• There needs to be a separation on consensual sex and sexual harassment.

These two are totally different but if a woman decides that a relationship has soured, She can easily accuse sexual harrassment and get traction from the allegation. In my case it was a consensual relationship that I ended and she retaliated with sexaul harassment allegations and I payed the price. I'm sure it happens to some people but the current atmosphere is more of a "witch hunt" unfortunately.

• One person's word against another

Particularly in historical cases there is no physical proof so it comes down to who the jury believe. This will usually be the female and they know that. It is therefore an easy way to get revenge on the guy they don't like and ruin there life, I know from bitter experience.

• Yes, I beleive so.

Sexual Harassment has been taken too far in this country. Women can use this as a tool for revenege quite easily. All they have to do is make an accusation and then a male co worker is at risk for losing their job. The laws have been made too harsh.

• Yes, sexual harassment cases happen because someone is revengeful

There has been many false allegations of sexual harassment and it has been documented. Often times the person making the false allegations is revengeful, or falsely accuse others out of malice. People do make up false allegations and the motives to do so are wide and varied. Sometimes its out of revenge or jealous or sometimes even to build a better defense case.

• No, Very Rare

While there are definitely cases where someone falsely accuses another for the sake of revenge, They are not the norm. It takes a lot of effort to go through with complaints, And you risk public embarrassment/shame. Seen it happen a couple times, And when the perpetrator was finally taken to task, Nobody was surprised. Instead, Relief because there is the stigma that falls under the category of this question. To be believed after holding something terrible in for so long out of fear - you can't beat the feeling of vindication.

• No, they aren't.

No, sexual harassment accusations are not often made for the purpose of revenge. When a woman or man accuses someone of sexual harassment, the claim is usually made because the claim is true. There are studies that indicate this fact too. People usually do not falsely accuse someone unless they have a mental disorder or are troubled in some way.

• It is often made because it is happening

No, I do not believe that sexual harassment accusations are often reported for the purpose of revenge. I think that they are usually made because the individual believes that he or she is being or has been a victim of sexual harassment. Some people may use it as a tool to get another in some type of trouble, but for the most part I believe the complaints are sincere.

• There are other ways to get revenge.

They are other ways to get revenge, and for anything to be done about sexual harassment you need proof. If the person didn't do it, and there is no proof, then there isn't anything to worry about. Companies will try to keep the people apart, or ask for messages, pictures, and so on before punishing the person.