• Disney princesses, especially the modern ones are brave, independent, and strong. Not to mention many other brilliant characteristics as well.

Many parents only see them needing their princes and wearing ballgowns that perfectly fit their tiny waistline, but that's not what they should focus on. If parents focused on character and how to support their child and encourage a good personality, then there would be a lot more happy children out there. Not only for being able to see their favorite characters but by also having a good personality themselves; one that is positive about themselves and others.

• They teach girls to have courage and hope

I can't name one Disney Princess who hasn't courageous or strong. Cinderella and Snow were abused since they were little. Aurora had to wake up to the thought of ruling a kingdom. Ariel had the courage to pursue her dream of being a human. Belle and Mulan were willing to sacrifice themselves for their fathers. Jasmine said no to arranged marriage. Pocahontas stopped a war. Tiana opened a business on her own. Rapunzel lived her dream. Merida fought for her own hand. Each princess showed courage and kindness through ought their films. However, they are all different from one another. They have different personalities, characteristics, flaws and strengths. Tiana's flaw was that she worked too hard and didn't actually enjoy life. Her strength was that she never gave up on her dream and worked towards it. Ariel was brave but rebellious. Rapunzel was naive but positive.
    It is also worth mentioning that with the exception of Snow and Aurora, none of the princesses looked for a prince, they just met them along the way. Cinderella wanted to escape her reality and did so herself by working hard (why do you think the FairyGodmother came? What you give is what you get). Ariel wanted to be a human and gave up her fins to do so. Also, she didn't do it because of Eric, SHE WANTED TO BE HUMAN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE FILM. Rapunzel wanted to escape her tower and she did so.
    Also, some princesses saved their prince. Examples: Pocahontas (and stopped a war in the process), Mulan (and saved China while doing so), Rapunzel, Belle (he turned back into a human because she changed him so it counts), Ariel (in one occasion).
    Also worth mentioning, not all princesses ended up with the guy. Merida, Moana and (some people say she counts) Elsa didn't even have a man to start with. Pocahontas could've gone with John but she chose her people instead. Mulan ended up friends with Shang at the end of the first movie.
    Princesses teach kids to be themselves no matter what people think of you, to be brave, to break stereotypes (before anyone says anything, Mulan and Merida) and, most importantly, to never give up and to have hope.

• Almost non of the princesses were looking for a man!

Tell me that Snow White of Aurora were looking for a man, I won't argue back. But the rest? No. All princesses have a 'I want' song where they state what they want and by the end of the movie, they get it. Snow's and Aurora's was kind of asking for a man, I'll admit that. Cinderella on the other hand, NEVER wished for a man. Never in 'A dream is a wish your heart makes' did she say "I want a man". And if you are going to tell me that she isn't strong yet she got through years of abuse by her own family... The same goes for the rest. Ariel's I want song was about being a human NOT ABOUT A MAN. Belle wanted adventure. Jasmine wanted for her father to stop trying to get her to marry. And the list goes on. And when did the princesses sit around and did nothing? Ariel saved her man on the last fight. Pocahontas stopped a war. Mulan saved China. Merida fought for her own hand. Tiana got her restaurant on her own (if you watch the ending carefully, she bought it with her own money she worked hard for). Yes, they all had a happy ending but that's kind of the whole point of a fairytale; to give little girls hope. Something this world could use a huge dose of... Oh, and if you say that princesses didn't break up with their princes, take a look at Pocahontas' sequel because she found a new love interest and broke up with John Smith (not necessarily like that movie, but it serves to make a point).

• .... Jbh h

....B v gg ffg j b gjbbbmn n bnbnb nnb hv t tu yf f gv t i v ftt tttttttttttttt t tttttttttt y uy f f jhgg g hg h g hg h h hh h h h ffffffffffffffff fdsmfnmna kkfn lkkkkk erue ihaifh ihfjehdfie iegeh ugebj iwehr ihrhej jed....

• The movies don't really teach that

Disney did say in the movie Aladdin that all pretty girls have to be skinny or with an hour glass figure. Jasmine does have one but she has so many other good characteristics that make her a great role model. I think the reason Disney keeps the earlier princesses around is to show how the movies have changed with the role of women over time. The Disney Princesses show the girls they be anything. Most eating disorders come around teenage years where girls have low self-esteem. Young girls our confident and expressive because of Disney Princesses. In teenage years they are surrounded with real life barbie dolls on magazines and in pop culture. The Disney Princesses are CARTOONS I'm pretty sure the girls know that. We want our girls to take with them their morals. Also not every princess is passive and is a damsel in distress. Once you get past The first 4 the princesses get by on their own and find love because they want it not because they need it for safety. Merida doesn't need a prince and neither does your daughter. Yes they teach girls to be mature. That's a good thing Instead of making fun of the new girl with different colored hair at school they welcome her. Many critics make false claims that are inaccurate from the movies.

• Brave and Honest. That's what princesses are.

