• Of course they are.

Sports stars and professional athletes have a small value to society. Their purpose is purely entertainment. They gain too much money for playing a game. The money they get is more than what the president is paid! All of that money could go to things that need it far more than greedy sports stars.

• Sports players paid too much

Some sports get paid more than others and it isn't fair to other players or the sport itself. It seems like some sports players that get a higher contract are only in it for the big bucks and not because they love the sport. NHL players get paid about 7 million a year and Tiger Woods gets over 40 million.

• Only entertainment nothing else.

They are working in normal or short periods of time pr day, and get alot more in salary without being a productive part of society, their only real function is entertainment. Which i do think can be nice, but i dont belive they should get any more than a medium/high salary, instead of a unrealistic salary, as i do understand they are the top of their sport.

• Unfortunately, they are.

Unfortunately, I do think sport stars a paid a bit too much. Especially NFL football stars. I think some times the big pay may actually get to their head, and they find themselves being more concerned about playing only for their big pay checks, as opposed to playing for the love of the game.

• Yes paid too much

Sports stars are paid way too much today. They do have a right to be paid well as they are a large entertainment attraction. However what happens is their contracts keep getting larger and larger and the price of tickets keep going up as a result. Hundreds of millions of dollars is just too much to be paid for what they do.

• Yes, they make too much.

Sports stars make too much money and so the seats for games are excessive and unaffordable for many. But they are not the only ones; we are in a culture of celebrity and all celebrities feel that they can charge whatever the market will bear once they create a niche for themselves.

• Yes they are.

Sport stars are paid way too much. There is no reason they should be getting paid that well yet we have people on the street. With their salary they could afford to take a good portion of those people off the street and into a good home where they belong.

• Sports Stars are Paid Too Much

Yes, I believe that many professional sports stars are paid too much. The fact that some sports players get paid more than the President of the United States of America is a bit preposterous. I understand that athletes work extremely hard, and often their careers can be short due to injury, but I still don't feel that warrants sports stars to get paid as much as they do or make more than the President.

• They are paid too much

When they get overpaid they start to get really greedy and take a higher risk of killing themselves by getting severely hurt and never play that game again for there whole life but if they never get paid that much then that would never happen. Also for there salary they increase the price of the tickets for professional athletes salary do you think that is necessary?

• Pro athletes are paid too much

Because when they start to get overpaid they take steroids and drugs to play better but thing is that if a kid who wants to become a professional athlete when he grows up and he sees a professional athlete taking steroids or drugs he thinks that he must also take them to keep up with the competition

• No, they are not paid too much.

People pay to see these people, they are talented and display a talent which can't be seen in 99.9999% of the world population. It's obvious that the more talent you have, the more you are paid (who would you pay more, the manager or the factory worker?).
    They are paid so much because people look to them for entertainment after a long week of work.
    Besides, they still do pay for taxes so I don't see why they are such a big problem. They still do pay big money to the government, thus contributing to society.
    Plus, I think that the people who put in doubt their wages are sort of envious of their salary... Who would say no to €8 million per year?

• Yep definitely true

This is correct that sports "stars" are paid to much. They earn so much more than the average person. A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a I finished and I needed more words

• Nothing to say but what the others say

I DON"T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY HERE YALL!!!!! PEOPLE ARE PAID THE RIGHT AMOUNT!!! ANYTHING ELSE? JUST REPLY TOO ME. I REALLY DON'T CARE, but Wouldn't it be great to make nearly $111 million a year simply to play a game? Tiger Woods, along with many other professional athletes, certainly think so. But do these athletes really deserve all that money?

In my mind, absolutely not. Professional athletes are making too much money in a society where salaries and wages are traditionally based on the value of one's work. In today's society, one should be paid according to the job’s economic importance and their value to society.

• I do not think superstars are paid too much money

Superstars are not paid too much money because the need to practice and they can get hurt or injured a lot. That is why I think superstars are not paid too much money. If you agree with me like, if not just do not like, I will not care anyways.

• They don't get paid to much

They don't get paid too much because they inspire kids and encourage kids to follow there dreams what I don't have any more tow rite tats all I needed to say please help me I in school I like basket ball and baseball because I do so deal with it

• They could die

I don't think that sports stars and professional athletes are being paid to much because they are putting their lives at risk just for your entertainment! They could die just to make you smile. If they are willing to die, you should be willing to give them their rightful salary. Also, many pro athletes don't work for more than 10 years, so they should get paid for 5x the pay the average worker does. Thank you and good bye

• Sport stars are paid the right amount of money

They don’t even make their own paycheck and they take many risks to get their paycheck. Yeah, people can only get 100,000 dollars a year but look at football players work all year. Just because the season is 16 or more weeks doesn’t mean they only work 16 or more weeks. Any sports you have an off season but you spent it training. That is with every sport. Tom Brady signed a 2 year 41 million dollar contract but some people can argue that he is the best quarterback in NFL history. Bill Belichick has the decision to fire him but pays him because he can be in the top 3 quarterbacks in NFL history. There are only 1,696 people out of about 7,000,000,000 people in the world play for the NFL. That is one side but some people think that they get paid to much. Maybe because some get paid more than the president!!! Or because an average person get paid $46k and a football player averages 10 million per year.

• They work for u guys to have smiles

They work because they want to put a smile on your face when they win u jump and turn around backflip what eve u they do get over payed but it is to put smiles on ur face u guys know. Any of u guys watch the packers play. Man I hated that game

• Noo they should get paid more

They should get paid way more then they do. They put there lives at risk and they put there bodies at risk to! So some players need to get paid more then they do. Just think of it they are super good and work very hard to do what they do

• They work hard every game for the fans when they don't even have too!

They risk getting seriously hurt and injured that could damage them for life.They do all that just for our pleasure and cheers and etc.When they can just not do any sports of any kind at all.So that's why we should appreciate what they do.And they also set role models for other little kids or what ever who want to be like them or something.

>