• Yes, Food stamps are being misused.

Food stamps should be used as a supplement to make sure your family eats healthy foods. People buy cakes, candy, soda and a lot of crap with their EBT card. Food stamps should be used to buy fruits and vegetables. Also, dairy products and meat products, as well as wheat bread and honey. They should not be the sole provider for food. Use them wisely. One other thing, off topic, stop using them for trades!

• From my experiences yes

I was approached a year ago by a guy who wanted to buy my groceries with his food stamps if I paid him half the value. He said he wanted to get something to drink for the next day (perhaps he thought he could tell me this since I am in my 20s, and was in yard work clothing. I don't know). Obviously, I said this made me uncomfortable, and declined, but what stuck is that he said they gave him so much there is no way he could eat that much. Further, I co-worker has told me that her daughter is on food stamps and she can hardly spend it all. It is a waste, it needs to be a safety net, not a safety plush bed.

• Yes, Food stamps are being misused.

• Food Stamps are being misused

I walked into a store one day and saw a kid trying to pay for a toy with food stamps. This is not the purpose of having this support. People are trying to buy lobsters with these stamps, it should be for basic foods not for high-dining. I admit that some people may not misuse these but the others that do are complete idiots.

• Blank blank blank

Yes, Food stamps are being misused. Food stamps should be used as a supplement to make sure your family eats healthy foods. People buy cakes, candy, soda and a lot of crap with their EBT card. Food stamps should be used to buy fruits and vegetables. Also, dairy products and meat products, as well as wheat bread and honey. They should not be the sole provider for food. Use them wisely. One other thing, off topic, stop using them for trades!

• Blank blank blank

• Blank blank blank

• Stop Big Misuse

I have seen people go to liquor store buy liquor, and then use food stamps to buy sugary drinks to mix liquor. This is a shame! Some people try to buy good food, but majority of people buy junk food. Worked in grocery store saw a lot of misuse. Stop misuse.

• No more cooking sherry!!!!

Why can someone who is alcoholic by cooking sherry and drinking it, when soon you can"t by soda????I I don" understand it. I am a tax payer and am sick of the loop holes that people get away with. STOP ALLOWING THEM TO PURCHASE COOKING SHERRY AND NOT SODA!!!!!!! Thank you.

• No more cooking sherry!!!!

• Food stamps are not being misused

There is a fundamental flaw with this reasoning. Anyone who has ever used or needed food stamps will reply "no" to this question through bias, and anyone who has never needed food stamps cannot accurately claim that they know whether or not they are misused, it is an assumption. Therefore, as long as food stamps serve their purpose (which is to help provide food for those who otherwise couldn't afford it) it accomplishes its task and is not being "misused".

• Blank blank blank

• Food stamps are not being misused

There's always a few people in every situation that takes advantage of it, but the number of people who really need assistance is much greater. Also, I don't see anything wrong with people buying snacks with their stamps. They have children. How would you feel if your child went to school without a snack when all of their friends have one?

• Food stamps for the most part are not being misused

The majority of people on food stamps need them. Oh, and yes some of the people receiving them work. So they are paying taxes as well. You self righteous idiots need to mind your own business and stay out of everyone else's. Besides who made you the food police anyway. They have the right to buy any edible food. You do.

• Here is the reality of the situation...

It sounds like most people are just looking for a reason to complain honestly. It's perfectly acceptable for a person who doesn't recieve benefits to buy their kids junk and endless amounts of McDonald's and fast food, but Lord forbid somebody by junk food with food stamps. I have been on both ends of the situation. I've seen a few who use it wrongly at times, but I have seen hard working people who do really bad things too. Should we judge everybody based on a few bad apples? Absolutely not. Sometimes people need help. You know how embarrassed I was when I filed for food stamps. I hated buying food with the card. I felt judged by everyone. Society makes families feel ashamed for needing help. That's what America has come too. We shame each other instead of helping. I've actually heard people tell me I shouldn't have had kids. You know what, I am so sorry that I didn't meet your criteria of what a mother has to be. But you don't know my story so who are you to judge me. My whole point was I don't feel that are being misused. It's no worse than a family going out to eat every other night, and buying junk that's quick to fix.

• Not by most people

The few people that abuse them are far less and make it harder for the people that need them. People don't think about it the income is so low that people need help or other reasons. I wish it were less looked down on because people who actually need them are embarrassed to have to have help in times of need.

• Cost per person

80 Billion dollars was spent in 2012 on Food Stamps. 47 million people took part in that. That's $1,700 per person for the year, or $141 per month for food, or $35 a week. 45% of the people using food stamps are children under 18, also known as people we don't want working. Yeah kids may not have the best judgement on their spending but would you rather have them starve? There is always going to be abuse it's a fact of life but for their purpose they give people a way to at least survive each month

• Yes, food stamps are being misused.

I think that ETP cards are being misused because most people tend to use it for shopping, deli stores, and unhealthy and unnecessary things. The thing is that it's not fair for people to use up peoples money for their own benefit and advantage, people have to pay taxes and give half percent of their pay check to the people who use the food stamps and that's just not fair. It's cruel because it's like using up someone's money for your own good and to make you feel satisfied. People should prove that they are having trouble with money and paying the bills first then receive the Benefit card. If not, then there is no reason for them to get one if they can pay for their family, expenses, food, and pay their bills and support their family.

• Elderly & disabled need food stamps

I am 80 years of age and disabled. My "food stamps" were drastically cut from $110 to $16 per month, while the Government spends billions on rockets to Mars, and one of the medical transport drivers that takes me to Drs. Appointments receives $175 per month and is EMPLOYED.
    Help!

• Food stamps are not being misused

First , why do yall people care about how people are using (THEIR) food stamps. That yall problem now yall always are worry about something that help black people or family that are less fortunate then you all . Some people like candy & junk food that's their business. && FYI I DON'T EVEN RECEIVE FOOD STAMPS BUT IM SPEAKING UP FOR THE PEOPLE ‼️

>