• It's becoming more and more obvious.

It's becoming more and more obvious that pro sports are rigged; specifically North American sports leagues. There's simply too much money involved. Most pro sports rely on some sort of story as entertainment, And it's common in the NFL for star players to win the Super Bowl during their last season. As a matter of fact, The NFL is the masters as this. When do they NOT have something controversial happening? It's all about ratings and money. You won't get a lot of ratings if two "smaller" teams make it to the Super Bowl, No, They need at least one of the "top 10" teams in the game.

• Absolutely it is

It’s getting worse too. I’m officially done with sports gambling. If you don’t think sports is rigged, You obviously haven’t watched enough games. If you think I’m a crazy conspiracy theorist, You’re what’s wrong with the world. People are too lazy to do their own research and while we’re at it, The earth is absolutely flat too

• The government get a kickback -

It's a circle jerk! Its A wishing well! No it's. Donald Trump! Who wins the mega millions Everytime it's hit I think the same person keeps hitting it along with the Powerball. ! Because. There has been many jack pots paid out millions and millions of dollars to the public. Do you know anyone who hit it yet? I don't and eithier does anyone I know and I know a lot of people - so. Where's the $$ going? You are funding communisim sports players getting paid millions. Not to play sports they did that for fun their whole life's they get paid to keep their mouths shut put on a act. Do a TD dance when your down by 21. What a joke tough guy do more steroids. Talk your trash and get schooled by berry Sanders. He walked away for a reason! He was distant for a reason! All these articles make sense here I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this garbage. Poor Americans! Fake sell outs. Tom Brady is the Hulk Hogan of the NFL. Embezzlement remembering the days when they tried to emerge the NFL with the wwf yes the public can't see when a player isn't putting 100% into the sport a fg kickerisses on purpose so easily rehearsed in billion dollar stadiums where the public is not allowed until they're ready to take your money and feed you 15. 00 hot dogs to watch a fake game the dolphins can't rebuild a team over 30 years but. Other teams rebuild 3-4 times or more in that period of time yes something don't add up. ! And Vegas can call point spreads about as good as a green beret can shoot a still target. Sorry in reality nobody's that good I've been watching faithfully over 30 years and can't do it as well as these scumbags while they count their bets up they know by the end of the first qtr. What needs to happen by the end of the game and to keep spectators interested. While the rake in billions

• Only for the money

From time to time you see a truly good game but majority of the time it's a blow out first half, An attempt at a comeback then magically a "breakdown" by the other team. To make it legit they need to do without tablets and shit on the sidelines. Obviously scripted for entertainment but some is just ridiculous

• Bad officiating or rigged

Either all officials in all leagues are incompetent or sports are rigged. The extent to which the games are manipulated is the only question in my mind. All sports fans know at this point that the rules are different for the star players. The problem is that one bad strike call will basically end an at-bat. A bad “incomplete pass” call ends a postseason, Sorry Raiders. Kings vs. Lakers. . . . . Period. The ALDS and ALCS was clearly in the favor of the Tigers to the point where instant replay was brought in the next year. Look, I get that officials are people but all players are good nowadays. The frustration comes from games consistently being decided by bad calls.

• Enthusiast former sceptic

Despite the rare confirmed instances of professional sports outcome manipulation I remained optimistic in support of the true spirit of sportsmanship particularly here in the United States. I believed the culture and competitiveness was a rudimentary element to the american spirit as evidenced by it's popularity and eventual cultural bridges. The economy factor is astronomical. As a baby boomer I have impassioned myself to many a sport related spectacle. My personal experience is limited only to the highschool level,
    however sufficient to comprehend the concepts of comradarie and humiliation. Ive engaged jubilantly with total strangers over a single moments outcome. I have been brought to tears over my favorite teams failure. Perhaps naieve no more. Despite the Human factor element both on player and official / umpire / referee, I have wittnessed too many overt inconsistentcys and manipulations. Furthermore I now consider the spectacle of professional sports, . The spectacle of entertainment. Consequently when the economic impact is considered. I have little doubt that the manipulation of sports outcomes to maximize the economic gain is and perhaps always was the paramount modus operandi.

• If rigged is also considered calls, Penalties, And replay bias. Yes.

Basketball is the sport that can be manipulated the most. Followed by NFL and MLB.

