• Gay rights are definitely a human right.

Laws should be judged by their merit, not by some arbitrary sense of tradition or absurd belief which probably cannot be defended on a logical basis. We treat gay people with respect, what's the worst that happens? We have more people being treated decently? More diverse possibilities in our art? We stop wasting national resources to enforce pointless discrimination?

Besides, even if you are petty enough to have a legitimate problem with homosexuality, lets think hard and long about this for a moment. What's enforcing laws about them going to really do here? Back when we were being burned alive and hanged we were still having sex, so this criminalization of homosexuality wouldn't just be pointless waste of resources, but it would probably also be quite ineffective too.

Oh, and for the longest time in my country, enslaving black people was what some of you might call one of my Nation's 'values' at a time. Hmm, it's almost like vague interpretations of a nation's traditional values are nothing but shallow excuses filled with only rhetoric and no actual substance.

I find it kind of funny that out of all of Uganda's problems, it's homosexuality that they felt was most important to publicize to the world. Some 'values', huh?

• Who cares about what you do in your own bed room?

I say yes but here's the monkey wrench I get what Putin is getting at, WHY GAY PRIDE PARADES? Just an FYI this was what the news was covering as anti-gay attacks from Putin. I'm all for letting people do whatever they want in their own home but closing off streets for a gay pride parade? I'm sorry to say I'm not comfortable looking at gay pride parades too... I'm no prude but some of the things I've seen made me... How to say it gently... Annoyed. I'm sure you know what I mean when I say overtly physical.

• Being gay is normal

Being homosexual is normal just like being heterosexual, bisexual or asexual is normal. People who think that being homosexual is wrong are people who have been influenced by ignorant, self-righteous beliefs which were created by ignorant, self-righteous people thousands of years ago. I always wonder why people listen to these old text. If those people came to you today and told you that the electronics you were using "are the devil" would you listen to them or keep playing your "Call of Duty"?

• But of course

Any discrimination against people for who they are is a breach of the fundamental rights that we human beings should be bestowing upon each other. To deny a homosexual the same opportunities and privileges as a heterosexual is a clear indication of inequality and a severe breach of human rights.

• I stand with Uganda’s LGBT community. Gay Rights are human rights.

I have to talk about Uganda and how the LGBT community is being treated. In the Uganda of 2014, homophobia has become tangled up with the very question of what it means to be Ugandan, and for that the West is largely to blame.

This is not the first time that homosexuality, Christianity and Western influence have intersected to fuel anxieties about cultural identity in this part of the world. Rejecting homosexuality is now equated with protecting Ugandan values and resisting cultural manipulation from the West.

More info about Uganda:

http://www.Truthdig.Com/report/item/why_the_best_people_are_responsible_for_ugandas_worst_law_20140313

• I definitely agree.

The question doesn't even menton marriage. If we assume that gay rights extends to all possible areas-right to live in certain countries, right to pursue happiness and-but of course-the right to even be gay (which some gays don't have) then these are also inalienable rights under the US constitution. So it's really an indirectly-guaranteed right to be gay.

• Easy answer - Yes!

If the pursuit of happiness is a human right, and marriage is a pursuit of happiness, then gay marriage is a human right.

It all depends on what is considered a human right. If the pursuit of happiness is not considered a human right, then it is a privilege that cannot be rightfully stripped from an individual based on sexuality, gender, or race.

• They are human too!

The word human is in human rights. The whole LGBTQ community is human. The pursuit of happiness is in the Declaration of Independence, And if they are happy with their spouse, That is what pursuit of happiness is. Any sexuality is human, No matter what kind of person you are. The community should embrace that!

• Love is love

We all on this planet are human. Heterosexuals = human
    homosexuals = human
    pansexuals = human
    any sexuality are human. So why are we treating people different because of who they love and what gender they identify as. The bible may have said that marrige is between a man and a woman but god wants us to love each and ever person on this planet. LOVE IS LOVE NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH. No matter who you are we should except each other for who they are and not try to change them

• Gay Rights are Human Rights.

