Are the moral and ethical values of young people deteriorating?

• There is no place for morals in the society of young people

I am a young person (20) years old and from experience I would say that morality has definitely broken down for my generation. Just watch TV, listen to modern music, research the messages modern media give to young people and it's not hard to understand why. It is not uncommon for a girl of 18/19 to have many sexual partners, often even partners that share the same friendship group. Most of my friends take drugs, sleep with people they only met a couple of hours ago unprotected, lie and deceive people and think nothing of it. I don't know wether this is because they actively decide to do wrong, or wether it has simply become the norm and is accepted that this is how life is. Also the mental make-up of young people nowadays is all over the place, I know from experience that a lot of young people suffer from depression, confusion, and conflicting emotions. Society has become fickle and shallow, where quick fixes and quick thrills seem to be all the rage, instead of appreciating longevity, hard work which will have lasting positive results and looking into life from a deeper perspective. Maybe I am the weird one or the odd one out, however my own personal morals will not let me be sucked in to the "normal" way of life for young people these days.

• I'm scared of the future.

If children are our future then the apocalypse is near. Somehow it's accepted for teens to do drugs and sleep around and people actually think it's cool. They are rude and onky think of themselves. They cannot fumction in a community and think nothing of breaking the rules. They can't respect authority.

• I agree, the younger generation seems to represent crumbling morality

There is less concern about getting a job, even in today's economic climate. It's much easier to take a handout and the younger generation seems to be just fine with it. It's a "Me" world now, so many people idolize celebrities, athletes and care more about how they appear to others (wait, I gotta update my twitter account since I just ate breakfast) and less about doing the right thing. I suppose the DINCS may have been the precursor of this (you are probably in this younger generation if you don't know what a DINC means). I gotta get mine, what I'm owed, the younger generation crows. Religion has become less important, because the "unaffiliated" population wants what it wants. It wants to receive the Eucharist but wants the states and churches to change theology of thousands of years so that abortion is more accepted and gay marriage is more accepted, because they want the church to change to match their changing, liberal ideology.

• Children today have no morals.

Children are being raised by mother's or father's whom have been married three, four times. The mothers have live in boyfriends and the father's are rarely involved in the children's lives. I know that isn't how all children are raised, but they copy what they see. They are rude to authority figures and have no respect for their teachers. Our children are supposed to be our future, but our future is very bleak.

• Yes morals and ethical values of young people are deteriorating

Yes, sadly it seems as though the moral and ethical values of young people seems to be deteriorating. It seems as though young people are caring less about morals and ethical values, and are instead focusing on themselves in order to promote their own agendas, and the agendas do not focus on morals or values.

• Scripture is the same, people change

Scripture stays the same as a constant but people change and deviate around and away from it. Likewise metaphysical laws stay laws, that‘s what scripture teaches about, and by this rule we must acknowledge we are breaking more metaphysical laws, or scriptural i.e. biblical laws in the sexual sphere, as we are not faithful, in the religious sphere, as we no longer believe, and in the financial sphere as we have chosen a god of materialism and worldly things to be our daily worships. Materialism is also a spirituality, but a dark spirituality that wants to hide its spiritual nature away from the light of people’s awareness. My generation is not, seen spiritually, as good as the last generation. There is less strength to resist evil in the, as a result of these things.

• Values are now gone

Just look at the world around . Every person is changing . Parents are simply handing their 5 year olds a mobile phone instead of teaching them morals and basic values . Children are so engrossed and exposed to the social media , they some times forget they have a life outside it . Some probably don't have the simple pleasure of enjoying the sunshine peacefully or sitting on their parents shoulders . Children especially teenagers think it is very cool to be rude to teachers and sit on the back benches . This should change . I ask you , where is the old kindness and politeness ??

• Never a day goes by that I see someone under 30 behaving like a toddler

I work in the service industry and the lack of respect for others has become so rampant, I’m retiring early before it gets out of control. On a daily basis I see people in “professional “ jobs show up to work drunk from the night before (on a weekday), belittle and demean others, screw over their coworkers etc. driving has become a struggle in that you have to pay extra attention to those who are texting at 65 mph and just driving recklessly in general. I’ve heard people talk about bodily functions, I.E., having sex, peeing, pooping etc in front of others who really didn’t want to get to know you that well. Manners have gone completely out the window.

