• Vegetarianism will never take me alive!

I'm used to eating meat almost every day. A few days without it and I'd go nuts. Believe me, I tried. The longest I've ever lasted without meat was 5 days. If they banned meat, I might even commit suicide!

Ten more words? You've got to be freaking kidding me!

• They are necessary.

It was about 2. 6 million years ago that meat first became a significant part of the pre-human diet, And if Australopithecus had had a forehead to slap it would surely have done so. Being an herbivore was easy—fruits and vegetables don’t run away, After all. But they’re also not terribly calorie-dense. A better alternative were so-called underground storage organs (USOs)—root foods like beets and yams and potatoes. They pack a bigger nutritional wallop, But they’re not terribly tasty—at least not raw—and they’re very hard to chew. According to Harvard University evolutionary biologists Katherine Zink and Daniel Lieberman, The authors of the Nature paper, Proto-humans eating enough root food to stay alive would have had to go through up to 15 million “chewing cycles” a year. This is where meat stepped—and ran and scurried—in to save the day. Prey that has been killed and then prepared either by slicing, Pounding or flaking provides a much more calorie-rich meal with much less chewing than root foods do, Boosting nutrient levels overall.

This is where we need the slaughterhouses. Not everybody is emotionally prepared to kill an animal and not everybody can do it because they live in apartments. With the amount of meat we consume a slaughterhouse is an effective and efficient way to prepare the meat that we need to eat.

Sources go to https://time. Com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/

• Of course they are needed

1. Where else would you kill animals? In my bathtub?
    2. Killing animals one at a time is time consuming and inefficient.
    3. There's more regulations in slaughterhouses. Imagine, People butchering animals in every farm with whatever method they please. I would much rather trust a government regulated facility.
    (I do admit that slaughterhouses need to be more regulated so that animals can be killed more humanely).

• They are still needed

People want meat and they NEED meat. Vegan YouTube promoted her dangerous brand of no meat veganism. She ended up becoming allergic to cellulose and developed health problems like not having a menstruation and other scary stuff. And she had the audacity to lie about it and claim that her lifestyle was healthy.
    You need meat to live healthy.
    And I do not know about you but I do not want to spend my time raising cows I have my own things to do. The whole meat industry solves the problem of meat and employs people.
    I would be open to eating lab grown meat, But right now they are not at the level to replace meat worldwide. Plus some people are not open to eating lab gown meat so they will want grass fed organic meat. So the meat industry will not disappear.

You cannot expect people to give up eating meat entirely you will make billions of people sick. Some regions depend on meat entirely. As much as you want to do good you will hurt a lot people and probably make things worst. So go and promote lab grown meat instead of destroying the livelihood and health of people.

• I we should not have slaughterhouses

THIS IS REAL SLAUGHTER WERE TALKING ABOUT! Imagine yourself as an animal grazing peacefully when suddenly you're taken violently and brought into a large, Metal building "a lamb to the slaughter" you have no idea what is going on, And you're scared. IS THIS REALLY WHAT WE WANT? ! ? And then you're wondering where you're meat is coming from! More than 200 MILLION ANIMALS ARE SLAUGHTERED A DAY! Come on people, Is this really what we want god to think of us? A bunch of selfish people overkilling animals?

• We do not need meat

If you look back into human evolution, For the majority of our life span (90%) we ate plants. The last 10% of our evolution, We started to eat meat because of a shortage of plant food and had to resort to eating meat to survive. Omnivores and carnivores cannot develop atherosclerosis, The build up of fats and cholesterol in our artery walls from eating meat. Herbivores can develop atherosclerosis from eating meat. Since humans can develop this disease, It is one of many explanations for why humans are herbivores. Just because we are able to digest meat, Does not mean it is good for us. Heart disease is the number one killer in the world due to the consumption of meat. The reason why some vegans or vegetarians run into health problems is because they do not know how to appropriately plan their diet. The World Health Organization even stated that a properly planned whole foods vegan diet is sufficient. By eliminating meat from our diet, The world and the people that live on it will be much healthier.