Are autistic people oppressed, Marginalized or disenfranchised?

Asked by: Luciano700
  • Yes they are, Just not in a traditional manner

Traditional meaning not in a structured manner kinda like racism or religionism

But anyways, I will not ignore and avoid the acknowledgement altogether and I will give examples

-Lack of acesss to more education spaces

-More desciplined than other people

-Can get scolded by others for saying a silly thing, Yet someone else can say something even more offensive and not get a foul

-They are constantly rejected

-They do not have a right to question their enviromemt

-If you start arguing with a person, They will shame you to the max, If a NT argues outta the nowhere in a flaming or rudely manner, No squat given

-If they are made fun of their identity they must bottled it up even if it leads to mobbing and harassing

-Lack of platform

The list goes on and on, Their turmoil may be a little different, But they still deserve respect I mean. . .

• Very oppressed for sure

Trump has attempted to revoke the Americans with Disabilities act and somehow ''no'' is the winning answer? Like, Are you kidding me?

For starters, There is a lot of constant harassing and dog whistling you will deal with in the long run once you acknowledge that you're autistic.

2nd, There is the overlook of mental health lookout due to the minority stress a lot of them gotta suffer. This is why depression rates are high for autistic folks

3rd. Financial hardship. The poverty rate for autistic adults rose to 28% in 2016. Autistic people are also more likely to be taxed to the max and homeless than the general population

4th. The HS dropout rate for autistic students is rising and the graduation rates only keep getting lower

• No I think they have too much attention

Say your kid is autistic you find many services for your child. What the problem is an over saturation of attention and focus on autistic children. The media wastes too much time on them and the media has mythologized them. I think other groups of people are more oppressed and disenfranchised than them.

• I say yes and NO!

I am going with the no side

Although I as an autistic person have gone through turmoil in my lifetime and have realized this is a huge contributor of struggling to communicate myself across the world, But having gotten better over time, I figure just like women and children, We are protected class. Yes, There are are severe cases of abuse or torture against autistic people and people with other mental disabilities, But we can't say they deserve recognition into society until further research is advanced through. Look at what happened with the transgender restroom case, Do you want a WEAPONIZED agenda now trying to attack NT's and check their privilege? Yes, Some NTs can be real aaaholes against us, But I respect those who have stood up for me and those that have helped me communicate the world throughly.

On the other hand, The hardships and turmoils of autistic people and other mentally disabled folks are still recognized.

I mean you have SJWs instead of speaking against actual abuse of autistic people you instead have them worrying about corny jokes or the ''autistic screeching'' meme

The next step is to stop romanticizing diagnoses and make autistic people feel no more ordinary than NTs. Overromanticizing a diagnosis kills motivation for that autistic person and can only make him or her lose more confidence along the way. Also, If the social justice peeps cared about us you would be speaking about initialization too, But instead the jokes and memes are way more offensive I guess!

• Spectrum, Yes. Real autism, No.

I do beleive that people on the autism spectrum are marginalized because they often appear as normal people when you first meet them. It will take a while for you to notice their struggles. I think they are often overlooked because their condition is not obvious.

In terms of people who are full on autistic, Then No. I do not think they are marginalized. In general, I think they are given more attention than the normal person. If they really need it, I think it's good, But then you'll also have the women that will treat them with overly nice behavior and this can get a little noxious lol.

(I am on the autism spectrum by the way. )