• A sense of belonging

A nuclear family is always the best option. While having aunts and uncles can be great for things like getting together during the holidays I believe the other times should be meant for the the parents and their child or children. It gives the children a very strong sense of where they fit in and it also shows them the strength of that family. That saying about too many cooks in the kitchen is true when it comes to raising children. More is definitely not always better in fact most of the time it's worse. You very rarely can see success out of these families. Most of the time it is everybody scraping by. The child or children will have a better sense of their own identity if extended family such as aunts and uncles aren't regularly in their life. These people should never be cut out however speaking on the phone and seeing each other regularly are two completely different things that can mean the difference between a well-rounded child or one that grows up not understanding their sense of self. And the worst part is that the cycle can easily continue. They may start having children and throwing them into the brood. We are no longer tribal people then have to work in a group of many people in order to survive. Those days have long been gone and we're only done out of necessity not because they were good

• It Matters for development.

The influence of both a Mother and a Father on a child's development can not be over stated. Each provides an important role in what that child learns through the different stages of their young life. It's a support structure and a model for then to follow in their adult life. Not that these family structures don't have problems, but in general, it is the best chance to produce happy successful adults.

• Better in principle

Most of the arguments in the negative are examples of poor nuclear families in particular. The ‘unstable’ nuclear family is not an intrinsic property of nuclear families and can occur in other family structures just as easily.

In principle, children are born into nuclear families - in fact, this family model is the only one that is capable of producing children, and parents are biologically primed to take care of their own. Both mother and father provide unique benefits to children that no other alternative provides.

• Yes it is.

A nuclear family teaches the children that marriage is important, and a nuclear family can save a child from the awkwardness of having to chose sides. This helps the child feel secure and it helps them to fell better about them self. You can obviously see that a nuclear family is better than as blended family.

• My Opinion and The Facts That Support It

In a nuclear family children have two parents that help support the entire family. In a blended family the child has one biological parent and a step-parent or just a single parent. Having both parents can make you statistically less likely to have teen pregnancies and things like that. A nuclear family is obviously the best choice.

• Nuclear Families Created Western Civilization

Having a family that is child centered is the best thing for a child. That is why children from nuclear families are the most successful. Those who do not see the necessity in nuclear family are probably single, less financially secure or probably did not grow up in a child-center family. Extended family is great for farming the land and having someone watch over your estate and socializing. Other then that they didn't really fit in, they compete with the cild for attention and resources. And the parents don't really think for themselves as they often look to the elders for answers, thus creating less ingenuity. One of the many reasons inventions come from children of nuclear families. In conclusion, keep the nuclear family together and ask your boss for more money. Your upset about the financial part of family caring and that is because we live in a cruel capitalist society, do not take it out on the kid.

• More financial support

Peoffjfchrhcfhjhhhhhhhhhhhhrjhrjjh h h h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h h h hh h hh h h h h h h h hh h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h hh h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h

• Nuclear families are better

I think a lot of people don't want to support the idea that nuclear families are better because they feel that in doing so they are attacking all non-traditional families. I can see their point but I think it's important to bear in mind that we'd all be better off if every child could be raised by their natural parents, even if that differs from the practical reality. It's not about saying other types of families are bad, it's just about accepting the benefits of a nuclear family, doing what we can to support the idea and not just give it up because people have an irrational hatred of it.

• Nuclear families have got more freedom

Because, when there are more members in a family (aunt, uncle, grand ma, grand pa, more brothers and sisters), they try to beat each other. If someone get a valuable opportunity then other members get jealous. These days we can't share everything which we have got. Then others naturally get angry with others and try to make big problem.

• An atmosphere for children

Nuclear families give children an atmosphere and children can be more well behaved. The major drawback of extended family is that there is very less privacy and fights are likely to breakout between two people. Ex: mother-in-law with daughter-in-law) This is why I prefer nuclear families over extended families.
    Sources: personal experience

• A child of nuclear, then divorce, then blended - listen up

As a child i went through the nuclear family with a mum a dad a brother and a pet, we had good days and bad. At the end of it all my parents were no longer happy together so they got divorced. I am now in a blended family with a step father and 3 step sisters. My father is still in the picture so to all those saying that blended is bad because the child has a 'lesser' parental stance in their life isnt always the case, because now ive got more parents? And theyre all cool as. I recieved support from both types of families growing up and i am a complete functioning stable adult. I think that being in a blended family has taught me more and opened me up more. I found that throughout school i was actually happier than most kids who had 'nuclear' families because my parents had the guts to separate and find someone new rather than staying in it for the children. If thats what youre doing, please dont because your kids feel the strain of your marriage too.
    Warm regards,
    a happy blended child :)

• In my opinion extend family is better .

