They're quicker to obtain.
EBooks are more easily updated and upgraded.
You usually get far more than just the book.
EBooks take up less space
eBooks don't use up trees
They're more portable
References can be hot-linked
You can do global searches and find information quickly
The technology will get better
Opinion, are better due to the fact of transportation and ease of access. I love reading books and often find myself in the middle of several at the same time. While a physical book can be more enjoyable to interact with, it's difficult to carry around four or five at once.
Some people like to read multiple books at once, and depending on how many they can get heavy. But with ebooks you can have as many books you want all while still carrying the same weight. For those that only read one at a time, ebooks are easier to read at night, since you don’t need a light to read because ereaders produce their own light. Some bay bring up the blue light factor, but most devices allow you to turn that off in your brightness settings.
It is very simple and easy to purchase and download ebooks through the Internet. It is exactly like purchasing any other product. The only difference is that after payment you will either be directed to a download page or receive the download link in an email. All you have to do is click on the link and the ebook will automatically download to your computer, to a folder of your own choice.
After download you don't have to be connected to the Internet in order to read the ebook. You can stay offline. If you wish to have it printed, it is very easy. Just click on the print button in the ebook, to print it with your home printer.
You can read when you're in the bed because the printed book has to open the light. And eBooks don't use up trees. Except when you print one out—I usually do for booklets and special reports—eBooks use very few natural resources. We save trees and help reduce pollution from pulp mills.
Both e-books and print books have their pros and cons. The question is not really as binary as it seems. It is a logical fallacy to put forth the question as being so "either or". Many people are opting for both e-books and print books. It's like saying that stairs stopped existing after the elevator was invented. Actually, it is nice that we have both for very different reasons! It's nice to have e-books when I travel because it is less heavy to bring all that wonderful knowledge along! However, it is also nice to have a printed book when my e-reader runs out of battery and I cannot recharge it for whatever reason! It is more democratic that sometimes e-book versions are cheaper and thus more accessible. However, it is in another way more democratic to have access to free printed books at the library! Sometimes you can't find certain editions in e-book format. Sometimes you can't find certain editions in printed format. So, aren't we lucky if we can have both!
I prefer E-books than books
1. You can have them on your device which you'll always carry with you
2.You can find whatever book you want to read
3.You can read them in anytime.They won't cause any danger like books when you read them light off
4. We can help Environment not cutting trees off
5.It's easy to mark the last place you stopped ( don't need to curve like real books)
Here are some reasons:
Take up less space
Don’t have to carry them around
Don't use up trees
References can be hot-linked for new info
Quicker to obtain
Survey says: people who read ebooks, read more
No page curvature
Can read in total darkness
Can read on your side
Dictionary for unknown words
Free samples to get to know book before buying
They are environmentally friendly since it reduces trees needed to be cut down, they are much more portable, and you can make your own alterations such as highlighting an important sentence or changing the font size to your preference. Although you might get distracted, it is easier to focus on a smaller device with personalization options.
JhhjjjjjjjjJjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkkjhkgiugyugubiuhoublihio;epkminru80 40uieuhinrt98j fjj g g g g g gg g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g
With an eBook, you wouldn't be able to take it with you anywhere, and they would cost too much for it to be on a nook. Nooks cost 120 dollars and then you have to buy all the books. And what would happen if it broke? You would have to buy another one and re-buy all the books again.
1. Studies show that that when children read on an e-reader, that may actually impede child’s ability to learn.
2. Studies show that parents interact differently with children over an e-reader than over a physical book. That difference may make children slower to read and comprehend a story.
3. Paper books feel good in your hands - even the best designed eReader is a cold, lifeless metallic device.
4. Paper books look better than eBooks, because paper books will always have the full illustrations and words (unless it is damaged). E-books tend to have a grainier, worse quality version.
5. You can’t lend an eBook to a friend. You can loan someone your book by loaning them your reading device, but that’s like giving access to one of your books by loaning them your entire library, book cases and all.
6. If you "buy" an eBook, read it, put it in storage, and try to re-read it in 10 years it probably won’t exist on a platform or device that will be possible for that particular e-book format.
7. EBooks are still too expensive and you can't get cheap second-hand copies, or expensive first edition copies.
8. Staring at a bright electronic screen for hours can ruin your eyesight.
9. You can’t sit down on your sofa with a cup of hot chocolate and your thin, cold, unfeeling iPad, or other device.
10. You can own an eBook, but that is not the same as owning a paper-bound book, which is almost personal.
11. Books are more personal than eBooks, because they contain memories. You can have a book that was given to you by your grandmother, but it’s impossible to feel that way from a file on your device.