Basketball can be influenced with fouls and can turn a 3-1 game lead in the playoffs into an epic come from behind Finals Championship by making calls at one end of the court while ignoring the same call on the opposite end.
    Its in the best interest of NBA to have games go 7 games for more revenue total revenue.
    It's also in the best interest of the NBA to have the most popular teams playing in the Finals. Notice the last few years?
    A few early fouls could hurt a teams best offensive player, Effectively taking him out of the game.

NFL has holding on every snap. It depends on whether the referee's choose to ignore it or call it.

JJ Watt, Before his 2 injury riddled seasons, Was held a large amount of times. Without calls. Just google some images. . . Arms around his neck as he is fighting through blocks, Beating his "opponents". Plural.
    It happens many times to many other players. Depends on what the referee's want to call. Don't you think that would change some outcomes in a game?

A multi-billion dollar industry can't have Chiefs and the Panthers playing in the Super Bowl. Not when you have Brady and Rodgers slinging the ball around the field.

MLB. Home plate umpires are the catalyst in every game. Showtrack does a great job of being more consistent in calling balls and strikes than an Umpire that gives the low and outside corner of the plate to Chris Sale, While not making the same call going up against a pitcher of a lesser caliber.

What about when that strike zone suddenly shrinks in the 9th inning when New York is playing against, Say, Pittsburgh Pirates in a 1 run game with the Yankee's down.

Let's go ahead and point to Jose Altuve sliding under the tag of Leon in the Boston game for a series sweep. Oh its an out.

Reviews? Why is it always going through New York to make the call? Can't we have a neutral sight? It sure looks pretty biased.

What about NFL catches being ruled complete and incomplete due to "lack of visual" evidence, When fans on both sides of the ball KNOW the call is pretty obvious.

Yes. Games are rigged, Subtly. They do just enough for the unwanted team to have to overcome disadvantages that favorites don't.

• Yes they are. That Includes NHL, Soccer as well.

I could gave you just an example of the 2018 World Cup as a great example of how its rigged. "Swiss vs Serbia" how does one player when being interviewed by a news oragaztion know that their team is going to win a day before the match? Its because rigged to favor that team for either of these points. 1.Political point. 2.Favoring a major super power political sphere in this case. "West/Swiss agaisnt Serbs/Slavic"

Another example on how professional sports have become rigged is just look NHL. Its always the American team winning right? A shame really.

Maybe American National Hockey players should be tested for doping.

• Of course this shit is.

You ever watch a basketball game and no team scores for 2 minutes then all of a sudden theres no defense and the teams score ten points in 1 minute all layups to end the half. That way the 2h spread is lined up exactly with the full game. So they can take more money from people. Or baseball when theres an under or over total runs and someones on 2nd base and theres a basehit and somehow he doesnt score and stays at third then the next two batters strike out and the game magically stays under. Or when vegas needs an over and the pitcher magically walks back to back batters to lead off the inning which puts runners into scoring position without even getting a hit. YES SPORTS ARE RIGGED. ITS ALL ONE BIG SCRIPT.

• Some are rigged but hard to prove extent. If you include cheating to win (e.G. Steroids, Epogen), then it is rampant.

Huge money is at stake, hundreds of billions globally, which is a huge temptation. People traffic drugs & children so why is sports rigging hard to believe? Actual proven scandals: 1919 Black Sox, Pete Rose, NASCAR Sprint Cup, 2006 Toledo college football fix, 2012 Olympic boxing fix....(there are more). BBC also revealed possible Wimbledon tennis betting scheme involving mafia syndicates. I don't believe every game is fixed but it is very possible to bribe/threaten key figures (players, referees, umpires) to make critical mistakes at critical times; especially in more subjective sports like baseball (strike zone) & football (ball placement affecting downs). Remember, it's all about improving your odds if you bet. It's also strange that some cities win sports titles after a tragedy (e.G. Yankees-Mets WS after 9/11, Astros win first WS after hurricane, Redsox win WS after Boston bombing, Saints win first Super Bowl after Katrina. Could be coincidence but it sure helps pour in money to stricken areas; at least that would be for a good cause.

• Where's Your Proof?

