• Porn comes from the ancient Greek porne meaning prostitute

Nothing has changed. The ancient Greeks did not have modern technology, That's all. But there have always been voyeurs and scopophiliacs that love watching prostitutes (of all classes) sell themselves to random men / women in exchange for gold and drachmae. And these voyeurs or peeping Toms have always had to pay for the privilege. Now however we have cameras and crews to record the proceedings. Makes things a lot easier. But the watchers of acts performed by prostitutes (or flute players - a euphemism for prostitutes) are still there, And still paying. Just check out the literature on ancient Greek prostitution and the famous and rich courtesans who profited.

• Funny how weak people have become

"A pornstar is not a prostitute bcoz they are paid to do a job and that helps them pay their bills. " Guess what? Prostitutes are also paid to do a job and that helps them pay their bills.

Its like saying a sharpshooter is not a murderer because they are paid to do a job and that helps them pay their bills. They are merely professionals. Funny how people saying "no" employ logic

• Why the mere technicality of "actor" doesn't stick

Think about real hookers. What are they paid for? To "act" like they love and enjoy the person paying them? This "acting" facade is just another leftist coverup to corrupt democratic societies. You can add technicalities everywhere and will end up being unable to differentiate between good and evil.
    But what do some good old villains say? "There is no good/evil, Only power". Sounds familiar? Thats where the leftist brainwashing media and universities are taking our societies.
    In the end, If u take money to provide sexual pleasure to anyone, U are a prostitute. And thats that

• Sex work is sex work

If you have sex and get paid of it you are a prostitute. The meaning of the work itself. So, If a hollywood actress also have sex in a movie for money the Is she a prostitute? Yes, A prostitute with audience. Not get me wrong, Nothing bad about it. Just to confirm if you get paid for having sex then it is sex work.

• Yes they are

The definition of a prostitute is a man or woman who is paid for sex. This isn’t reserved to paying to have sex with you. Then being paid for having sex with people fits the description of a prostitute. This is illegal in most US states and I don’t see why they’re allowed to do what they do and become such huge names in pop culture.

• Obviously yes it is

The coping mechanisms from the people saying no are hilarious. I think the amount of people saying yes speaks for itself. If you do porn for free, You're not a whore. If you get paid to have sex with another man, Regardless if that man isn't the one that paid you, Then you're a whore. Plain and simple (but apparently not to some people).

• They prostitute a lot MORE than prostitutes. Yet many weak minded people rationalize in the most ridiculous ways.

For example they say the most ridiculous things in an attempt to rationalize in highly fallacious ways, Such as 'they are PROFESSIONAL sex workers'. We can just expand the 'definition' and say that if you rob a bank instead of mugging people, You are a PROFESSIONAL thief. Or if you scammed a million people instead of a dozen, Now you are a PROFESSIONAL scammer. Most people think that if you don't make it a profession, There's something wrong with it, But if you do make it a 'profession', Then all a sudden, Wow, You are like a renowed concert pianist! Ridiculous! You hear such preposterous 'arguments' everywhere by every half baked individual. As regard porn 'stars', It's almost like saying, If you engage in prostitution behind closed doors, One might question if this sort of 'lifestyle' is objectionable in any ways, But if you will do not only the most lurid and sordid acts, Even though they are not illegal, For example you do a bukkake movie, Then you are a PROFESSIONAL, That is to say, What an achievement of distinction as an expert in your field? They even get OSCARS. Ha ha. Ridiculous. For one thing, Prostitutes and sex workers will not just do anything you want, Even if you pay them, For example in Soho they are quite strict about what they do and what they don't. You have to wear a condom. But porn 'stars' and sex 'actresses' and 'actors'? They will pretty much do almost anything, No matter how lurid and dirty, As long as it's not illegal and it sells. Prostitutes and sex workers don't often display their activities to the public, They generally keep to themselves. But sex 'actresses' and 'actors' (such rationalizing and preposterous titles, These people live in self-deception) they seem to even be PROUD of what they do. They go around as if they had just made movies with Warner Bros and captured the heart of hundreds of thousands of people with their dazzling 'performances'. I have always asked myself, How can you be a sex 'actress' and 'actor' and not think what your parents or your sons are going to think if they will see a 'movie' that's pretty much sickening? There's nothing wrong with sex, But the truth is that these self-defined 'actresses' and 'actors' are just fooling themselves, Not the rest of us. They almost know no limits. They give into what after all are lowly instincts, Even the animal world will not just engage in any sexual activities, They mostly do it to reproduce. I mean, After all it's just sex. And I don't fool myself into thinking it's more than it really is. But these people like a life of self deception, They think that having a lurid and sordid audience to watch your lurid and sordid acts, It's a sign of distinction. It's not. It only means one is lurid and the other worse. To conclude, Most sex workers are actually professional, And the 'stars' are NOT.

