• Gun owners are bad people.

In general, gun owners are bad people. There is no reason to buy a gun unless you intend to use it on someone. People who equate guns with power often have low self-esteem or other mental issues. There are better ways to protect yourself than owning a gun, like pepper spray.

• Gun owners are people, both good and bad.

That's a pretty wide moral brush we're painting with here. Gun owners aren't bad people on any level. Yes, some criminals who own guns would be bad, but what about the vast majority of responsible gun owners who would never do that? This is a value judgment I'm just not comfortable with anyone making.

• This is a dumb question.

Just because someone owns a gun, doesn't mean they're bad people, it just means they chose to exercise their constitutional right. Are pastors bad people because they exercise their right of religion? Is an activist a bad person because he exercises the right of free speech? No. It's all about how you affect, or don't affect other people that determines if you're a bad person.

• Cant You peeps read!

OMG read the 2 Amendment and tell me if there bad or not AMENDMENT II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The only gun owners who are bad are the ones that go out and kill there classmates and kids!

• Gun owners are not bad people

I believe that gun owners are not bad people. People have a constitutional right to own a gun. There is nothing wrong with owning a gun for hunting or just for recreation. Hunting in poverty stricken areas is very critical to put food on the table. Providing food for your family does not make you a bad person!

• Gun own ers aren't bad people

Gun owners aren't bad people. This is because of the fact that gun owners cannot be inherently bad just because they own something. Owning a gun doesn't make you a bad person. Owning a gun makes you a responsible person because of the fact that gun ownership can help protect the owner and the owner's loved ones.

• No they are not.

Although some people with guns are considered bad people, the majority of gun owners are not bad people. You can not make a general impression of all people just based off a select few who decide to do the wrong thing and not fallow the law, just as you can not judge a book by its cover.

• Oh, the fallacy of the hasty generalization

It's particularly disturbing that such a fallacy would appear on a site such as this. It's a known fact that most legal gun owners aren't bad. Saying that gun owners are bad can be equal to stating that people that own spoons are fat. It is such disturbing generalizations that fuel the efforts of the gun control advocates, who neither have rhyme or reason to their motives.

• Owning an object does not make anyone a bad person.

To argue that someone only "owns a gun in order to hurt someone" is arguably one of the most false, Close-minded, Ignorant, And disapproving arguments that I have ever heard. To answer that question straight off the bat is to say that everyone has a hobby, Whether it be bird watching or skeet shooting to each their own.

Owning a gun will never make anyone a bad person. Lack of morals, Respect, Integrity, Love, Etc. Will make someone a bad person.

• Not in general

Guns don't make a person good or bad. They are a form of power. Now, I'll be the first to admit that a bad person with a gun is quite scary and dangerous, but there are also good people with guns. And even people in between. Sadly, there are some gun owners who don't treat their weapons responsibly, but there are millions of others, such as myself, who treat them responsibly every day. I'm not a bad person because I own a gun. I suggest that we judge people based on their actions.

>