Are exams the best way to decide who are the best students in a school?

• Yes they are fair

Yes exams are the best way to decide the best students in school. An exam tests your knowledge on the material. There is no more fair way to test knowledge. There will always be bad test takers but if you use another method instead there will be someone bad at that too.

• They're how knowledge is demonstrated.

We need to have a metric to find out if you've been paying attention in school at all, and exams are how that's done. They may cause stress, they may cause performance anxiety but guess what? So do lots of situations in life, in the real world where adults live. Pay attention when you're in school and everything will be fine!

• Deciding best students?

As a student, I feel that it is important to consider the abilities of each individual and not only solely base on exams. Most just memorise their studies in the preparation of their exams just to get good grades. Some even are so desperate to the extent that they cheat.

• You must also focus on others like values and your attitude.

When you grow up, not only your studies is important.You must count in the values and respect your boss in the future.Values are important because they will teach you respect,care,resilience,harmony,responsibility and lastly integrity.Anyway, examinations are not the only way to find out if you focus in class.Eg.Focusing when the teacher is talking automatically.

• Not everyone is the same in strengths and weaknesses.

Let me make this clear, I am a good test taker (at least on paper), but that doesn't mean that I'm more intelligent overall. Sure, I could be better at what we were doing that day or in that certain class, but odds are you would beat me in a marathon or any sort of artistic competition. Tests, for lack of a better word, are one-size-fits-all - but the size only fits a certain type of person, with certain types of abilities.

There was once a boy in one of my history classes that, in terms of grades and tests, would be considered to need a lot of remediation (which he was getting, last I knew). However, when I looked over his shoulder one day, instead of notes I saw some of the best drawings I had ever seen. Turns out that he was a gifted artist - but test scores wouldn't show that. He saw the world through a different lens that some people have.

Sure, some kids want to take a test - like me - but others just can't do it. Giving them options on what they want to do might help. Give a project, do an assignment - heck, they could even make an interpretive dance routine if it fits. Let them use what they're good at to show what they know about the material.

Not everything in our minds fit on paper through pencil. Current tests assume that they can.

• Sounds like pathetic.

If we have to let the level of intelligence on paper exams, or simply memorisng work, decide the fate of who are the best students, it would seem really pathetic. A 'best' student can also be one who excels in other areas such as sports and arts. Not simply paper work after paper work.

• Exams don't tell everything.

It is impossible to say that exams are the best way to tell how good a student actually is. As far as I am concerned there are people that are good at taking tests and then there are smart people, and sometimes they don't overlap. No test can be the end all.

• Exams are not the best way to decide who are the best students in a school.

Exams are not the best way to decide who are the best students in a school, but they are the most practical way. The best way to evaluate students would involve personal interviews and expert observations on their behavior. This process would take too much time and money, however, and it would not be practical.

• Exams are the most fitting method to recognize the students best at doing well on exams

Exams are the most fitting method to recognize the students best at doing well on exams but they are by no means the way to recognize the best students in school. Each student varies on how well they can perform on exams, this does not make the students who do not test well the worst students.
    Exams are not the best test of ability and should not be treated as the best indicators of ability. Many students who do well on exams cannot apply their knowledge to real world situations and many students who do poorly on exams have adequate grasp of the material and can use it when needed during other applications.

• No they are not.

Exams are not the best way to decide who the best students in school are. Some students are very good at memorizing things for a test, but they do not retain any information. Other students get nervous on tests and don't do as well as they should. I think that a variety of factors should be looked at.

• No,I dont think so

Because there are many other ways in which intelligence manifests and exams offer only one way testing our luck..Exams cannot determine what kind of person we are..It can only decide whether we are attentive in the class or not.Besides exams,there are many ways which should be considered to decide who are the best students..For example:1)checking the punctuality of the student..2)how many assignments or presentations we have done..3)and also,giving each and every student of a class to become monitor,to test his/ her ability of being a great leader..So once again,exams are not the best way to decide the best students.!

• Are Exams The Best Way To Determine Who The Best Students In A School Are?

As a student, I feel that it is important to consider the abilities of each individual and not only solely base on exams. Most just memorize their studies in the preparation of their exams just to get good grades. Some even are so desperate to the extent that they cheat.

>