• No Doubt Sports Are More Important

1. They can keep you fit, which arts cannot do.
    2. They provide people the opportunity to meet others and to also takein some fresh air. You don't want to be sitting all day becoming a potato while making "art"
    3. Arts are definitelly overrated and not everyone is born to be an artist.

• Health < enjoyment? Never!

I don't understant that so many people believe that Music and arts are more important. Yeah, music improves your IQ, and soods you down and sports have a chance of getting killed BUT! I think different.
    FIrstly, improving IQ can be important, but is it really worth it? A couple of higher IQ doesn't have that big impact on the brain, you know.
    Secondly, do you really believe that MUSIC is better to make a person's feellings more soohed? When I am angry, I always ride my bike and I go up and down the street, or play badminton. The word 'soothing your condition' can be different to everyone, so I expect you NOT to say somthing that can destroy other's personallity. There are more people who are like me than you think.
    Thirdly, is sports really dangerous? Sure, athlets have fallen down dead as a dorenob! But those happen rarly. As my oppinion, sports can make us more healthy. If you think of that, what can we say about people who have died while playing the tuba? It is really hard and if you blow the wrong way, you can gave problem breathing.

• It increases social skills

Sport increases social skills and will be able to make friends and your parents will be able to make other friends with your friends parents which will cause them to recommend their friends to you and you will make friends with them. I could keep going with that but sport is definitly better than music

• Sports are way more important

Simply, a trumpet can't save you from obesity. Sports not only improve weight loss but team sports provide a sense of family and support. Many people say that arts allows you to be creative but sports does too. In sports like football you have to be strategic and provide a game plan. So overall sports is better than arts, if you think about it.

• Sports is much more important

• Sports are much much more important

Sports are more important because you need to keep the body fit. Sure, music builds character too, but sports are needed. Sports do tell a story. They give people things to do, they make people stronger. They make the Olympics and give determination and courage. Children need sports. They help them grow and be healthy. Sorry, but I disagree entirely with arts being better.

• Sports is way more important

• Sports are way more important

• Sports are way more important

• Sports are integral to the development of young minds

MAN THROW BALL CROWD GO WOOOOO, Man paint? Weak man. Need be strong. Man need protein shake. Art man have weak bones, No survive. When winter come what he do? Those who participate in the arts should be excluded from society for they are weak and won't survive come winter due to their frail physique

• I say no simply because they are equal.

The question asks whether sports are more important than the arts - this means the burden for those saying yes lies on whether they can prove sports definitely is more important than the arts. For those saying no, We can take the position that the arts is more important, OR that they are equally important and hence the answer is still no. I am taking the latter position. They are equally important, So the answer to the question as asked is no. For every benefit sports offers, The arts offers a benefit that is just as valuable. Sports develop your body and the arts develop your mind. There are sports which require a fair bit of artistry (such as gymnastics), And arts which require a fair bit of physicality (such as dance). So NO sports are not easily proven to be "more important" than the arts. If the question had instead asked which is more important out of sports and the arts, I think the answer would have been less cut and dry.

• Think about this:

If we all focused on sports and neglected the arts, Including music, What would you have to pump you up before games, To blare during the games, Etc. ? Hmmm maybe nothing? So technically you have musicians to thank for half your motivation. Neither one is better than the other, But they both deserve the same respect and appreciation.

• Just to point out. . .

Being fit has as much to do with the food you eat (plus many other things) as it does with the amount of sports you play. One can't assume that sports are the only way to remain fit, Where as music doesn't make you fit, And for this reason sports are more important. Also, Professional musicians should be fit, As muscles and good breathing and alertness are very important for a musician. Also, Hasn't it been proven that people who play an instrument typically do better in school than people who don't? This is because music is the only action that requires using both sides of the brain at once.

• Sports are often taken too seriously.

As a three-sport athlete, I know the ins and outs of sports. I am also a choir student and crew member for plays and musicals. I can tell you that no sport has ever made me as happy as the arts do. ( these are the extra words I needed)

• From a Student's Perspective

I am a member of my high school's marching band AND an honors theatre student. I'm also a sophomore in high school. Sure, Sports are important, But they shouldn't be valued over arts. Schools should give equal opportunities to both student athletes and fine arts students. Now, For the people saying that fine arts doesn't keep you in shape, Okay! Not everybody wants to be super muscular! And not all fine arts kids are obese! In addition, Fine arts students have friends, Too! A friend is a person you share a common interest with. So, A theatre student is a friend with another theatre student! Same goes for chorus kids and band kids! Also, Fine arts introduces you to new things, Too! Just cause you start out as a trumpet doesn't mean you have to keep playing a trumpet, You could switch to clarinet or french horn or a saxophone! Theatre kids could start out with stage performance, Then move to technical theatre or choreography!
    As a student that goes to a high school that doesn't support the arts as much as the sports, It breaks my heart to see the sports program get more support. We do just as much as they do, But we don't get rewarded as much as they do. I get that life isn't always fair, But every person should be treated equally and be given the things necessary for their passions.

• It depends on the person, but I prefer the arts

Theatre, music and art are my whole life basically, but I couldn't really care less about most sports and test the arts are sum how the first things getting cut from schools, and I would argue that theatre would be more vital than football for example, to a students future. However, it seems almost everyone disagrees with me, they say that it's more important to do a sport because it provides physical fitness, even though the arts can too, I'd love to keep going for awhile longer, but it's late and I'm tired, so I need to bed. Bye.

• Arts are just as important

The arts allow kids to express their creativity. This is because in the arts kids are in a stable environment to express themselves in. While in sports all kids can do is become fit and learn teamwork. Also the arts allow kids to be social while being fit because of stuff like dancing and choreography.

• Music is beneficial

Throughout my entire life, I have been involved in various music programs. They take just as much hard work and dedication as sports programs. You have to practice to get better, and you have to work together to get the results you want. In an orchestra, the violinist sitting first chair cannot carry everybody, and same goes for the quarterback on a football team. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything, and it makes me sad that not everyone gets to be involved in a music program. The arts shouldn't be cut back on funds just because some people value sports more. Why can't all students have an equal chance?

• They are equal, get over it.

Honestly, people have debates and I fully understand they have opinions but sports are just as important and physically challenging as the Arts. Both the arts and sports also include friendship beginnings and teamwork, especially during performances or games. They both require much skill, you need to be confident on a stage in front of people, and you have to be confident in yourself to succeed in sports and not to give up. They both challenge people physically and mentally. And sometimes even socially.

• They are equal

I am a former athlete who is now a working artist and art teacher. I excelled at the top of my game in every sport i played earning many gold medals, MVP awards and so on. I think I come from the best of both worlds. Instead of constantly separating these two teachings we should look at how they benefit each other. They both teach time management, organizational skills, help with confident positive outlook, healthy sense of competition and ambition. One can benefit from another at the highest level. I am convinced my artistic abilities helped me to have an almost 6th sense on the football field. I always knew where the ball was going when I played defensive linebacker and having a creative mind mapped out all probably possibilities for me in an instant when the other team lined up. My coaches were always quick to ask how I did that. I saw the pattern of subtle movements and gestures along with alignment of feet and facial expressions. It was something that visual arts helped me to identify. Now why is this important? Because in the job market these are skills that managements are looking for. So stop arguing which is more important. They should be looked at as one in the same thought processes and cognitive development learning.

>