No, I think it is highly unlikely that professional team sports are rigged (the WWE being an individual sport which is obviously an admitted exception). Some teams certainly get an unfair advantage if they come from bigger cities with larger fan bases, because they have more money to pay players and elite staff (coaches, general managers, etc), but that's hardly the same as pre-determining or cajoling the outcome of a game. The logistics of doing such a thing are unfathomable.

In any instance, the onus is on the people saying that it is rigged to prove it. Do you have documents from league officials, sponsors, or players? Can you prove a motive? Oddly, when you inquire about this kind of information, the people start to get a lot less confident in their claims. Most of the people come up with circumstantial evidence or their gut feelings. They work like any conspiracy theorist.

• No, they are not

Anyone who thinks anything like this isn't considering just how difficult it would be arrange such a thing with team sports. Too many people would have to be in on the conspiracy for it to possibly be kept secret. As in anything, there are some unlikely outcomes, but the games are hardly rigged.

• They Aren't Rigged

Professional sports are not rigged. I refuse to believe they are. There is so much money thrown into professional sports and it would be stupid to fix the, Also, the consequences of people finding out that a sport is rigged is brutal. Fans might walk away from the sport all together.

• No

Professional sports are not rigged because if the outcome was already decided before the game was played, what would be the point of even watching or debating about sports? All of these sports shows would cease to exist and there would be so much money lost by sports teams that sports wouldnt be profitable.

• Too hard to do, but rig may not be the correct term (perhaps favor?)

It's happened a few times, yet let's just consider how difficult it would be to rig a sports game (especially in the NBA). So many points are played out in the NBA and so many downs are played in the NFL. To rig a game would be INCREDIBLY difficult, not to mention that players would have to act the part too. If player's purposely let somebody score, it wouldn't be too hard to tell. Let's also consider the fact that there are THOUSANDS of professional athletes, somebody has to be the whistleblower. Some players would definitely become upset that they aren't getting their share of money while other players are becoming multi millionaires from an act. Now the counter to that would be the NFL is a billion dollar industry, they can easily dish out money to different athletes. Well, it's not that simple. Teams are already maxing out their salary caps, and then some players get endorsement deals which are worth tens of millions of dollars. Also if professional sports really are rigged, why haven't players like Tim Tebow and Jeremy Lin won championships yet? Occasionally you'll have the underdog story come true, but it doesn't happen very often. During "Tebow mania" Remember, there was a time where TIM TEBOW had the top selling jersey in the NFL. If the NFL really is rigged, why didn't we get to see him for another week? This all being said, there is no way I can say that professional sports leagues are not rigged at all. Obviously, commissioners can make a push for refs to favor a team during a game, or not make certain calls. But like I said before, consider just the amount of people involved in these leagues.

• It is impossible for Professional sports to be rigged

If you are trying to tell me that that thousands of professional athletes would work their whole lives to get into a league where they cannot define their own success, You are crazy. If I made it into the NBA and in my first game was told that I had to lose the game, I would quit right there. The players have more respect for the game than to let the outcome be controlled by people outside of the sport.

• Why would they do that

Why would they get paid them so much just for them to act. They get paid tons of money and look at Stephen Curry since he was in high school he has been working so hard and so if it were rigged he would have no reason to practice. This just proves that it is not true.

• They are not f**king rigged

Stop being stupid y’all. What’s next, 9/11 was an inside job? The earth is flat? Y’all fools are wannabe conspiracy theorists. All y’all videos on YouTube don’t prove shit. NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL ain’t rigged. I shouldn’t have to say that but some peeps are just complete idiots. Seriously, get a f**king life. Respect for the 20% who aren't dumbasses and actually pressed no.

• People r dumb

RESPONCES
    Kobe 60 thing- hes not a machine
    CLE 3-1 comeback - GSW have larger fanbase money would have them win
    MVPs r not fan voting
    Too much of a controversy if caught
    Simply its impractical and bad business to rig the games.
    Why did Jordan leave for two years,
    Why did the Mavericks beat the Heat
    Both of these would have been bother with other result
    Also refs are people they cant always see the right call

• What about wrestling

Wrestling is a profesional sport and I garuntee yoiu the put in a lot more effort and dont fake same with basket ball why would they have a basket ball olympic team and are you really going to say football does it because they are real too freaking jesus christ

>