Ancient medical science is far better than modern medical science

• Yes I feel ancient medical science is better than modern medicine

During the ancient era people were treated by the same old traditional herbs...
    And they were way to fit than us....Today if you see every next person has some
    Or the other disease....I believe with the introduction of new 'modern medical science'
    more diseases like cancer,AIDS and many more contagious diseases have come to existence.
    Yes...Ancient medicines are time consuming in their process of healing but they are are body
    friendly....And most importantly they do not have any side effects....If we see chemicals used in
    modern medicines are like poison to the human liver....And may even cause liver failure.In my opinion ancient science is better than modern medical science,because it is based on the principles
    of Ayurveda

• Ancient medical science is better

I agree that ancient medical science is better compared to modern medical science. The most important factor that makes me feel that ancient medical prevails compared to present medical techniques is that, People used to go the doctors (vaidyas)and doctors used to recognize the type of disease by just testing the pulse rate. But these days people waste a plenty of time in scanning x ray and other things. The ancient treatment was done by doctors at cheaper rates which was affordable but nowadays people pay lacks together and still do not get perfect assurance of one's health. So by these points I think that ancient medical methods were far better.

• Ancient medicines are more better than the nowadays medicine

According to historians, Until the 19th century, Life expectancy was about 35 yrs compared to about 75 yrs in civilized nations. This is because, Back then, They didn't know about germs so didn't bother cleaning wounds, Having clean bandages, Or even washing their hands prior to touching wounds. Fact is, Back then, If you got scratch by a branch that had bird dropping on, You could die from infection because nobody bothered to clean the bird poo out of the wound much less use anything to sterilize it.

• Facts have proven this wrong time and time again.

To start off, life expectancy in the days of herbal medicine (around 1700 for the later days) was around 35 years. If you want to argue sanitation then look at life expectancy in the early 1900's which was 47 years, despite knowledge on germ theory and sanitation. Today the average life expectancy is around 80 years. There really is no rational argument for ancient medicine being superior.
    To top my point off, I want to add that modern medicine is all backed by peer reviewed research, proving that it works. The reason herbal remedies are almost never used today (by physicians, not quacks like naturopaths) is either because they have failed to overcome the burden of a placebo during clinical trials, or other treatments have been shown to be more effective.

• Unless you want to die young.

According to historians, until the 19th century, life expectancy was about 35 yrs compared to about 75 yrs in civilized nations. This is because, back then, they didn't know about germs so didn't bother cleaning wounds, having clean bandages, or even washing their hands prior to touching wounds. Fact is, back then, if you got scratch by a branch that had bird dropping on, you could die from infection because nobody bothered to clean the bird poo out of the wound much less use anything to sterilize it.

>