• Obviously Agenda Driven

There's a reason why Marvel comics sales are at an all time low and only selling worse as time goes on, To the extent cancellations are now nore commonplace than ever before and that is because Marvel has scrapped formula its original successful formula to cater instead for mentallt ill SJWs, Radical feminists and rascist bigots who make up less than 4% of it's target audience, Whilst the other 96% if it's readers are left with no characters they can relate to and bland storylines which aren't written to entice the reader but push a political agenda, One which targets straight white men. Shame on you Marvel, It's little wonder so many of your life long fans are switching over to DC comics and that's because unlike you they won't sell out, Even if that means they end up rubbing a small army of insane SJW warriors up the wrong way. So what? Normal comic book fans outnumber these bigots 100 to 1 and that's a fact.

• Because there's no need for it.

There's nothing wrong with having a gay, Trans, Lesbo, Curious, Feminazi-whatever superhero. If that's what people want to read then fine. But why go back and change old characters and rewrite their backstories to simply fit in with a shrieking, Baying crowd of Social Justice Wangers just because? It's pointless. Ruin a comic and it will die, People will stop buying it. Don't change something just to fit in with the predilictions of a small minority. . . . Start writing better and more original NEW characters. But if you really insist on this sjw crap and have to rewrite old characters, Then why not also have the 'badguys' as edgy, SJW-friendly characters? So why not make The Penguin from Batman a trans-woman who identifies as a Penguin during his cosplay time in his safe space, But is actually an old guy who works in a convenience store during the working week. Why do you have to only change the superheroes to gay-friendly characters? Why not also change the villians? Comics are becoming a joke because of SJW's and at least Graphic Novels have retained a Dark edginess

• Mcu is about to lose me with this captain marvel stunt

These bastards have already damn near ruined hulk and almost ruined thor but they ended up saving thrs charecter with the last 2 movies we don't need or want no damn captain marvel to be something shes not which is more powerful then hulk and thor i mean just thinking about it pisses me off have you ever seen somebody lift some heavy shit and something like im the hulk or im super man. _well theres a reason for that cuz there the strongest. _ive never in my life heard hey im as strong as captain marvel you know why cuz it sounds stupid its fuckin dumb. Keven fieg or who ever you are better tightin up or retire from marvel you fuckin sjw's fuckin everything up down to comic charecters i can't stand it

• Drop in quality.

I didn't know this was a thing. Tried to check out the first copy of Secret Empire (the captain america fascist thing seemed like it could be interesting). The book was paneled in a way that made reading it confusing. Also, there were a bunch of grammar errors that made it hard to read. Looked into it, and found they hired a bunch of editors for "diversity" rather than merit. Saw some dialogue from some other comics who talked like the crazy left wing activists from back when I was in college (except it was the main characters of the books). Normal people do not talk like that, how am I supposed to sympathise with that (they were the only people I experienced racism from in my life as a minority).

• Yes they are.

Comics should be escapist, and escapism should be enjoyable. Many longtime readers now feel preached at, there's more than enough of that in daily life. Being preached at, being told you are wrong for liking established characters is not enjoyable. I do not know if the medium can survive this level of undermining.

• Screw political correctness

Politics have nothing to do in a comic, trying to use media in a ny form, to force your delusional dream on others, is just pathetic. I predict that these social joke warriors, will anything and I mean ANYTHING, to make all previous heroes either black, transgender, or any of their weird mental illness genders.
    Like Spiderman, he's a white straight male, so by sjw logic, he should be turned into a gay black male, and instead of shooting web he shoots magical rainbows. (Did that happen yet?)
    Multiculturalism is never going to work, so long as there is politics, ideologies and religion, so sjw's are stupid for forcing it.

• SJWs = Extreme Religious Zealotry.

Social Justice Warriors by definition have given up on thought, discourse or the ability to learn or get along in the world. They have committed themselves to a never ending battle/war of what they perceive as their righteous cause. People of this mindset have NEVER and will NEVER embrace freedom of thought or art. Oh they believe that is their cause,.. But simply put they strive to BE the oppressors, not to stand up to oppressors. The sjw message is all that drives them. Not love, art, thought, or humanity... And definitely not the evolution or survival of the comic tradition and art form. If anyone has ever run across Religeous comics, then you know exactly how bad this is. One core topic, one message, one point of view etc. etc. SJW ARE Religeous zealots. It’s just not Xtianity or Izlam, etc. but the thoughts, rationalization, propaganda tactics and methodology is exactly the same.

In truth comics have always been on the cutting edge of progressive, liberal, and inclusive ideologies. The fact that modern comics are pushing soooooo and alienating everyone who even hints at any thought beyond the “core propaganda tenets” is proof that the pendulum has gon so far that it is now clearly the SJWs and Femenists and inclusionists that have become the toxic oppressors of free speech and thought. The anti-fascists have actually become fascists and those who once fought for equality are now striving for outright subjugation.

