Are police more dangerous to the public than criminals?

• Those who have the power to corrupt and get away with it.

When people are in a position of power they also have the option to abuse it. I'm a witness to this very corruption. Police were called to my street for a gang fight amoung minors. A family member of mine tells me to call the police, I do. (At this point im going to call her Jenna.) Jenna goes outside on her own property and tells the minors "Go home, the police will be here shortly." Jenna notices broken pipe on property, goes to throw it in the trash (she had her hand on the lid at the curb). Two male cops have their hands ON their weapons, yelling @ Jenna to drop the weapon. Jenna complies and drops it on the floor beside her. Both cops proceed to arrest Jenna and she does not resist. One cop repeatedly kicks Jenna several times with steel toe boots below the knees while her left hand is rung by him behind her back (he continues to kick). At the same time the other cop is pulling her arm back and in the air. She screams "YOUR BREAKING MY ARM." Cop on the left puts his right leg in front of Jenna's left leg to trip her (Mind you she has not once resisted. These cops did not coordinate what they were doing.) She loses her center of balance and they all fall. First the cops knee makes contact with the floor then Jenna's chest with the full weight of both cops on top of her. They get the handcuffs on her, take her to Jail and I show up at the hearing to get the charges. The charged her with 1 count of Obstruction ($10,000) and 2 counts of Assault against a police officer ($5000 x2). So Jenna ends up with $20k against her and possibly 20 years in prison because the police officers lied in the police report saying that Jenna hit them with a pipe. There were 3 witnesses that saw the whole thing including myself that could prove that the officers were lying and that Jenna was fully Compliant. Jenna gets a lawyer and after 2 years the County drops the charges in the hopes that she does not sue them for police brutality, emotional & physical damage, as well as corrupting her good name. She served in the military for over 17 years and is an upstanding citizen. And after all she's been through she continues to be a great role model.

• Generally speaking, yes

Alot of the so called criminals are really not that much of a threat. They are a nusance and do harm society, but it is those with power who abuse it that are the true threat, and in capitalist countries, the police are used to uphold the laws that were made by the corporations, and do not represent the interests of the common person. I have seen numerous amounts of times how cops will assault someone, and then accuse the victim of assaulting the cop. Not only are they corrupt, and hurt people, but they try to twist the story around.

• The Police are just a legalized street gang.

They do whatever they want with no regard to human or civil rights. They think they can run rufshod over all of us without any recourse of action. It's time we stand up to them and their government supported abuse of American citizens! People need to fight back against them, If they want to attack a citizen 5 on 1, Then let's attack them back 10 on 1. Make them understand we will NOT lay down to their abuse of power anymore! If it means taking the law into our own hands, Then fine, That's what we need to do! Fuck the Police and this corrupt ass government! WE THE PEOPLE need to take this country back before this shit gets too far out of hand. . . . Or has it already?

• Police in america

Police in america are worse than the criminals because they have the same amount of weaponry but also they have the ability to blame the use of violence on the victim. The police department are not all bad some of the police officers don't do anything wrong though. Also take a look at to kill a mockingbird how one in powered man (bob ewell) can distory the life of a innocent man ( tom Robinson ) just because of his class, Colour and power.

• Yes they are

Bullies and power hungry. If you are not careful they will hurt you and the courts will always side with them. You do not have the same rights as them. Be very careful around them and don't expect to be treated kindly or fair. All I can say is good luck; you are going to need it.

• Yes they are

• Yes they are

• Yes they are

• Yes they are

• They don't want to solve crimes.

On my way home from work, I noticed a company truck parked on private property. Someone pulled up beside it, Opened it up and started taking the contents and putting them in their car. THE TRUCK WAS STOLEN! I called the police and they came to the scene. They did not want the license plate number of the other vehicle, Nor did they want me to identify him.

• Who ya gonna call?

Very simple answer. The next time you are being victimized by a policeman, call a criminal for help. How long would you have to wait (what is the criminal's response time? Perhaps the question itself is flawed. In my area of the country, with a population of 2.5 million there have been perhaps 1200 murders in the last 5 years and less than 3 on them were committed by policemen.

• No, absolutely not.

This is not even something to think about, as far as i'm concern criminal comes from the public, so if you want to be safe you better respect law, yes they too are human, and all human make mistakes, we should give those man and women credit for dealing with dangerous people,

i'll rather have a hard law then weak one.

• Cops over Criminals

Cops aren't more dangerous to the general public. They are only dangerous to those who they feel are a threat. Cops have saved countless lives. How many live have criminals saved? If police are dangerous then are you guys saying that we need to get rid of police? This will only increase crime rates and make it so that we don't have anyone to go to when we are in trouble. It isn't fair to scapegoat the police for not being able to be everywhere and stop all criminals.

• Action without consequence

The federal mafia is one of the most organized crime syndicate in existence. They don't *own* cops and politicians, they *are* cops and politicians. Huge difference. The first thing an aspiring cop tends to learn, should they want to actually protect and serve, is that they picked the wrong job.
    The biggest difference between a cop and a common criminal is that the cop has legal protection to misbehave as he pleases. That makes the cop far more dangerous. It's a difference between action with- or without consequence. The latter makes it easy to feel you can abuse your position and get away with almost anything.

• What is wrong with you people?

You seriously think cops are worse than criminals? There are a lot more awful things that criminals do than what SOME cops do. We seriously need to get the image that "all cops are criminals" out of the masses' heads. They aren't all bad people. I guess we should call criminals when we need to help us from now on then. So stupid.

• What is wrong with you people?

>