• I believe that movies are better than books.

The first reason I believe this is so is because movies are more visually appealing. Many people do not like books because there are too many words. More people would go to see a movie instead of reading the book. Also, some books are just harder to read for younger audiences, but if they see the movie they may be able to understand it better. An example of this is Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books are very long and sometimes hard to understand; the movies, on the other hand, are much easier to understand and a lot of fun to watch.
    Movies are also more appealing for the ears. There is a lot of music and speaking in a movie. Many people enjoy the sounds of another person's voice.
    Movies also create more job opportunities. There are many different aspects with creating a movie. There is a producer, a writer, a director, actors, makeup artists, etc. At this point in time, the world needs jobs. With more jobs, the world's economy becomes better. With books, there are only a small amount of jobs per book.
    Also in movies, there are a lot of special effects. Special effects can help the mind see something better than they imagined in the first place. For example, there could be a car crash in a book, and you could just see one car crashing into another one, but, in a movie you could see one car crash into another and blow up. This just looks and sounds more exciting. Special effects help the imagination grow.
    Going to the movies creates many social opportunities. People go on dates and friends have a lot of fun at the movies. Also you can watch movies at home and talk to your friends all you want about the movie, during said movie. Going to the movies gives people something to do while hanging out. In most cases it can spark a great conversation about the movie, which can lead to many other great conversations. When reading a book, many people can't talk to others because they will become distracted. There is not much of a social opportunity while reading a book.
    Also, in many cases it costs a lot less to go to the movies or rent or buy a movie than it does to buy a book. A book can cost up to 640 dollars. Movie tickets can cost up to 20 dollars. Also today, since technology is becoming such a huge deal, people can watch movies online for about 8 dollars a month.
    This is why I believe that movies are much better than movies. I wish you luck, and I hope you enjoy the debate.

• To the Cons: What movies are you watching?

Once Upon a Time in America, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Rushmore, these are incredible films that have everything a reader would love. With the first three, you have a complex, anti-hero protagonist that's ten times more entertaining to watch than he is to read. Rushmore is a great coming of age story, perhaps the best one ever put on film. And, if you're a more factual reader, there are documentaries that provide more visual stimulation and entertainment than a non fiction book ever can.

Yes, I understand that all filmmakers are sons of James Joyce, or Proust, or Shakespeare, or whatever literary influences they may have. For me, though, I cannot read a classic. It's not that they're boring, or hard to get through... It's rather difficult to say. I appreciate the classics and the influence they've clearly and undeniably had on all modern entertainment (be it books or films), but for the love of God, I cannot get through one.

I feel like a lot of the pro-book people have only seen mindless, boring action flicks that are just designed to make studios money. Real films that provoke thought can sometimes be hard to find, but once found, there is nothing better.

This could be because I have seen too many films to enjoy a book. When I read any description in a book, I fill that image with an image from a great film I saw. I have no imagination when it comes to novels and it's simply because my mind works that way.

It's not that I'm unimaginative; I've actually written two books in my life. I like to think I'm a very creative person. However, my influences come primarily from film. And, at the end of the day, I would much rather watch a film.

Films are not, as so many people on this forum like to say, "books for idiots," because any of those films I just mentioned are more complex than 90% of the books written today. Yes, look at modern fiction. Nameless, forgettable fiction sold at the Walmart checkout. Not every book is Hamlet, and not every film is Citizen Kane. I understand that, and I hope everyone else does, too.

Books and films go hand in hand, and a preference for one doesn't diminish a like for the other. Some people's minds respond better to visual stimulation, others to imagining what is on a page.

There Will Be Blood, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Gooodfellas, hell, even Die Hard has a wonderful element of enjoyment to it. That's something that books can only aspire to: entertainment.

Die Hard had me on the edge of my seat, engaged in the character, story, and struggles of John McClain for a whole 2 hours and 12 minutes. Gulliver's Travels? I just read it so I could say I did. Same with a million other books.

Books (novels, rather) have an indelible influence on films, but films are what the modern book aspires to.

• Movies are better than books.

Movies are better than books, I believe because reading a book is too much work and so it's hard for the younger audiences to understand what is happening. Movies are great for the family because it's in a visual version so that the audience can have fun and understand what is happening.

• The effect is greater on the Audience

Yes, in books you can get lost in your own mind. You can create your own world just by reading the books. But in movies, you truly get a stronger emotional response. You can say that is has to be a good movie to get a response, but the same goes with a book. You can look into a character and know where hes looking, see actions that could only be explained in a book as "he looked down." In a movie, a look down can have so much more emotion in them.

• Joe of pride

I believe that movies are better than books.

• Haning out with friends

Social opportunities! Books can be very anti social! When watching a movie you can talk to your friends and look back at the movie and you still know what's happening. This is alot harder with books because you have to mark were your up to with your finger and you get really confused

• Movies are more visually appealing.

I agree with that statement as movie especially in adapted version gives an amazing expression to understand the real content which the producer of the film wanted to clearly to demonstrate all specific effects of the film.Many people do not like books because there are too many words. More people would go to see a movie instead of reading the book. If we take the cartoon “Little Red Riding Hood”, we can pay our attention to such moment where the narrator showed to viewers how was execute the dance, and why the type of dance is called ‘An exotic dance’ as the producer wishes to reflect the beauty of the elements of the dance or how the hero moves during the dance, like these things. That is why all people agree that the movie is much more interesting than reading because they feel the plot of the film or cartoon. Anyway taste is differ.

