Are Adults Hurting Young Children by Pushing Them to Achieve?

• Essay for School

I do believe that a parent pushing kids to achieve something is hurtful for them. I believe this because they might get stressed out and sure I know why parents would believe that its good for them after all if the kids achieve more than an average kid they might go to better colleges and have a higher paying job, But if the kids do not get a good grade they might be very stressed about their parents reaction. For example if a kid got a bad grade like a C+ and their parents said they should be getting all A's then they might be worried about the consequences that will follow after they tell their parents.

• Adults need to stop pushing us!

Kids that are pushed to achieve are usually extremely stressed, They don't have a lot of freedoms, And they usually are more likely to have depression or something. The stress can lead to a lack of motivation, And later, Actively hating school and all things education. Getting pushed around is not good for kids. Kids need to be nurtured, Supported, Cared for, And be able to play. Learning can occur wherever, Not just by good grades. Good grades are usually a result of the memorize, Regurgitate, Forget method. I don't remember much of what I "learned" in September and it's only October. This is scary. Learning is something that should happen naturally, And getting pushed by parents and teachers to just memorize stuff is not helping anything. Also, Kids aren't mini adults! We can't handle as much stress and we're still growing! We need to be able to learn at our own pace. We are not our parents. We don't need to do all the things they wish they did as kids, We need to follow our own interests! We have an innate curiosity and a drive to learn, That school and all of this pushing sucks it out of us. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Yes, They are being pushed too much

Adults should remember that their mentality is higher than young children. Adults can handle a lot more than kids can. It is important for a child’s development to have a little bit of freedom. Kids need to solve things on their own sometimes without their parents always telling them what to do. When adults are always pushing kids and saying to work harder or even not allowing them to do things unless their schoolwork is done or room is clean, There is no freedom.

• Parents need to chill

Im a victime bro im currently 14 and my dad already has me look up universities and trying to get me to join the Nationa Honor Society he pushes me to do my homework and would make me stay up at night to finish it Im at the point where i don't care my grades, School or anything. Parents can nudge the children support them but forcing and controlling their life with no little amount of freedom its basically a dictatorship you go home to everyday

• I'm a victim

I'm a student in middle school and my dad pressures me to get up early go to school get good grades and all the stuff you other kids have to go through. I'm getting grounded and punished if I come home with a C or lower and its all this pressure that makes me act out.I have trouble at school and home because my dad expects me to be perfect. I believe that a little bit of pressure is good but to much can make a student fail fall and get picked on.

• Essay for school

I am currently doing an argumentative essay and I completely agree, but there is the downfall where it can be wayyayyyyyy worse, so keep your head held high and keep on truckin. So keep on doing what needs to be done and do what is best for you, not what is best for your parents.

• Im a victim

Im am 15 years old and my parents are putting pressure on me everyday telling me to suceed to get up early an do my homework getting mad telling me hurry making me stay up late to do work an late i mean like 3 in the morning so yes they are hurting children

• I'm a Victim

I'm 14 and my mom pushes me hard to get good grades so I can succeed later, but it really only stresses me out. Pushing kids to achieve is not absolutely wrong, but if you do it too much, it will only harm. Though I can get why parents want to push their children so they can have a better life, it becomes less beneficial as kids get older. I read some thoughts from both sides and some said that there are high drop out rates hurting the economy because parents don't push their children hard enough and if you don't push your kids they'll become nothing in life. The more likely reason that there high drop out rates is that kids are pushed so much in middle and high school that they drop out right when they get the chance. If you don't push them to achieve, they will more likely flourish and grow then fall apart, and if they do fall, you can be there to quietly help them get back up. I'm not saying you should just completely leave your kids alone and let them do whatever they want, I'm saying that you shouldn't push too hard.

• Parents are hurting their children by pushing them too hard to succeed.

A small amount of pushing is good; it can cause children to aim and create goals for themselves. However, I also believe it depend on how hard, and how much you push them. Pushing them constantly and too hard can not only stress them out, but also cause them to not want to aim for anything due to it.

• Parents should stop pushing

Pushing too much on children can make them irresponsible in their future. In addition, pushing on children can also cause an opposite reaction. I believe that parents should only encourage and support without pushing. Consequently, parent's pushing makes the learner hate what he/she is doing. To sum it all, parents should stop pushing.

• Parents are doing what best for their children.

Parents are encouraging their children and that's okay but sometimes there are parents who are crazy and push their children. There are also parents who do not care about their kids' grades at all. So Parents, Don't push your children too much and don't be careless and let them be free either.

• Encouraging them is not hurting

It depends on the way they wrote “pushing” . It could mean hurting them but it could also mean encouraging them. Encouraging them is not hurting them. Parents are just getting them ready for their future. Also, parents have been treated the way they are treated, so parents just want just want to push them to the right direction.

• In my opinion, I personally think it is not.

Because parents are people who had went through everything before us and pushing their child to be successful is actually what parents should do. They understand the social reality expectation is higher day by day, pushing their kids is to make them have a better knowledge to ready for a whole big social outside.

• Children NEED To BE Pushed!

How will they ever become something without giving up on it. I mean think about it when your pushing me they go for the gold, but when you don't push them, let them go on there own then they will just fail and become nothing in life, and not having the courage to really achieve anything in life and go for it.

• Children NEED To BE Pushed!

• Parents are killers

Kids are getting so stressed out they are literally killing them selfs. Parents need to let there child have freedom but they have to help them learn to study and do there homework and chores while having fun. They also need to help them with there homework and any other school work. If they NEED it

• They are pushing us too much!!

What I think is that it should be hurtful to young children by pushing them to achieve. Some children commit suicide, because of parents pushing too much or getting so much stress by studying even though they don't want to study. I get that sometimes you have to study even though if you don't want to. But children need freedom, to do what they want to do!!!

• Children NEED To BE Pushed!

• Push Your Children to Succeed

These days, with high dropout rates and problems with the economy, it is important for parents to push their children to achieve. They need to understand that we live in a changing world, where the poorly education will have less opportunities than they ever had before. An education is imperative to their success, employment and future. Less emphasis should be placed on sports, and more emphasis on studies which will prepare them for college.

>