12. Some people may say that you can always highlight or add notes on your device, however, taking a note in an e-book or making a highlight in it is independent of the book; all of that information is stored apart from the book in a file or a database. Send the book to another person and you’ll find that all of the notes and highlights are gone, because they belong to you or your device, not to your book.
13. Books are accepted in more places than eBooks. For example, you don’t need to turn off your book in an airplane.
14. Books won’t die, however, the device’s battery might.
15. Not everyone can afford a device to read the eBook on.
....So yeah. Also, i want to highlight lines in a book, fold pages, put them up on my shelf like a trophy. Love spreading the joy, give someone a book you loved, maybe don't hoard it. Books are all about sharing, ebooks are about keeping it private. They are also much more human.
I don't know about you but I love to walk into a book store and just look at random book covers. They're beautiful! You just know someone spent a long time trying to portray this wonderful story into a single picture so that you would look at it and say, "That looks cool."
I mean, I'm sure they would even accept "This looks interesting" or even "I think I'll like this book" but all the same. They spent time and thought on this picture that represents the essence of the book and that's what draws people in. Sure they have pictures on the e-reader and you can look at the title page for some of them so you can look at the cover art for a little bit, BUT books are far easier to flip around and go from beginning to end just by turning the book around. With an e-book you have to press several buttons before you can get back and forth from page to page.
Yeah, we live in modern world, but it doesn't mean that we should forget all old things. Our parents, grandparents and other ancestors were taught by old paper book. We should remember our history and how book influences our thought. Nowadays it doesn't safe to rely on technology, Your ebook can just break and you will found yourself without your enormous library.
E books will never be better you're just dumb ahahahah ahahah ahah ahah ahaha hahaaha hahaha hahah wooooooooah bc print books are so good and yeah if you disagree u r just wrong bc yeah u are i'll fight you on this bc its a fact js lol bye bye
I prefer books as it help in improving vocabulary. It also helps us improve our spoken english. It encourages people to know more about the author's various other books. It is unbreakable. It is much cheaper than e book. And obviously when it comes for sharing books or borrowing a book from a library u can't share or borrow e books. Thus I will recommend and prefer books
Noo oooo ooo ooo oo oo oo ooo ooo ooo oo oo oo oooo ooo oo oo oo ooo o oo o ooo ooo ooooo ooo oooooo oooooo oooooo oooo ooooo oo ooo ooo oo ooooo oooo oooo oooo ooooo ooooo oo ooo oooo oooo oo ooo oooo oooo oo ooo
just for supporting
Gf gffffffff ff ff ffff ff ffff fggg gggggg ggggg ggggggg gggghh hhhhhhhhhhh hhhss sssssss sssssssssss sssssssssssss sssssssss sssssssssssss ssssssssssssss sssssssss ssss ssssss sssss ssssss sssss ssssssss ssssssss ssssssss ssss sssssss ss sssssssss sss ssss ssssssss sssssssss sssssss hhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh hhhh hhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh hhh hhhhh hhhhh h hhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh
So i know my argument here is completely based on my personal love of real books. And it does not ammount to anything factual but... It should not be discounted i think.
There is real magic to owning a book. Feeling its pages in your hands. The smell of a book taking you back ti the epic climax of a story, or even the sound of a page taking you to when you lost a beloved characrer.
The feel of a page, dry, like the sands of a desert as a hero crosses it, escaping for those evil being that would see him dead.
The black ink, so often represetative of a heroins hair as it flows back behind her as she rides a horse in to battle.
Yes a physical book may not be as practical if you are a busy person. It may take up more space, gather dust in the years that it goes unread while you read other adventurs... And you cant take your whole library with you.
But its akways waiting for you, ready to be picked up whenever you want.
Never discount the connection you feel to a real book.
Infact, i listen to audiobooks too, and after i listen ti them... If i really love them, i buy the paperback. I do this because there is a connection to the nook that means more than just reading. Reading for me is more than a pleasure it is a way if life. I grow as a person with every book that i read. And i know myself better as a person when i read.
This is why having a real book is better. The connection to a fictional crharacter through something very tangible.
Another thing i love is that the spine of a book creases when it is read. The cover obtains scars, there are not bad things. These are rhe aigns that a book has been read and loved and cherished.
Ebooks are good. But real books are real.