• Movies are more visually appealing

I agree with that statement as movie especially in adapted version gives an amazing expression to understand the real content which the producer of the film wanted to clearly to demonstrate all specific effects of the film. Many people do not like books because there are too many words. More people would go to see a movie instead of reading the book. If we take the cartoon “Little Red Riding Hood”, we can pay our attention to such moment where the narrator showed to viewers how was execute the dance, and why the type of dance is called ‘An exotic dance’ as the producer wishes to reflect the beauty of the elements of the dance or how the hero moves during the dance, like these things. That is why all people agree that the movie is much more interesting than reading because they feel the plot of the film or cartoon. Anyway taste is differ.

• Movies are more visually appealing!

• Books Have Feelings

Films can bring whole worlds to life before our eyes, make characters into living, breathing flesh and blood, but books let you LIVE everything'
    They let you feel all of the emotions that everyone in the book is feeling if someone gets hurt, like if someone got shot in the stomach you instantly grab your stomach as you feel a sting in that area. Movies can skip important details and they cant always show you how people come to conclusions so they just say it.

• Movies leave things out of books

In Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the movie total leaves out the fight between Percy and Ares at the Santa Monica beach. Also, in the book, Percy gets the 3 pearls from a neraid after he almost dies falling off the St. Louis Arch. In the movie, Luke gives Percy a map to find the pearls.

• Books have more development

I am 15 and I am an avid reader I believe that movies give us a better vocabulary and understanding of unusual words, and books have more time to develop characters and story.Movies tend to be at the longer side 3 hours long while books have an unlimited frame of how much development they can have due to the fact that if you wanted your book could be short like 20-50 page long stories, or they could be 400-any number of page long novels. In my opinion I want to relate to characters and for this to happen they need to have a lot of time put into each characters backstory in movies there is only so much time for this due to the budget, books could just increase price by about five dollars and the only price difference is that of e paper used to make books. If you extended a movie you had to pay all the actors in the scenes a lot more money along with the makeup artists, director, and other workers in the film industry. Therefore I can connect better to characters if I have read a book, but the same story as a movie I will care less because there is less development and it seems a bit fake due to the rapid changes in character. This is why I prefer books to movies.

• Nothing else to say

Book is much better than movie, because it lets you escape from the real world to you own. Movie just makes you see how cruel and consume this world is.
    Plus when children read from an early age, they are thaught to read quickly and search things in a book way much more quickly than their peers.

• You have to actually put 2 brain cells together to read and comprehend a book.

While watching a movie you don't imagine what the character looks like or sounds like but with a book you are the characters! You live in their eyes. It will open your mind and do so much more than just broaden your vocabulary. Imagine ( this will be hard for those who think movies are better than books) that there were no books on Earth. Where would we have learned to follow our dreams, stand up for what's right, be who we are, say what we feel or even just read? Since the first television was invented people have been getting increasingly obese, lazy and scientists have even proven that our brain has reduced 10% in size in the past 100 years- so basically since we started letting machines work for us. Let e dumb it down for those of you that prefer movies- if people keep not reading then people will become fat, lazy, dumb and die.

• Books give depth

A book can be a great medium for depicting life morals in great detail. They can explain emotions, displayed out word for word, so that the reader not only experiences the emotion but understands what they are feeling. Moreover, by this description, a book can delve deeply into the story itself. While a movie merely portrays events visually and audibly, a book gives reasons, motives, emotions deep inside a character, beyond what can be seen and heard, so that the audience will not only discover What happened and How, but WHY

• Books aren't only words

Not all books are words. Comic books for example are say around 85% pictures. They too are enjoyable plus one can read and see and have a feel for what's happening. As I was reading the arguments I saw several individuals point out that books make you anti-social. It does not. One can simply join a book club for fellowship and make friends who read as well. I do believe that movies are a great source of entertainment but I also believe that movies and books can be equal.

• Book give historical events

Say you are in history class, and you have to watch a movie about the war of 18 12, and the movie says all the statistics, when in the book, you hear about all the cool stuff, and it makes you go, "huh. Never knew that. I guess somethings come in small paper packages"

• Books will always be better

There are millions of reasons why books are better than movies, but one of them is this: books unfold at their own pace, and you in turn can read at your own tempo. You can't really pause a movie every five minutes to digest the new information, and directors can't just make the movie fifty hours long, so they cut out some essential scenes, which makes them have to rewrite the plot entirely. As well, most movies shove the ninety minutes of film down your throats, and it's often very confusing and disorienting.

• Mental Health and Education

When reading, you expand your vocabulary and hone in on your focus. Not just that, reading also helps your writing skills. The phrases you pick up, the different vocabulary used by different people around the world. The different characters that you subconsciously absorb while reading. You also learn how to talk pretty. Some colleges look to see that you’re reading. Columbia and Stanford University ask you about it in your Common Application supplement along with Princeton and more. It's also one of the most relaxing things to do. Why reach for the stars, when you can reach for a book and have the stars, the sun and the moon.

Starlord616 says2020-09-08T01:36:23.537
Its not one way or the other it can be either,