I say that because i have a nuclear family and it is no fun without my grand parents , cousins , and aunts. When i go to india where all my uncles , aunts , cousins and grand perents , are there it is very fun. I always play with my cousins it is very fun. Thankyou

• They aren't as good as you would expect.

Yes, a nuclear family looks perfect. But that doesn't mean that other types of family could give the same type of love. Not everyone needs to do what others wants us to be like. We have the right be our selves. Lets say that there is a family with two gays acting as parents and an adopted daughter. Those men could possibly have no clue how to take car of a child, or they could be as supportive as nuclear parents and have no problems at all. In my opinion, i think that we all don't need to be who we were forced to be. If you want to be transgender, then express it, if you are divorced, think positively, if you alone, find company and become a beautiful family. You don't need to be related to give love are create love. Expand that thought of giving a cozy home to others. I hope that people would consider how great families other that the neutral ones can be

• Nuclear families aren't as good as you think

• Nuclear families aren't always the best.

Yes, a nuclear family looks perfect. But that doesn't mean that other types of family could give the same type of love. Not everyone needs to do what others wants us to be like. We have the right be our selves. Lets say that there is a family with two gays acting as parents and an adopted daughter. Those men could possibly have no clue how to take car of a child, or they could be as supportive as nuclear parents and have no problems at all. In my opinion, i think that we all don't need to be who we were forced to be. If you want to be transgender, then express it, if you are divorced, think positively, if you alone, find company and become a beautiful family. You don't need to be related to give love are create love. Expand that thought of giving a cozy home to others. I hope that people would consider how great families other that the neutral ones can be. Thank you if you read this... : )

• How does it matter

Just because you have a nuclear family, it doesn't mean its better. I mean, if a nuclear family has parents that are abusive its bad for the children. But if a blended family has responsible adults, its best for the children. What I'm trying to say is that it don't matter what family you're from as long as you all get along and support each other. No family is better than the other

• Nuclear families are stereotypes and selfish

Who would, in the right mind, leave his/her parents alone when they are old? The nuclear family is a stereotype presented to us by media, but we cannot leave our loved ones in the time of need, or else, the same need may befall us with not a soul to share the burden! You give what you get. An interdependent set of relatives is better than an unstable nuclear family, resulting in divorces etc, thus i consider a constant support of relatives to be helpful to everyone.

• Joint families are better than nuclear families in my opinion

There is more support in a joint family by other members of the family in times of crisis. Children learn ti adjust and cooperate with different people in the family, which will definitely help them when they grow up as you wont always get your privacy in life. This decreases the gap between the old and the young. Children learn more about their culture and heritage in a joint family and thus, are more aware about their family history.

• No, there are good and bad in all kinds of families.

A nuclear family as depicted in story books is great, the mom and dad and a couple of kids all pretty much getting along. But as one who has experienced childhood abuse, I know that is not always the case. And there are single mom households, gay households, adoptive relative households that do a great job.

• It's different for everyone.

Family is a broad term and is not equal to everyone in every culture. The idea of a married man and woman with children is ideal is absurd. A family that is supportive of each other and works for the benefit of all is the best. Be it a gay couple with kids or a Foster home who looks out for children who no one else will.

Anonymous says2013-07-05T00:34:37.800
If I could choose I would prefer live with an extended family. I really reckon that people on these families might have the chances to deal with different personalities and also have the opportunity to have more relatives to support and help them when necessary. Besides, I would have more company and I would gain some important characteristics for my life. I might learn, for example, how to share things, how to being more tolerant, more comprehensive and respectful with the other, not just with my siblings, but with the whole people that I have more contact. Although live in a nuclear family has some advantages, live in an extended family would bring to me an enriching experience that I may not have If I just live with my mother, father and brothers/sisters.
>