What are human rights? Human rights give us the ability to speak freely, give us the right to bear arms, freedom to practice our own religions (or no religion at all), sexual orientation, and the list continues. Where does Gay rights fit into this? A popular question circling around these days is if gay rights fits into human rights at all. The LGBTQ movement is nothing new to our society. For the past century, gay rights have always been there, it just hasn’t been until the past couple of decades that more light has been shed on the movement. We see popular movements such as LGBTQ, women’s movements, black lives matter, blue lives matter, etc. All of these movements are important and huge to the communities they are targeting. Most of all, they all are targeting basic human rights.
    Every American in our country has the ability to freely exercise their American rights written out in our Constitution. What is important in this statement is the word “every.” These Americans are our daughters, our neighbors, minority groups, religious activists, and the LGBTQ community. Like being a woman, or being black, being gay doesn’t take away these basic human rights given to us at birth as a US citizen. Being a member of a minority group still gives you human rights, and gay rights are human rights (as mentioned in an article called Clinton to the United Nations: “Gay Rights are Human Rights” https://www.amnestyusa.org/clinton-to-united-nations-gay-rights-are-human-rights/)
    Where Christianity plays into human rights and gay rights. It’s no surprise to anybody that being gay is a sin, and you’re going to go to hell if you are a sinner. It’s also no surprise that in our Constitution, we are granted the ability to practice our own religion. Our countries fundamental laws and rights were written in favor of the Christian religion, and Christianity is the most popular religion practiced in the US (75% of Americans identify as Christian http://news.gallup.com/poll/187955/percentage-christians-drifting-down-high.aspx). Author Eudgene Peterson says that he understands where the conservative Christians argue that same-sex relationships are sin (as said previously, but also in the Bible in the books of Leviticus and Romans). However, he also said many of these conservative Christians are the same ones who support a president that openly bragged and made inappropriate comments about women, that has never asked for forgiveness for these actions (https://www.Sltrib.Com/religion/global/2017/08/23/why-is-sexuality-such-a-big-deal-for-the-church/). If our churches are given the ability to practice their religion freely, our president can practice freedom of speech, why can’t gays be given this same right without it being a crime?

• Marriage is not a human right

Marriage is a option. To keep them from that option because their brain chemistry is off is not a human rights issue. Their lives are not in imminent danger, their well being is not either. They are not being forced to do anything against their will. They are not being manipulated by another being. Thus, I rest my case. However, gay marriage should be allowed because it's their choice. No one else is affected directly but them. Just so long as it isn't forced on Heterosexuals :).

• Gays only get human rights

Just like Christians and Buddhists are not specifically protected for their religion, homosexuals should not be protected specifically for what they believe in. How would you feel if I who have a sexual orientation for female legs make up Legsexual Rights and believe I should get special rights for those that are legsexual. Oh no I'm born this way.

Don't be foolish

• There a Satanic Right

If you are a Christian that supports Same-Sex Marriage I hope you heard of Adam and Eve. God created Adam them he made Eve a girl with his rib. Not Adam and Steve. Anyone who says that they're a Christian and supports Homosexuality will parash and rot in Hell!

Thanks,
    Betta

• Marriage is not a human right

Marriages and civil unions are not exactly human rights. Those are culturally and legally defined things. I believe gay people should be allowed to have civil unions, but in general, they are not a right to homosexuals or heterosexuals. Churches have a right to refuse marriage to any couple.

Besides marriage, I don't know what this argument would be about. Gay humans get the same human rights in America as non-gay humans. In other countries, public homosexual affection may be banned, which you could say is a human right, I guess

• We have to stop promoting homosexuality!

Homosexuality is simply not human nature. Anyone in the LGBTQ community should not have the same rights as heterosexuals because we are the majority. Marriage is a very sacred ritual meant for the men and women who are Normal! As society continues to accept the LGBTQ community more and more problems are being created. More people are coming out for popularity purposes and thinking that it is right, When it is clearly not!

• No it isnt

I don't know what they are going on about, no one is denying them any rights, you are entitled to Life, Liberty, and Property, they aren't being killed off except by their own poor hygiene, they aren't being locked up, and their property is not being confiscated.
    So what are they whining about? Well, democrats have been known to pick up something obviously immoral, call it a right and if someone tries to illegalize it, they get angry. Slavery for example.

>