• Porn stars are professional prostitutes.

The only difference is that there is a camera and company involved which somehow suddenly makes it legal. Porn companies are like corporate pimps protected by the law. Men and women are both prostitutes being paid to have sex with each other for the world to watch. Now people don't have to walk up to prostitutes on the street anymore, They can just click on a link being advertised by the corporate pimps.

• Porn is prostitution, But, First and foremost, Moronic, Ridiculous.

I'm not a porn expert, But have looked at some porn sites, Recently, To try and determine what all the hype is about, This after reading an article on the billions plowed into porn. I'd not pay for any of it, On principle, Don't like contributing clicks, But, Looking at the free stuff, It's, In the main, Outright, Wall-to-wall moronic whoring. (I also read a real business article where they most all are whores, As most can't make enough money from video clips. A lot of the porn is to try and promote their “escort” businesses. )

The sex is raunchy, The, As if, Constant orgasming, From the moment penetrated, Is fake, The language like you'd hear in some brothel, All saying the same, Cheap lines, While faking continuous orgasms, The players just immoral, Fakey cretin people, Dumb as stumps. The videos are so ridiculous, Clones. Blow the guy, Then in and out, On bottom then top. Tits bouncing, Then doggy. . . Next video, Blow the guy, Then in and out, On bottom then top. Tits bouncing, Then doggy. . . Next video, Switch it up a bit, Blow the guy, Then straight to doggy. . . But next, Back blow the guy, Then in and out, On bottom then top. Tits bouncing, Then doggy. . . And all frantic, Like copulating animals. It gets to where it really is like watching a bunch of strange, Hideous farm animals or such, Of a limited behavior set, That have no concept of human relations, With their seat of consciousness in their crotch area, Grunting and groaning like drunken pigs, As if something in their lives went terribly wrong at some point and they fell into regression, Simply from being normal, Intelligent, Dignified and sensitive human beings.

The point? It's all gutter level, Straight from Street Hoes 101 fake, Gutter level prostitute schtick. If it walks like a duck, Quacks like a duck, And has sex like a duck, It's a duck, Or a whore.

Pornography is damned stupid and ridiculous, Further evidence the idiocy that the people taking part in these videos have no shame making such fools of themselves, Even branding themselves, For life, Such that nobody is going to want to give them a good job in many walks, In the real human community, Ever. They must be the dregs of society, And I was reading they're more and more getting into outright perversion, Pushing the envelope to try and make more money, Sadism, Incest, Simulated pedophilia, Stuff that's even damned criminal in character, I believe could be stuff so very low a lot of actual street whores would not engage in it.

Lastly, They are having sex for money. This isn't rocket science. And think about this. If you have to ask if it's prostitution, There's your answer, In the first place.

• Sex for money is prostitution

Prostitution is the act of attain money by having sex. Pornstars also get their money from sex, Although they do not get paid throguh the person they are having sex with, They are still gaining money. By venue the form of pornography it gains the certain website that the pornstar works for money. As a result, The pornstar gets paid. In technical terms this makes pornstars prostitution because they fall under the category of gaining money through sexual acts.

• Maybe I'm a porn star.

Doesn't mean I sell sex to random strangers. I actually am in fact a porn star but I wouldn't consider myself a prostitute, sure I have sex on camera with people I don't know very well but that doesn't mean that I believe that the government has any say of what I do with my body so no, Porn stars are not prostitutes. We work. We get paid for our JOB to pay bills and taxes and be just like every one else.

• Pornography is an art. You wouldn't call Angelina Jolie a whore for acting in sex scenes in her films...

When I think of prostitution I think of something illegal, but apparently the definition of prostitution is simply being paid for sexual activity. Meanwhile sexual activity is very broad and at this point I find it necessary to consider the motive, intent, purpose in the sexual activity. The creation of an art form, certainly at least under legal circumstances, should not be compared to something illegal when the entire process from start to finish is completely different, safety regulations are in place and payroll checks are involved.

