• Books take long to read

So tell me, who has time go through 600 pages of a Harry Potter book? I mean people do not read anymore, and even if they do, trends in reading have changed. They prefer to read a summary or may be watching a video on the topic, but no one would be crazy enough to read a 600-page book just to know what Marauder’s Map attributes were? Time is money these days, and after such hectic schedules, people hardly get time to read.Yes there are E-Books to cover that part, but then there are still many crazy book nerds who “love to collect books”. They go crazy as soon as a book is launched. I mean, it’s better to watch a movie rather chopping of trees to publish one. Create a movie collection rather than having so much bulk paper which will rot away one day!

• Books are better

Books are better because they allow people to use their imagination to picture the characters' voices and appearance. Also reading helps improve brain power and can increase your health by keeping your brain healthy and may even make you more positive. Also with a book the author was and is not limited by money or time, they can make a book and include as many details as needed without having a problem with it being too long.

• I say yes

I think that because you got to watch it not read it. I am not saying books are a whole lot better. The only thing i really like about the books are that they give more details. Their both great but i think that movies are still better alot better

• Movies are better than books

Movies are definitely better than books because you get a richer experience than to read a book. Movies don’t take up as much time as if you red a book it could take a few days to Finnish. Also you can understand a movie better than a book. Thank you.

• Movies are better than books.

I feel this way because movies bring people together. A movie is something families or friends can do together. Movies also have music, sound, and many other aspects a book cannot provide. A movie provokes so much emotion because of the music and visual aspect. Movies are also more time sensitive. A book can take two weeks, while a movie only takes two hours.

• I know movies are better than books for many reasons.

Movies are better than books because you can actuly see what is happening and not wasting your time looking at nothing but words. You can see what everything looks like and see where the characters are at and look like insted of alot of discribeing. Witch is anoying. And more I cant think of right now

• They bring things that books don´t

They have visuals, we see emotion we see the character that you originally imagined. Now its real and everyone will see it. Books were made to share information but now we have phones. We don need books. Yes they help our mind but movies are better and not changing my mind.

• Entertaining not liability

When people start books it is a methodical ritual that I'm sure lots of people enjoy. But when coming home from school or work, you just want to relax and be entertained, and I don't think that binge-ing the Harry Potter book series all night long will achieve that level of entertainment..

• Better in everything

Movies are like books in terms of phantasize because even when you imagine all the time things, you make connections between one another you try to guess the ending, like a book. Yes you feel character's emotions and depth, with some good actor/actress even more so since you see a live person in front of you how can it not touch you? They have morals, history, all kinds of art, biographies, lookalikes to real life. A book is something you feel only, the movie though you not only feel but you see you hear you read and these are only the senses. Apart from the enormous education a movie can offer from a book, because who will read 700 pages of drugs when he just can watch 2 3 films getting real life lessons. Books are important if you want to study every aspect and go to the end because of the overanalysation but if you want to get the life lesson from a 100 or 5 people crew who have experience and with complexity give this to you watch a good movie 100 times and you still wont see the vase that it was of importance because someone put it there.

• Movies are wayyyy better than books

Movies, you can actually see what's happening where's books you have to picture in your head what is happening which is hard. And there is just too much. Movies have sound so it gives the movie atmosphere but if your reading a book again you have to picture everything in your head.

• Books Have Feelings

Films can bring whole worlds to life before our eyes, make characters into living, breathing flesh and blood, but books let you LIVE everything'
    They let you feel all of the emotions that everyone in the book is feeling if someone gets hurt, like if someone got shot in the stomach you instantly grab your stomach as you feel a sting in that area. Movies can skip important details and they cant always show you how people come to conclusions so they just say it.

• Movies leave things out of books

In Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the movie total leaves out the fight between Percy and Ares at the Santa Monica beach. Also, in the book, Percy gets the 3 pearls from a neraid after he almost dies falling off the St. Louis Arch. In the movie, Luke gives Percy a map to find the pearls.

• Books have more development

I am 15 and I am an avid reader I believe that movies give us a better vocabulary and understanding of unusual words, and books have more time to develop characters and story.Movies tend to be at the longer side 3 hours long while books have an unlimited frame of how much development they can have due to the fact that if you wanted your book could be short like 20-50 page long stories, or they could be 400-any number of page long novels. In my opinion I want to relate to characters and for this to happen they need to have a lot of time put into each characters backstory in movies there is only so much time for this due to the budget, books could just increase price by about five dollars and the only price difference is that of e paper used to make books. If you extended a movie you had to pay all the actors in the scenes a lot more money along with the makeup artists, director, and other workers in the film industry. Therefore I can connect better to characters if I have read a book, but the same story as a movie I will care less because there is less development and it seems a bit fake due to the rapid changes in character. This is why I prefer books to movies.

• Nothing else to say

Book is much better than movie, because it lets you escape from the real world to you own. Movie just makes you see how cruel and consume this world is.
    Plus when children read from an early age, they are thaught to read quickly and search things in a book way much more quickly than their peers.

• You have to actually put 2 brain cells together to read and comprehend a book.

While watching a movie you don't imagine what the character looks like or sounds like but with a book you are the characters! You live in their eyes. It will open your mind and do so much more than just broaden your vocabulary. Imagine ( this will be hard for those who think movies are better than books) that there were no books on Earth. Where would we have learned to follow our dreams, stand up for what's right, be who we are, say what we feel or even just read? Since the first television was invented people have been getting increasingly obese, lazy and scientists have even proven that our brain has reduced 10% in size in the past 100 years- so basically since we started letting machines work for us. Let e dumb it down for those of you that prefer movies- if people keep not reading then people will become fat, lazy, dumb and die.

• Books give depth

A book can be a great medium for depicting life morals in great detail. They can explain emotions, displayed out word for word, so that the reader not only experiences the emotion but understands what they are feeling. Moreover, by this description, a book can delve deeply into the story itself. While a movie merely portrays events visually and audibly, a book gives reasons, motives, emotions deep inside a character, beyond what can be seen and heard, so that the audience will not only discover What happened and How, but WHY

• Books aren't only words

Not all books are words. Comic books for example are say around 85% pictures. They too are enjoyable plus one can read and see and have a feel for what's happening. As I was reading the arguments I saw several individuals point out that books make you anti-social. It does not. One can simply join a book club for fellowship and make friends who read as well. I do believe that movies are a great source of entertainment but I also believe that movies and books can be equal.

• Book give historical events

Say you are in history class, and you have to watch a movie about the war of 18 12, and the movie says all the statistics, when in the book, you hear about all the cool stuff, and it makes you go, "huh. Never knew that. I guess somethings come in small paper packages"

• Books will always be better

There are millions of reasons why books are better than movies, but one of them is this: books unfold at their own pace, and you in turn can read at your own tempo. You can't really pause a movie every five minutes to digest the new information, and directors can't just make the movie fifty hours long, so they cut out some essential scenes, which makes them have to rewrite the plot entirely. As well, most movies shove the ninety minutes of film down your throats, and it's often very confusing and disorienting.

• Mental Health and Education

When reading, you expand your vocabulary and hone in on your focus. Not just that, reading also helps your writing skills. The phrases you pick up, the different vocabulary used by different people around the world. The different characters that you subconsciously absorb while reading. You also learn how to talk pretty. Some colleges look to see that you’re reading. Columbia and Stanford University ask you about it in your Common Application supplement along with Princeton and more. It's also one of the most relaxing things to do. Why reach for the stars, when you can reach for a book and have the stars, the sun and the moon.

Starlord616 says2020-09-08T01:36:23.537
Its not one way or the other it can be either,