Just like Religeous terrorists (from any faith) the first goals are to tear down the relics , idols, temples and works of art that are not made for their religion. Destroy and erase from history all that is not of their faith...Regardless of its significance, heritage, history, or cultural relevance. “Tear down the false idols, and burn their shrines”.
    This has always been the cornerstone of cultures and religions that cannot stand on their own or convince/sway by logic or even coexist. It is the cultural proof of inferior thinking and unsustainable value; it must destroy and hide and push down other thoughts out of fear of being proven irrational and lacking.
    -with over 40 years as a progressive liberal free thinker with open mind and heart, and a comic lover, and I am personally disgusted with the overwhelming sjw agenda that seems to be required in every book, series, etc. and not buying new comics. Not in boycott. If they were good i’d Buy them. But they are poor and quite literally HATE anyone who doesn’t share their zealotry . It has become ugly, shameful, and ironically for the first time in my life, embarrassing to collect comics.

• They sure aren't selling.

There's nothing inherrently wrong about having diversity in comics, and having gay/lesbian/transexual heroes etc. But here's the thing...Marvel's completely messed up their approach to it.
    Rather than introducing new heroes, and focusing on on making good stories, and well thought out, compelling characters and backgrounds, they instead elected to try and change existing heroes, or replace them with alternative versions of the same "mould". Add to that bad writing, crappy stories, and divisive politicising in the comics, and you have a recipie for a business disaster.
    Marvel might not be ruining comics in general, but they are certainly screwing over Marvel comics. You can argue over reasons all you want, but the undeniable fact is that sales are WAY low, and multiple series are in the region where the correct business decision would likely be to kill the series, or make some radical changes to the product.
    There's nothing wrong with modifications and modernizations of a product, nor trying to capture a new audience. But if you change your product so much that you start alienating your core customer base, you are doing it wrong. And that's what Marvel's done.

• If you want to spread agenda via comic, you send your best, you put out the best plot best character to achieve that. Marvel failed.

It is so apparent via the twitter account of many of the writer that they collectively has a social agenda, this is fine. But they are not sending their best.
    The original STAR WARS, ALIEN, STAR TREK, etc... They also had an agenda, but they use quality writer to produce quality character, quality plot, quality environment.

These current SJW Marvel is a insult to their own ideology. The gay iceman is insult to gay people. The Ms Marvel and many other female lesbian-sh character are insult to women. Those low quality writers did not respect gay people, they did not respect women, they did not respect people of different sexual orientation.

These Marvel comic could just be written by ALT RIGHT to mock minority, they just need minor adjustment, the character design themselves is a mockery.

• No. Comics have to evolve.

What you refer as 'SJWs' is simply Marvel comics changing their characters to better match the actual makeup of our society. These days, in our country, there are more people of ethnic minorities and more people who aren't cis or straight. The number of women who are becoming scientists/engineers is increasing massively, and I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with 'Legacy Heroes.'

When you say that Marvel should make new characters who are more diverse, that is what they are doing. Steve Rogers hasn't had a skin transplant to become African-American, and Tony Stark hasn't undergone gender reassignment surgery.

The problem comes when these new characters harm the stories Marvel wants to tell. Case in point: I think Kamala Khan is a brilliant character, but Amadeus Cho simply doesn't work as the Hulk. That's my opinion.

Is the quality of Marvel Comics decreasing? Quite possibly. But is it because these characters are more diverse? Absolutely not. To say that Riri Williams has ruined Iron Man is a valid opinion (though one I disagree with.) To say that Riri Williams has ruined Iron Man because she is black is, simply put, racist.

As for whether Legacy Heroes can coexist with their classic counterparts, that's a whole new question entirely.

• I actually had a debate on this

http://www.debate.org/debates/Are-SJWs-ruining-Marvel-comics/1/
    My reasoning is explained there and I feel no obligation to elaborate further. DDO requires more words so I'll just list a bunch of random words: ostrich, potato, dinosaur, blue, grenade, electricity, poop, foot, rock, wolf, sniper, nostril, pirate, coat, bag, olive, chair, song, yellow, esquivalience. That was fun.

• They aren't RUINING the comics

Sure there are some people who are unfair and want "equality" by making everything their way but that's definitely not everyone. They aren't ruining the comics. It would be cool to make some characters different but they aren't trying to change every, single, character. They haven't even done it yet! But the reason why they want to make NEW characters like that is because they want people who aren't already exposed to this kind of stuff accustomed to it because we don't like what we don't understand so we need to let people know that it's normal.

• I dont care im just voting

I dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting i dont care im just voting

• Being progressive isn't bad

People use buzzwords like "feminism" and "SJW" as if they are bad things. People act like being progressive and wanting change is bad. Can someone explain to me actually why being an SJW is a bad thing. Like what's bad about being progressive. I really don't understand why it's bad.

>