gun problems be rampant in the modern United States, It should be held as a topic for change and for the safety of the people, No matter the political party issue on guns in general.

We as humans should look more into the issue of guns for our own sense of safety rather than the issue of a 'freedom' being taken from us. Future generations shouldn't have to suffer of past dangers still coming to haunt them because of our own inane excuses of 'freedom being taken away' while there are countries that ban guns outright from the very beginning to including its authority figures but are still thriving as a country.

https://billofrightsinstitute. Org/founding-documents/bill-of-rights/
    https://constitutioncenter. Org/blog/what-does-it-take-to-repeal-a-constitutional-amendment
    https://www. Law. Cornell. Edu/wex/second_amendment

• My Rifle is my life. Without my Rifle I have no life. I am worthless without my Rifle.

My mamma told me to go shoot a squirrel when I was a little tater tot. I blow the jeepen devils out that squirrel and hung it on my back. I waled in the hood and tried to shoot some ganging raccoons too. Mamma told me life was like a box o chocolates, It don't last long for fat folks.

• You Could have guns if you're emotionally stable

I for one am not saying no guns I'm saying have gun checks have the same laws everywhere have psychological tests before receiving a gun. Some people are emotionally unstable, They don't need guns if you want a gun, Be stable fill out a form get a doctor's note take a test then we'll see!

• Boop bap boom

Boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom bop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom bop bap boomboop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom bop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom bop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom boop bap boom bop bap boom

• The Second Amendment itself is a limit on gun control.

Gun control is based on the formation of a militia NOT on the right for anyone to own a gun. It is not for anyone and it is to be in defense of the state not in the defense of an individual. The second amendment itself lays out prescriptions for the control of guns.

ladiesman says2018-11-11T21:49:22.097
Every time there has been a mass shooting, The National Rifle Association tries to take the subject off guns by claiming, "This is a mental health issue". Well my response to that is, "What do you propose we do about that? ".
>