• I think that mass tourism is good

Mass tourism could earn a lot of money and we could use those money to protect nature or for the economy . Then mass tourism will help the economy groth and will help the country so I think that mass tourism is good ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• No, Absolutely not

The thing is, Nobody ever thinks about locals and how they feel. Also, As an anti globalist, This is easy for me to say but to much tourism/immigration leads to to much incoming culture all in one area which cancels out local culture. People like to say people who don't support this is racist, But people who support this/globalism seem "lost" in my opinion.

• Bad for the environment, bad for the landmarks, bad for the locals.

There are many landmarks that are being destroyed by mass tourism. The great pyramids of Giza are slowly deteriorating, not only be natural causes, but because of the massive amounts of tourists that visit every year. The ruins in Greece, such as the Parthenon and the Acropolis, are also being hurt. Machu Picchu, Stonehenge, and the Grand Mosque are also examples. When these things are completely gone and destroyed by tourism the tourist economies of the tourist locations will suffer by the loss of demand.

Locals aren't fans of tourism either. Venice is a good example of this. Many people visit the city every year, and the locals are tired of it. They even held protests to limit the number of tourists that traveled their city. Those that want peace and quiet find it impossible to do so with huge flocks of people roaming their home ground.

>