Your girl wants to be Merida; only without the 'dress up' part.That's good! Your teaching your daughter to be adventurous, nice, caring, and honest .Disney's Frozen showed that girls DON'T NEED a man to save the day! It's a very good concept.Standing up for yourself is also a great concept talked about in Disney movies.

• Bad rolmodels chjde

Young girls are giving false hopes about the world that they live in.From The Little Mermaid all you have ton do is give up all the people that care about your well being just so you can get the perfect guy.From Aladdin Jasmine has that perfect hourglass figure that every girl dreams about having

• Times are changing

Disney have been producing princesses since the 1930s which means that society has changed. For example Snow white being one of the first is portrayed as Petit sweet and talented but needs a man to help because of realities opinion on women. Now in 21st century, Frozen has shown girls examples of heroism and how a man is not needed to save the woman, and therefore breaking from the fairytale tradition.

• Times are changing

• Yes, princesses teach girls important values

They teach them to support family, be kind to less fortunate, and to get a good education. Yes they make look unrealistic, but the values they teach are more important than looks they have. They teach girls to follow their dreams and reach for there goals. They teach true love and individuality

• No, They need male savior and rely on their beauty.

They are dependent. Don't have the will to fight their hardships on their own. Why Cinderella never fought her stepmother and stepsisters herself? What if the fairy godmother never came? And why again a male savior? They are anti-feministic and are not good role models.
    Superheroines from DC and Marvel are.
    Just read this article
    https://simpleexplainations. Blogspot. Com/2018/09/why-disney-princesses-are-not-perfect. Html

• Bad stereotypes for girld

Princesses teach girls that they need a man to "save them," without showing them they they are powerful themselves. They are expected to be perfect and fall in love with the perfect man instead of what she wants to achieve herself. They should not look up to them as they grow.

• Disney princesses teach children rebellion and witchcraft

So, every Disney princesses movie, shows that if protagonist does not obey her parents and does the exact opposite of what she is told to do, she will get what she wants. Now I understand, that sometimes your parents are wrong, but still rebellion is not an answer. And if you disagree with me, show me at least one point in the history, where rebellion does not create suffering. Now lets talk about witchcraft, which is all over the place in Disney princesses movies. Why do children need this?! Witchcraft is very dark and dangerous practice, why is this in the kids movies?! And, again - if you disagree with me, show me at least one point in the history, where whichcraft does not create suffering.

• Young girls think they need to look like that.

I feel that when I was a little girl I was always jealous of how pretty and skinny the princesses and queens were. I know for a fact that other little girls felt/feel that way because I have talked about it with my friends and we all agree that even though the princesses teach you to be honest and brave, they also make you want to be like them, look like them, etc.

• Wrong expectations/bad role models

I disagree with having princesses be role models. I'm fine with heroines such as "Brave", etc. But I feel glamorizing "princesses" tells young girls they should strive to be princesses, which is not a reality. Elena of Avalor and Sophia the First portray a class system - clearly showing the benefits and resources of being royalty. I'm not saying 6 or 7 year old girls should be exposed to the harshness of the real world, but they also should not feel there is an option to be a princess. I think it sets them up for disappointment. ("you mean I can't marry into a royal family" or "there's no chance my mommy will marry a king?"). Push the strong female role models but ditch the princess nonsense.

• Wrong expectations/bad role models

• Princesses need some workshops on real princesses that live in reality because thy're real; Disney princesses are not.

The princesses that consume every thought, action, and waking moment of a child's day is slowly choking the self esteem they have. These princesses teach that, yes, you need to fight for what you believe in and prove your side of things; they teach that you should stick through the tough and rough times and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but they only show these teachings if the get to look beautiful and prefect while doing them. These princesses teach that being the smallest girl in the room, having fair, clear skin, and having the most exquisite dresses are going to get you places. They teach you that no matter what, there's always a happy ending at the end of ever single story, and that your prince charming will always come just at the right moment...And that there will always be a prince charming!
    In today's world, the real princesses who run/rule countries affairs and travel the world for world peace don't have perfect skin, make-up, and teeth; they don't have exquisite dresses all the time; they don't have the happy ending to every single story their lives have written. These women fight for what they believe in and stand through the tough and rough while being imperfect because they are human beings; human beings who were meant to be imperfect. They didn't find their prince charming by needing a rescue, or by eating a poisoned apple, they found their prince charming by being themselves, not trying to mimic something that isn't even real!

• They are very stereotypical

They don't have a princess that is bald for cancer all of them are beautiful. Another thing is that they are turning little girls into little women because they all the princesses are super mature and that makes all the little girls want to be really mature as a result of this.

• Bad rolmodels chjde

• They teach girls to give up life and wait for a man

All what a girl should care about is to look good enough to marry a rich charming man .. They dont really discuss any thing that is reality or help them to look better for the future .. I feel upset when a prince choose his wife from slipper this is insulting

>