• Morality is dead

We see that the youth now call anything that is moral as being wrong and everything that is wrong as being moral. In fact the very idea of wrong is not moral to them. They seem to have no self control. They see freedom as being able to do something which our parents would be horrified by. I believe that we are witnessing the fall of our civilization and without having self control and treating people with respect, even those that disagree with them, then our society will rip itself apart or we will be unable to defend ourselves against other violent nations and we will be destroyed by them.

• YES i don't wanna live on this planet anymore

Just that people r doin sh#t without thinking conciquenses, there r these shows about "finding the love" N they just screwn around fuc#n each other which comes alle day long making teenagers n younger generations believe that it is normal to have sex with anybody you don't find teen girl who havent had sex with dozen guys. And there r those "dating" Apps n sites what people really use in nothing but having sex with people who they have known bout literally minutes. N im teenager too I had good "old fashioned" Life so far n ive had sex with bunch of girls too but i really thought then that im gon be with em. By old fashioned i mean that ive never put my own needs before something that may have negative effects on someone or even the society. Sorry for bad spelling

• They have more morals and ethics than the older generation

Have you seen the behavior of the major population of old politicians, the old industrialists, the old village leaders? When you see their unethical and unscrupulous behavior, how do you blame the young people who learn from the older generation. Where are the role models? These leaders from the older generation are unscrupulous and have laid a foundation of unethical and immoral behavior that the youth follow. Let these oldies do away with their bribery, corruption, loot of the nation, breaking up of our nation in every unimaginable way. So how do you even start to blame the youth when there is so much trashy behavior that their impressionism minds can only but follow.

• Moral is of no use

What moral values people talk about are of ancient times. Those values are of no use in the present. It is best to let the present generation live their own life rather than controlling it. And by doing so ,it allows them to understand life and create their own moral and ethical values. Moral and ethical values are like water. The should keep changing to maintain equillibrium

• No use of Ethics

• Moral values have become extinct

Today no values exist. Then how can an extinct stuff can suffer degradation? Today exists pseudo selfish stuff. Moral values are lost because of bad parenting.So it is not degrading among youth.Cause we are what we see!And we don't see anything good!!Moral upbringing has led to extinction of morality! Thanks

• Moral values have become extinct

• A changing society does not equal a worse society

I believe we are on the verge of tipping over to a new era. Old views compared to new views may be considered immoral, but are they really? We cannot deny that we are seeing more political awareness, world view concerns, acceptance of all individuals, charity, and health awareness amongst our youth. It is in my opinion that people who are resisting the youth movement are less tolerant and probably were raised to feel afraid of change. I will not deny that there are still youth who are selfish, greedy, corrupt and will likely grow up to be unethical in some aspects of their lives, but lets not forget that for the most part, they are not born this way, its learned behavior from the generations before them.

• Moral and ethics is subjective

I'm in my early 20s and i don't see why you think our generations have lack of morals and ethics. This generation is fearless, we became entrepreneur via social media, we empower our women and not think women is less than men. We try to correct our mindset and teach people "victim blaming" should not be allowed, we teach women;" their body, their choice" we are the most accepting generation by far, the LGBT community is growing. It is easy to see the "negativity" in this world, but I think it is your mindset that is not progressing along with this amazing generation.

• Actually the responsibility is of the good people

The social &moral values are not upto the mark but this doesn't mean that they would be hold wrong on what they do i,its not so .The media must be taking care of what they show rather showing what wrong is going on . The tendency to do wrong goes up as our sub concious mind gets more negative and the vice versa . The parents have highest responsibility to their children than only giving birth to them ,they can be a better person if taught from the childhood onwards what is wrong and what is right. The good people can do a lot as said by one great person -'the evil gets place in this world due to the inactivity of good people' and so are they really good . Time is yours ,place is yours and you need to act now or never.

• It does not help.

It does not help the modern societal when there are people slamming it. Past generations have probably been treated like this, is the modern society any different from when you where teens? We just have more things to use, and do. It makes people think that they have to live up to what people think we are. All and all I think we should just leave it alone.

• The values of young people are not deteriorating.

The thing with young people is that only the ones that behave poorly are the ones that get the attention. Once they have your attention you start to think that all people of that age act like that, which is not true. Young people only have as much ethical and moral values as is taught to them by their parents. There are always more good people in the world, you cant just focus on the ones that behave poorly.

>