• Movies are better than books.

I like movies because they are more enjoyable and they do not take as much time. And you can see the movies with your friends. And it is a lot easier to visualize. They are just better. They are also a lot cheaper than books. Books can be very expensive.

• Haning out with friends

Social opportunities! Books can be very anti social! When watching a movie you can talk to your friends and look back at the movie and you still know what's happening. This is alot harder with books because you have to mark were your up to with your finger and you get really confused

• Easier to understand

The movies bring the book to life and it sets the scene on what the movie and the book is about. Movies go into more depth than the books do. Movies tells a story that teaches morals and life lessons about real-life situations. They can sometimes solve real world problems.

• Aesthetics and Accessibility

Movies are undoubtedly more aesthetically pleasing to watch, and assists greatly in the promotion of a book or the globalisation of a story. For example, the 'book' may have been 'better' than the movie, but the book would never have become famous if it wasn't f for the help of its promotion by the film. It also much more accessible to the general population, especially those who flinch at the sight of a book.

• Alot More Expression

In movies you can tell if a character is mad, sad, happy, drunk, and more. In books you only read words. For example: 'By the look on Christi's face, I can tell she was in love with Garry.' from I Don't Want You Go By. Movies just have that vibe everyone loves. Its more relaxing too!

• The sociable factor

You would never go out and buy sweets and get excited to sit down and read a book but with a film it is not just that you can watch the film, however it is the chat afterwards, the laughing and re-telling. You never do this with a book however a film is more sociable.

• Because i am dislexic

I am dislexic, therefore i find it very hard to read books, however movies are simple for me to understand and consume. I just tried to submit this there, but it told me i needed a minimum of fifty words, which is outragous to be frank! Like you cannot see the Hunger Games girls raw beauty through the book, well i'm assuming this, however if there is a picture book version of the book, i vote books are better than movies!

• Books are wasting paper

Movies will help us understand more about story because if your not good at reading you can watch a movies and you will understand all of the events and solution all in those films. Movies can watch with friends, family, and have fun together. If you dont know the words in the book , you have to translate it and maybe you will get lost.

• Disadvantages of books turned to be advantages of movies.

1) Books are often written in academic or difficult to understand language while a film shows all significant facts in a manner accessible to all viewers. Reading is almost always boring: some people fall asleep; some can’t imagine the given situation others prefer to go and see a movie instead of it. Also, some books are just harder to read for younger audiences, but if they see the movie they may get the idea better and enjoy the special effects, what also helps the imagination to develop. An example of this is Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books are very long and sometimes include complicated words; the movies, on the other hand, are much easier to understand and a lot of fun to watch, they are more appealing for the ears. There is a lot of music and speaking in a movie.

• Movies are better than books

I believe that movies are better than books. The first reason I believe this is so is because movies are more visually appealing. Many people do not like books because there are too many words. More people would go to see a movie instead of reading the book. Also, some books are just harder to read for younger audiences, but if they see the movie they may be able to understand it better. An example of this is Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books are very long and sometimes hard to understand; the movies, on the other hand, are much easier to understand and a lot of fun to watch.
    Movies are also more appealing for the ears. There is a lot of music and speaking in a movie. Many people enjoy the sounds of another person's voice.
    Movies also create more job opportunities. There are many different aspects with creating a movie. There is a producer, a writer, a director, actors, makeup artists, etc. At this point in time, the world needs jobs. With more jobs, the world's economy becomes better. With books, there are only a small amount of jobs per book.
    Also in movies, there are a lot of special effects. Special effects can help the mind see something better than they imagined in the first place. For example, there could be a car crash in a book, and you could just see one car crashing into another one, but, in a movie you could see one car crash into another and blow up. This just looks and sounds more exciting. Special effects help the imagination grow.

• Books Have Feelings

Films can bring whole worlds to life before our eyes, make characters into living, breathing flesh and blood, but books let you LIVE everything'
    They let you feel all of the emotions that everyone in the book is feeling if someone gets hurt, like if someone got shot in the stomach you instantly grab your stomach as you feel a sting in that area. Movies can skip important details and they cant always show you how people come to conclusions so they just say it.

• Some people have ADHD and can't read

People all over the world have ADHD and can't read and prefer watching a film I think that's a good thing 85% of people do not like reading and that is fine. As long as you get the information from somewhere it doesn't matter if it's from a film and most of the people with ADHD are younge kids. And that is why films are better than books

• Movies leave things out of books

In Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the movie total leaves out the fight between Percy and Ares at the Santa Monica beach. Also, in the book, Percy gets the 3 pearls from a neraid after he almost dies falling off the St. Louis Arch. In the movie, Luke gives Percy a map to find the pearls.

• Books have more development

I am 15 and I am an avid reader I believe that movies give us a better vocabulary and understanding of unusual words, and books have more time to develop characters and story.Movies tend to be at the longer side 3 hours long while books have an unlimited frame of how much development they can have due to the fact that if you wanted your book could be short like 20-50 page long stories, or they could be 400-any number of page long novels. In my opinion I want to relate to characters and for this to happen they need to have a lot of time put into each characters backstory in movies there is only so much time for this due to the budget, books could just increase price by about five dollars and the only price difference is that of e paper used to make books. If you extended a movie you had to pay all the actors in the scenes a lot more money along with the makeup artists, director, and other workers in the film industry. Therefore I can connect better to characters if I have read a book, but the same story as a movie I will care less because there is less development and it seems a bit fake due to the rapid changes in character. This is why I prefer books to movies.

• Nothing else to say

Book is much better than movie, because it lets you escape from the real world to you own. Movie just makes you see how cruel and consume this world is.
    Plus when children read from an early age, they are thaught to read quickly and search things in a book way much more quickly than their peers.

• I can be a hero

With books I can live as the main character- I could fight a dragon, or fight cancer, Or ride a centaur or live in an alternate reality. Unlike a film, the only limit is my imagination, Not a screen or a stage. It is a feeling that cannot be achieved with a film.

• The movie always misses something!

Whether it be a small inside joke you laughed at for five minutes in your bed at midnight or your favorite character (*cough cough* DIVERGENT *cough cough* MARLENE!) because the writers can’t fit them in or don’t find them relevant. The movies are always disappointing because they miss important details.

• The movie always misses something!

• Knowing the characters better

While reading you get to know the characters personality better and you get to know there thoughts and feelings. Take Harry Potter for example some of the characters weren't explained in the movies but in the books we got to learn more about them and the feelings that they have.

• Because it has got deeper meaning

Cause movies cant express the whole plot in that limited time and the real fun is in to live a story make characters out of our own imagination I don't know what to do about the word limit so I guess I just need to go on typing rubbish stuff

>