Are parents these days too protective of their children?

• Parents are to over protective

When i was a kid we had monkey bars 10 feet up but one if one person falls of they take it down...People learn from their mistakes like if u fall off u say okay im not doing that again but u cant if parents dont let u do anything

• Their overprotectiveness has ruined my life

My parents are so overprotective, It came to this point where I might as well give up. My mother ruined my experience with my first crush, I was at a party and was talking to him and she pulled me away and told me she didn't like the boy; and that he only wants one thing- sex. I was only 12! I had to sit outside and I was miserable, My crush found me and sat down next to me; I had to push him away so my mom couldn't further hurt either of us. I had hurt him and myself, He never looked at me again.

• Parents are too over proactive

I agree with the statement above because over protective parents restricted their children from growing up and learning life skill that they may need later on in life. 90 % of social workers agree with the statement as well because it is a proved fact that children who have over protective parents are more likely to resell against their parent later on in life

• Yes! Parents are Overprotective!

Coming from a 12 year old, Yeah, Kids can do some really dumb stuff when they have too much freedom, But that doesn't give parents the right to take away most of it. Kids feel cornered and watched when you take away too much. Given the amount of crime in the world doesn't mean that every stranger you see is a bad person. Out of 325.

• Way too overprotective!

My parents won't allow me to play the games I desire and plus those games are very appropriate etc Fortnite. My parents have installed this app called Family Zone it is complete shit though because it doesn't allow kid-friendly stuff and YouTubers like Pewdiepie who doesn't swear. They also block most songs like NF and Christian songs. . . And they only allow like Kidz Bop crap. They also won't allow you to go hang out with your friends by yourself. And also they also won't allow me to have my own phone and I'm 13!

• Parents Are Over-protective

Parents think about well-being of children, Of course. Every parent thinks that, Even a 1700's parent. But now, Instead of just being protective of their children, Parents are being over-protective. Many children aren't able to learn crucial life lessons needed to live a successful life. Maturity comes through what the child experiences in their crucial age of teenager age. But many children aren't given the opportunity to experience frustration, Pressure, Stress. Children are overly being dependent on parents and teachers. "Learning by doing" is learning essential things by making mistakes. But now, When children aren't even allowed make mistakes, How can they learn?

• Too over protective

Parents are not protective ENOUGH This is a point that is kind of in the middle. I think that parents are being over-protective of their kids in stupid situations, like not letting them stay out until after dinner time. But then they are being totally unaware of the REAL dangers out there, such as cyber-bullying on social media. They let their kids use phones with internet from a very young age, thinking that this will distract them from wanting to go outside, when in reality, the kid is getting upset because he/she is being bullied online. Honestly, I think the parents are panicking a little bit, and just need to calm down, and think ahead to their child's future, and base their decisions off THAT, instead of the rumoured dangers of the real world.
    Report Post
    Like Reply

• Too over protective

Report Post
    Like Reply

• Too over protective

Report Post
    Like Reply

• Too over protective

Report Post
    Like Reply

• Parents are not overprotective

The number of kidnappings doubled between the years 2011 and 2015 so its understandable why parents may feel the need to protect their child. While some may argue that a child should be given a mobile phone to communicate, A parent may feel like they're giving more protection not doing this. Also parents may want their children to experience a childhood the same as their own

• Parents are not strict enough to even control their children to learn right from wrong- stupidity

Most children now days don't even care if they get grounded or if they get a good job or even if they want to pass their education. By the time they are older they will still not understand the importance of the main attributes of life and probably just get involved in criminal activity and just be bankrupt.

• Parents are TOO OVERPROTECTIVE

Parents who are overly protective affect the children of parents that have the right level of protection. Parents are taking away all the fun of being a child. Children are allowed to get hurt that is how they learn if something is safe or not, not by having their parents take it away from them. As a person who is considered a child I believe that some parents are to over protective, I have protective parents but they don't affect the other children unless they are in danger. There are parents who ruin the childhood of not only their children but other children.

• Parents are not protective ENOUGH

This is a point that is kind of in the middle. I think that parents are being over-protective of their kids in stupid situations, like not letting them stay out until after dinner time. But then they are being totally unaware of the REAL dangers out there, such as cyber-bullying on social media. They let their kids use phones with internet from a very young age, thinking that this will distract them from wanting to go outside, when in reality, the kid is getting upset because he/she is being bullied online. Honestly, I think the parents are panicking a little bit, and just need to calm down, and think ahead to their child's future, and base their decisions off THAT, instead of the rumoured dangers of the real world.

• Parents are not protective ENOUGH

• Children are not over protected

Most children are aloud to go out to play till 8 o clock . If nothing has happened to then in the past then it is unlikely that anything is going to them now . If you live in a gated community you SHOULD NOT be worried no-one is going to come in . Another point when a child is 10 or over they should have a phone or a Walkie talkie with them so you can be sure they are safe at all times .

• The society is not so good as before

Parents are not so protective they are giving their children samsung young and samsung galaxy phones connected with internet.This is not right they are not seeing how their children are getting spoiled sitting in front of internet.Giving cell phones to them at a very young age is not at all right.

• Not at All

No, parents these days are not too protective of their children. If anything they are not protective enough. There are so many dangers today that did not exist a few years ago. The Internet is a blessing, but it also puts our youngsters at risk. Predators seem to be everywhere. There are so many stories in the news about abductions that end up sad and ugly beyond belief. Children are too naïve and innocent to protect themselves so it is our job as parents to protect them.

• The world really is a more dangerous place.

I think the world is about as dangerous now as it has ever been. I think that parents have more information about potential dangers, due to increased media availability. I also think that dangers change over time.

Cavemen worried about their kids being eaten by wild animals. I almost never worry about that now. But, I do worry about them being hit by cars. So, I spend more time teaching them how to be safe around cars than I do teaching them how to be safe around wild animals.

• The world is dangerous

Parents need to protect their children. It seems like there are more and more things parents need to worry about: crime, terrorism, new drugs, strange diseases, and so on. The internet is a great tool for education, but it can also expose children to corrupting influences that they should stay away from. Parents are protective because they need to be in this day and age.

>