Are anti heroes better than the traditional hero who just wants to save everyone?

Asked by: Rednael
  • Antis are just better

Anti heroes are more interesting than just plain regular, Traditional heroes. There also aren’t that many anti heroes. Heroes are good, But antis are kinda more realistic. They get the job done, No matter what. Although, Anti heroes DON’T kill CHILDREN. That is what I like about them as well. But, If an anti does kill an innocent person by mistake, They won’t lose sleep over it (except for children, Of course).

• Anti-hero​ is a person who takes whatever to win

It doesn't matter for them to be sided with good or bad persons, all they want is to win their fight by any means necessary to see the next day, they're flawed and have their own weaknesses and motivations which is completely relatable to flawed and filled-with issues humans which is us, real people. However some are completely misunderstood like Punisher: he just kills everyone he doesn't like and seem criminal because of a cliche tragedy, doesn't think about his doing and he is just out there for fan service, he is exactly Batman only with a bunch of guns. I like Red Hood,Hawkeye,Moon Knight, Deadpool​,Deathstroke and characters like them who do what they think is right for them to win and fulfill their goals no matter the cost.
    "Surviving is winning, Franklin, everything else is bullshit. Fairy tales spun by people too afraid to look life in the eye. Whatever it takes, kid: survive."
    - Michael De Santa, 2013, Grand Theft Auto V

• Anti-heros Aren't afraid of the fact that bad people should die

It's a classic," should we execute mass killers, or risk the fact that you'll have to deal with the same problem later" question...
    When I see villains, coming back constantly I see a nuisance, it's either the containment sucks in jail...Or the current law sucks....
    Why else wouldn't ...They logically put up true maximum security...
    The solution is....Take the law into your.....Own hands.....
    And kill..

• Anti-heros give seductive story lines

Like if make it such a unsuspecting action. Something you cant tell will happen like RE:zero the main dies and comes back see thats a gud ass story cuz you dont know if he'll survive his fight or not. He remembers wt happens and changes things up but still dies until. Well he gets it. Thats real intrging. So I love anti-hero more rather there hella bad they still have feelings, well not to much but its their so anti-heros give it a compelling fight. Something hellfully random!

• Anti heroes aren't good, but...

There is an interesting similarity of this question to the issue of death sentence vs. Prisons. Death sentence is feared by criminals but is inhumane - anti heroes are the same. On the other hand, prisons won't stop a criminal to do his crimes again - same is with heroes

• No we need some light in this world

I believe that while anti heroes are interesting characters, I don't agree with some of their methods. Let us use the Punisher as an example, he decided to wage a one man war on crime against all those who do bad. He uses torture against his enemies and doesn't believe in forgiveness, these I qualities which I don't find admirable. I believe that the traditional hero should also get their time to shine and find that there are too many anti hero stories out there. Anti Heroes are getting boring and it is hard to find a protagonist who doesn't sulk in the shadows. I'm not saying that anti hero stories are bad, I would just like to see more of the traditional hero now.

• Anti-heros give seductive story lines

>