• No Creativity in students

Some students like to express themselves through what they where. But some schools take away that option, and take away creativity. My mom is always saying you need to be more creative... It is kind of hard to express my creativity when my school takes my only chance to show off my creativity.

• It is a good idea as:

Firstly, if a child goes on a school trip without uniform then they could get lost in the crowd if it is very crowded. At least if they are in uniform they would be distinctive in a crowd and would stand out in a cowd but not with the school.
    Secondly, if someone would have the latest designer clothes then they would feel left out and like they didn't belong.
    Thirdly, everyone is equal so no one will feel left out
    Finally, if people represent a school without a uniform policy then it would look silly as they would not not be in uniform thus not being able to win for the school.

• No school uniform

It does not let students express themselves.

No, I don't believe that wearing uniforms to school is a good idea. I use to wear a uniform to school and it made school less exciting for me. Before I use to be excited on what to wear the next day. Then help my friends out and give them feed back on all their accessories. I also use to get excited seeing this cute outfit and getting to show my friends the next day. After the uniform policy it was weird seeing people wearing the same thing as me everyday and it made me feel less encouraged to come to school. Another reason to oppose is that some people that agreed with the uniforms think that it makes it easier to for people that are struggling with money to have a uniform policy. But really uniforms cost money, my mom even stated 'that the cost is high for uniforms'. So really it is almost cheaper for them to buy descent lower priced clothes than uniforms.

• They are awesome

Uniforms are a huge advertisement for the school. When you are wearing a uniform, you are representing the school. For example, you go out for lunch or you are taking the bus or subway, the way you act is representing the school on your behalf. Uniforms show a form excellence, and discipline, the way the students act can reflect on how others see the school. I feel students have a sense of responsibility when they leave the school, because of the uniform.

• I totally agree.

I really feel that uniforms are a good idea. They bring uniformity in the students. After wearing uniforms no child will be able to boast and make snide comments on children who might not be well to do. When all the children wear uniforms each and every student holds the same position in the class.

• Uniforms improve many facets of school life.

Uniforms improve security in schools as teachers and staff can quickly see who should and who should not be on school grounds. Uniforms create equality among students, so students are judged by what they do and say and not by what they wear and how much money they have. Uniforms can also be designed to improve safety in other ways by ensuring that every child is wearing clothing that is sun safe, appropriate for the weather and non-provocative. Uniforms promote a sense of school pride and belonging as well as giving the school an identity in the community. Uniforms improve students' focus. If a student looks like a student and feels like a student, he is more likely to act like a student.

• Yes requiring student to wear uniforms is an excellent idea.

Having a standard school uniform and requiring student to wear is a excellent idea. It helps to eliminate clothing as a status symbol in the student body and reduce bullying because student will no longer be able to target less affluent students for not wearing the "sickest gear."

In the educational environment of schools students not have "right of freedom of expression." They are in school for the purpose of learning, not social posturing.

• Yes it is a good idea

Because it creates equality in the school and makes the school representative and well as the students. It makes it easier for the teachers to see who belongs to our school and who doesnt as well as easier for outsiders to see that our uniform makes our school look great

• Equality in schools

Wearing school uniforms gives a chance to those less fortunate to be on the same level as those more fortunate. It also keeps children smart and good looking for school. It helps them focus on working hard instead of working hard to impress with their trendy clothes. It helps discipline the children too.

• Booo ya, I like dem

School Uniforms in High Schools

I think that schools should wear uniforms. Not all schools, high schools for sure. There are many reasons why schools should wear uniforms and I think that uniforms are a ‘no brainer’.

School uniforms help out a lot for safety purposes. In high school, you may have teens try to enter a different school as a joke, or to cause trouble with other students. Intruders are very easy to pick out of a crowd if everyone is wearing the same thing. Uniforms make schools safer.

