• Wasn't it always?

One of the differences is that it's actually cheaper to keep people in prison than it is to keep children in school.
    In America you can hardly call it "learning" anymore, it's just memorization. Thinking for yourself is barely able to make its way into the classroom. The only time that happens is when teachers decide to go against the curriculum to actually teach their students something (I've had a lot of personal experiences like this.) Not to mention that what they teach us isn't even accurate.
    Lot's of things about Christopher Columbus are told that isn't actually true, and plenty of early American history is told inaccurately.
    I even saw a news story where they were trying to change the AP U.S. curriculum to make it more pro-American (aka remove all the bad parts.)
    http://www.Newsweek.Com/revised-ap-history-standards-will-emphasize-american-exceptionalism-358210
    Also in my school they've installed alarms on the doors so we can only exit through the front and one of the side entrances (is this much security necessary?)
    I've even heard that prison food is more nutritious than school food.
    So yeah...

• Yes, school isn't about education anymore, its about learning to accept restrictions and follow orders

Like a prison, schools heavily restrict student,s freedom ( uniforms, no phone policies, zero tolerance policies, no going to the bathroom during school time, police and security etc). Schools also teach student,s to shut up, do as their told and not complain. Just like a prison, school staff dont care about students. (they are just there for the money)

• The two have very similar rules and implications.

Both have schedules that need to be followed. Students can't leave at their own will and prisoners can't leave at their own will. Both students and prisoners get crappy cafeteria food. Both have to follow a dress code. Both get negative reinforcement. Prisoners have to work and students also have to do work. Both prison and school are depressing. Also, Teachers need to know where you are and what you are doing at all times. This is the same with prison. Therefore, School is prison.

• You can't do anything you like.

You can never really be yourself at school. They restrict your clothing, Which means you can't dress like you want to, Just like in a prison. They also give you punishments, Even if it's not your fault, Just like a prison. If you get in big trouble, You go to the principals office, Which is basically the isolation chamber.

• You can't do anything you like.

• Where is our freedom?

Think about this. If there is traffic and we are late to school (something we can't help right? ) Well we are punished and if it happens often if you live in a busy city then you might have to redo that school year. I just love it don't you? And we can only get out of school if a parents let you and if your having a bad day then you can't call because teachers take away your phone and you can't tell a teacher because they won't belive you! Its so dumb!

• School is prison for kids.

In school we have a principal who is like the warden, And we have staff which is like security. We don't have any freedom on what we learn or how we learn. We have to follow orders given to us, And if we don't we suffer the consequences. Get written up and our parents called, Go to detention during lunch or after school, Get suspended for a number of days, And at worst get expelled. We have to show up or we get in trouble with law. It is required for us to be in this environment. Sometimes its to difficult for me to show up at school because I Have depression and anxiety. Its not fair to me and other people like me that we have to deal with every bit of stress school brings me and my peers. I come because i have no choice, And i do well because i wanna make my parents proud. Its unfair i have no freedom throughout my day considering all the stuff i have to go through to be here.

• The teachers are like officers in prison

The teachers tend to watch over the students by walking around the seats that they're in.

I'm an actual High school students and I must admit, They EVEN installed LanSchool Student which is basically spyware.

If you wanna know how I feel about this, It's basically spooky and weird and Knowing that, You can't get any privacy at ALL, It's kind of scary.

• It's fact. School is slavery for millions of people all around the world

Have you ever wondered how school and jail is related. I started going to school at 3 years old. Ever since then, I have seen people get brainwashed. To piss me off even more, the fact that you are required to go to a hellbuilding you never wanted to go. This violates the 8th us amendment. It says, "no cruel or unusual pinishment." Staff just want 💰. I feel bad for kids all over the world. This applies in almost every nation! School is a labor camp. If you do not register for school, your parents or you could be jailed! This is unfair. I would only like school if it lets people be who they are. I want to be a pilot. How will a project on greek mythology help? What will the population of a fox do for me? I want everyone to read this!!

• School is to long.

Students spend 9 out of 12 months every year for 12 years and it's 8 hours a day. Teenager's are supposed to have 9 hours of sleep. So students get 7 hours of free time before subtracting the amount of time they have to spend doing homework and projects. Kids end up spending more time in school than living life. And all of this just so that when they get out of school they can work 40 hours weeks. We end up spending more time trying to make a good easy life then we do just living life.

• In what sense?

I like the picture you posted, but it only tells half the truth. You could make the argument that just about any job is comparable to prison using that list of criteria. Let's take, for example someone that works at Arby's:
    Authoritarian Structure?: Absolutely
    Dress Code?: Yes, a harsh one at that.
    Emphasis on silence and order?: As much as there is at a prison.
    Negative Reinforcement?: Almost everyday.
    Walk in Lines?: Punching in and Punching out.
    Loss of Individual Autonomy?: No texting on the clock! Put it away!
    Abridged Freedoms?: Don't leave the building during your shift.
    No input in decision making?: You are a minimum wage puppet. Do what you're told or there is a list of puppets ready to take your place.
    Set times enforced for walking, eating, talking etc.: 15 min breaks every 3 hours, 30 minutes for lunch.

The list posted in that picture demonstrates one thing :Structure.

And yes, schools and prison happen to have that in common, as does any functioning system involving more than one person.

Here is a list of how schools DON'T compare to prisons.
    1.) Children can return home at the end of the school day, to whatever lives they respectively have.
    2.) Children are free to leave the school anytime, provided that their parental guardian authorizes it.
    3.) Students can accessorize within the dress code, expressing their individuality.
    4.) Students get to enroll in extracurricular activities that allow them to compete and travel, often times even during the school day.
    5.) In high schools, students can even plan effectively to cut their senior school day in half by proactively completing courses.
    6.) When a student leaves high school, they have an diploma which opens a myriad of potential opportunities to them, and they have skills and relationships vital to successfully integrating into society. When a convict leaves prison, they have an often un-erasable mark on their permanent record that significantly reduces their number of opportunities, and 40% of them will wind back up in prison within a year.

• You really are exaggerating what school is.

Have you even been to school? Some schools do not have a uniform policy, and do not enforce bathroom time rules though I have never heard of a school in America that does not allow going to the bathroom during school time (unless you mean class time). The point of school is to teach students skills and basic knowledge that they need to know whereas the only reason prison exists is to house and limit criminals freedom for being incapable. Other then the really strict policies, there is really no comparison to prison and even strict policies is not an attribute of prision and school. Some jobs have a strict policy, dress code, limited time in the bathroom, no phone policies, Does that mean that having a job is now the equivalent of being in prison?

• That really is a little too over the top...

While it was true that students were treated like inmates, that is no longer true for today's society. These days, kids are allowed to actually vote on what happens in school. Do the prisoners do that? No. Also, teachers actually care about students. When there is a serious injury, the injury is checked out. I doubt they do that in prison.

>