• No, they are getting paid to do a job.

A porn star is paid to do a job. The fact that I may not be able to do it, does not mean I have the right to tell them they can't. Men and women alike are in that industry. They have a job to do, they get paid for it. They are having sex on camera for entertainment. Everyone has to pay the bills, that is just how they choose to do it. It is sex between consenting adults, to produce a product that will not only entertain the masses, but provide for them as well. Prostitution is illegal, this is not. It may be something many do not agree with, but ultimately, the porn stars have bills to pay too.

I think that over all, the biggest issue that most people have, is that they would not be able to do it. The moral aspect of what they do, is not something many can accept. I have known a few who have done it, and they have fun with what they do. They are people just like you and I. They are comfortable with what they do, so who am I to say they can't or look down on them for how they choose to earn a living?

Society has hang ups about sex in general. We are conditioned to accept one man or one woman. If you are a blended relationship that is Poly. It would meet with equal resistance because it is something out of the norm. If you have a night out with the fella's and meet two or three women, what is the difference? If this were a guy, he would be a stud, if this were a woman, she would not be looked upon as fairly. That being said, one could also make the argument, that marriage is legal prostitution. Many people marry for money, love, status, who knows, but it happens every day. Who is the bad guy now? Is it any better because she has the piece of paper? No, she or he just chooses to hide in the closet and be the "perfect wife" under the guise of the money or the status. It's all in how you see it. Porn stars get paid at the end of the day, it's legal, and professional. No problem from where I sit.

• Two different Jobs

No, it’s like saying “Is a bank manager a bank director?” because you’re comparing two different jobs in the same field that in many aspects have the same results: Running a bank or getting people off, to take two examples. It’s two different ways of doing it, not the same job.

• Pornography is not Prostitution

Is pornography considered prostitution? There are many arguments that do indeed offer this suggestion. However, there are in many ways, clear distinctions between prostitution and pornography. The most evident distinction is “Porn stars are paid to act (really); prostitutes are paid for sex” (Tsai 1). These distinctions will support the argument that pornography is not prostitution. The following three areas presented below provide factual and suggestive detail that pornography is not prostitution. The basis for this position discusses the legal, artistic and constitutional reasons that support this argument. Have a look individually at each of these areas.
    Prostitution is illegal in most of the United States. In the states that it is illegal, prostitution is punishable by imprisonment and fines. “People who wish to engage in active prostitution, complain that is shouldn’t be a crime, because it’s victimless” (Rauch 1). Victimless in which both parties consent and no one gets hurt. Statistics prove that is far from the truth. Prostitutes are often victims of violent physical abuse and are murdered in their line of work.
    Pornography does not violate any law as long as the individuals being filmed are of legal adult age. The actors in pornographic films are having sex for the sole purpose of being filmed. Unlike prostitutes, these people are acting and do not fall under the law of prostitution. Take for example an actor on television or in the movies whom is portraying a role as a drug dealer. This actor is dealing drugs for the camera and not actually doing this in real life; otherwise, if caught they would be prosecuted for drug dealing. Therefore, from a legal perspective, why should a porn star that is making a film be prosecuted for prostitution? In fact, no porn actor has been arrested for ‘doing their job’.

The Constitution’s First Amendment protects the filming and distribution of pornography. The process of filming and distributing pornography is considered protected speech that cannot be prosecuted under law. On the other hand, the Constitution does not protect in any way prostitution. Sherry Colb states in her article published in CNN, “the sex act is a legally significant event” (2). For example, you can get prosecuted for rape if sex occurs without consent or commit adultery if a married person has sex with someone other than your spouse. However, the First Amendment backups pornography, so how could pornography be considered criminal? It is not considered criminal because it is protected by the First Amendment.

• No, it's a legal talent, however immoral.