Brand names as you know are very popular and cost a lot. Students that wear a uniform everyday are never centered out for not wearing ‘cool clothes’ or the right brands. Uniforms help reduce bullying.

Students in high school are old enough to get a job. People complain that the uniform is too expensive, but in reality it's not. You could buy 7 different outfits to re-wear and wash for a regular week at school. If your high school happens to have a uniform, you only really need to buy a few shirts and a few pairs of pants. Uniforms save buying excess clothing.

In elementary school, students have recess and play outside. If they had to wear a uniform, they would grow out of it quickly and ruin it with stains and dirt. Almost all the students in high school are done growing, they don’t have recess and they definitely don’t roll in the dirt outside. Uniforms would last in high school.

Many students, especially girls, take a very long time to get ready in the morning. I know that I take a very long time getting dressed. Uniforms would make it much easier to get dressed because there are not quite as many options. I am sure boys take a little bit of time to get dressed too. Uniforms definitely help with the clothes conflict,

You may find with uniforms there are way less dress code violations. Students that wear uniforms feel more professional and don’t disobey the dress code nearly as much as a student that wears regular clothes. It is also proven that a student dressed in a uniform feels more professional, therefore taking school more seriously.

Sitting in a class, always worrying that your clothes are on right, fidgeting with frilly shirts, skirts, etc. Your clothing can make it very, very hard to concentrate.

• Listen Up Yo

Alright so first of all we all know uniforms suck.BIG TIME! You know why?! They can be SUPER uncomfortable and we cant wear what we want! Think of how awful the school would be if girls couldn't wear yoga pants. They would go on a riot! We would have to ban girls. Think if boys couldn't wear shorts. WE would hurt so much!!!!!!!!!!!

• It does not let students express themselves.

• No, it's not a good idea.

No, I do not believe school uniforms are a good idea. We should promote individuality with children instead of conformity. Kids need to be able to dress how they want to, adhering to a list of school dress codes of course. However, it's important to a child's personality to dress how they wish.

• Freedom of Expression

This is an obvious violation of constitutional rights. What is the point of having a freedom of expression rule if you are forced to wear clothes. Kids who have less responsibilities become low income, low class Americans. That equals job loss and equals poverty. Then america has to spend more money on welfare. All because school districts enforced uniforms in school.

• Uniforms are not a good idea.

In some schools, they not allowed to express themselves. They are sent to the office and written up just for wearing colorful hair scarves, bows, and etc. They should be allowed to wear what they want to wear and not get in trouble for it. So, they should be allowed to wear regular clothes.

• We have our own clothes we want to wear

We have our won clothes that express who we are. I buy clothe based on what I like, and I guarantee that I don't like school uniforms. Its not like im going to wear them anywhere other then school so whats the point in spending a ton of money on clothes I cant wear out of school

• It cause fighting

People from different schools can fight because maybe one of the schools has expensive uniform and the other on cheap ones. Children can still wear like expensive coats on the winter or expensive accessories or use expensive perfumes so it does not make any big diference. So i don't think uniforms are good.

• In between but more on the no side.

I really don't care about school uniforms, but if they are to be worn, they should be more of a spirit-wear and only be worn on certain days. If they are to be worn every day, it won't show the student's likes or dislikes. It also makes the school look more bland and "normal"

• It eliminates individuality!

Having everyone wear the exact same thing eliminates one big way kids express themselves. Being able to wear clothes you want is how lots of people express themselves, and having uniforms would stop that. Also, it would be boring if everyone looked exactly the same. Having a rule that everyone must dress the same can impact young children especially, and cause them to think that anyone looking or being different. Also, when I had to wear uniforms, it cost my family MORE money, since we had to buy uniforms as well as clothes for out of school.

• We have a free country

We have to rights to dress we want ! You have the rights to dress how you want. Imagine if you were to wear the same thing over and over . Everywhere you go at school wears uniforms. It gives a sense of equality and erases obsession to wear the latest trends.

>