I couldn't ever do it but some people are good at sex and enjoy it, and decide to make an art form out of it to show the public what they do on camera. It is not prostitution because it is relatively cleaner and significantly safer. The presence of camera or crew is not what makes it legal it has much more to do with all the mandatory consent forms and regularly getting tested that's required. Lol prostitution is not only dirty as far STDs, violent in a non role play sense but it's also dangerous because often times the people receiving money become property. Porn stars are paid by the studios that hired both them and other actors don't recieve payment from the person they are having sex with directly. Not to mention it's planned and coordinated and not randomly done on the streets with Pervy strangers. Sex on camera for money may have started out in a illegal way or as unconcentual human trafficking but there's no way production companies who risk their butts by not adhering to all the regulations in place now. Lastly as far the morality of practicing such illicit acts today well... You don't have to watch it. Protest it yourself but don't go all feminist or Catholic priest on everyone because of your stand alone. Some married couples enjoy porngraphy to experiment and get things flirty while others see it as a way of abstaining from hooking or Whoring themselves out to every attractive person for free. I for one don't judge slutty people because it's a form of confidence and entertainment but also if not deterred by safe, legal, and concentual sex the risk runs high of it becoming a disease, birth rate, abortion, or bullying epidemic. I just refuse to do it myself but mad respect to porn stars for not caring about all the weird people watching them although they may never find work else where at least they are happy with their current job. Oh and trust me for some performers don't do it for the money lol.

• Legally, no, in which case a moral judgment is irrelevant.

According to Black's Law Dictionary:
    "the act or practice of a woman who permits any man who will pay her price to have sexual intercourse with her"
    The porn actor does neither permit "any" man, nor does she receive payment from the man, with whom she is having sexual intercourse. So, it is not even a close call.

• No, It's a show

The majority of porn stars don't get paid every-time, and some would do scenes for fun.

A prostitute usually has a set fee provided for different services, or an hourly rate, if they are bottom feeders then they just do it for a quick buck.

A cup is any of a variety of drink ware used to consume food or beverage.
    Since I can put candy snacks in my socks, put them on the counter then consume it later, then its safe to deduct socks are cups.
    That's the logic I read to from the yes side. They get this therefore this. But if I walk up to a restaurant and I get my food placed in a sock it would be unacceptable.
    While some my utilize the small article of clothing for food consumption, it was never the design intent.

A "porn star" is obviously someone who is performing a show. Intercourse and having sex are not required to be a porn star. You can Argue that oral sex counts, but not everyone is hardcore.

Even if they all were, they have different intentions, prostitution usually is combined with desperation, drugs, under age children, sex trafficking. While porn is monitored and regulated.

Primary Intent is different so they are different, forget recording. I doubt there are prostitutes that say "I want to become famous and have everyone know what I do." Obviously, since there is some shady business going on somewhere, and its all about the money ,or drugs. Otherwise why wouldn't they just become porn stars.

Prostitute, the Latin word it comes from, translates into "put up for sale" aka selling the person, but the men and the women BOTH get paid normally, especially in the case of a "Star" so therefore no, they are different.

Not all socks are cups, not all porn stars are hookers, does not mean none are, or they would never do it, but it does not define them as a whole, it's on an individual human level, even a doctor could be one secretly.

• Camera is the keyword

Porn stars always work in front of camera and with the movie crew. I presume the scenes/positions are decided beforehand and in most cases are not natural. Porn stars I believe also have much greater degree of freedom with their partner as compared to prostitutes. It is much easier for a porn star to say NO as compared to a prostitute. These two factors are very important and is what separates the two.

• A technical facade that protects all of us.

At the heart of this debate is a technical distinction. It's a fine one, but an important one, as it is a branch that grows from the same tree as the one that allows us to hold an open discussion in a forum such as this.

Fundamentally, we are allowed pure freedom of expression. If I want to have sex with another consenting person, put it on film and then sell it, that is my right. You don't need to buy it, watch it, or come into contact at all with it - and if you do, you have a right to be offended. However, you do not have a right to stop me, unless you can find solid legal foundation for doing so.

Now, this technicality. The point is that porn stars are NOT paid to have sex - not officially, anyway. They are paid to appear on camera, as characters in a film. The sex is incidental to the operation - that is simply an element of the film that the actors need to perform. Now, the whole world knows that the actors are just there to have sex for the entertainment for others, but you cannot PROVE that. The actors could argue that they wanted to have sex and would have been having sex even if they weren't getting paid.

The other protection for porn stars from this accusation is the distinction of "sex". In mainstream films, many actors participate in "scenes of a sexual nature" which are used to arouse the audience. Rarely do these involve penetrative acts (although there are some exceptions), however, is simulating sex for money grossly different from actually engaging in it?

Skikx says2013-11-10T18:29:49.027
While one can debate, whether porn stars get paid for having sex or for putting on a show, I'd like to add, that "prostitute" can also be defined in a different way. Namely, "a person who offers his talent or work for unworthy purposes". So depending on what one finds worthy, almost everybody can be considered being a prostitute.