• Sex, Gender, and Expression Are All Different

Sex is BIOLOGICAL. Linked to a person's genitalia and reproductive organs, biological sex is what you are assigned at birth. Contrary to popular belief, even biological sex is not binary. Sex AND gender are spectrums, as is evident by intersex people and others whose genitals don't match the classic penis-vagina binary you may be familiar with.
    Gender is PSYCHOLOGICAL. It is how you identify, and it may or may not correspond with your sex. This is called TRANSGENDER, which is a term for ANYONE who identifies as a gender OTHER than what their sex dictates, not just trans women or men. This includes non-binary, agender, gender-fluid or demi-gender individuals who identify anywhere on the gender SPECTRUM that is not strictly male or female.
    Expression is SOCIETAL; how you display your gender based on society's predetermined gender classifications. A male can express himself as more feminine than masculine, but as long as he identifies as male, he is MALE. How one expresses oneself, feminine, masculine, or androgynous, is not related to their gender, and though people may generally express differently than their assigned gender dictates, this does not necessarily peg them as trans. Even trans-men may present as more feminine than masculine, though they still identify as male.
    This is just some simple vocabulary of course. If any of you bothered to conduct a brief google search, I am sure you would find these definitions to be correct, as well as some scientific evidence from REAL ACTUAL SCIENTISTS (gasp) who would back up my statement quite nicely,
    And remember; you don't get to police how people identify, and, if you're going to complain about how 'triggered' a transgender person may get by you misgendering them (probably on purpose), to stop bitching about people that are different than you and just respect their fucking identities even though you may not agree with them.

• As a College Debater

I have years of humanities studies under my belt, along with a doctorate that I'm aiming towards to be a surgeon, I can tell you that there are more than two genders. And sexes.
    There is indeed a spectrum of gender, much like there are spectrums of illness and moods, and it has no correlation with what physical reproductive system you have.
    And to say there are only two genders, when you really mean sexes, is incorrect as well. Intersex people are born with multiple reproductive chromosomes and can have both male and female parts. But Intersex people also can fall on a spectrum of varying symptoms; both reproductive parts, both sets of hormones, different hormone release, etc. Everything in nature can fall on a spectrum.
    Gender is just how we choose to label ourselves, much how people label their sexualities. Who are you to tell someone how they do and don't feel? If someone identifies with a label, it does you no harm at all and makes someone feel comfortable in their own skin. The reason "so many" genders exist is because so many people feel the exact same way and have agreed on a word to express themselves with.
    I can 100% guarantee that no medical professional or medically trained scientist will argue against the Gender Spectrum Theory. If you want a REAL, CREDIBLE answer to the question "Are there more than 2 genders" (for a debate, or to be more educated in general) there are tons of medical and psychological essays written on the topic. Or you can go to any hospital and ask a surgeon or therapeutic counselor. Plenty of Universities also support the theory and have their own courses and seminars online for your pleasure.
    (Monash University has a very simple article on it, if you need a research kickstart)
    :) Don't be ignorant, research before you spew out nonsense and lose credibility with others. No one likes that one homophobic (transphobic, racist, sexist, etc.) person.

• There are more than 2 genders!

If there were only 2 genders, then tell me, if there are only 2 genders, why do you get so angry when people say they are non-binary/genderqueer etc... You know that when they say there are more than 2 genders, you are only angry when they say that because you know that they are right and you are wrong. Anyone who thinks there are only 2 genders is either braindead or a bias idiot who isn't open to being told that they are wrong.

• Difference in Gender and Sex

Genders are different from sex. There are only two sexes as they refer to the biological and physical traits of a human. (Hermaphrodites exist). Genders are what the person identifies as and therefore and much different than sexes. Unless the person to the right of me is a scientist (which I highly doubt due to his ignorance of the internet and the example given, there's no reason no to look up the terms on the internet yourself and find out.

• Well of course

I'm genderqueer which means I am a boy and a girl. People have told me, "You're making fun of transgenders! " or "You have a mental disorder! ". I've been call "boy-girl" "tranny" and "she-male. " I'm sorry if my gender offends you. Gender is not the same as sex, Sex is what you were born as, Gender is what you identify as. My sex is female and my gender is genderqueer. I hope you all can understand one day. Have a nice day.

• Clearly observable non-binary

Take a closer look at the guy with soft fascia, Less body hair, Accumulation of tissue in his breasts, And a perpetually pissy mood; then take a closer look at the gal with highly toned shoulder and arm muscles, A deeper voice, Hair on her upper lip, And a perpetually arrogant mood; then learn from your observations. Gender is non-binary, People express the gender they identify with, And social interactions shape gender expression. Humans need humanity. "As I am human, Nothing human can be alien to me. "

• Yes, There ARE More Than Two Genders

Biologically, There are three sexes. Male, Female and Non-Binary (You can have both or none genitalia of a gender). As for gender, There are people that refer to themselves as the opposite gender in which they were assigned at birth. Even Bill Nye (The Science Guy) has aid and proven that there are indeed more than two genders. Brought to you by a triggered homo.

• Only two sexes and genders

If a person came up and said I feel like a cheetah today so therefore I am a cheetah you would look at them and be like um no your still and will always be a human. If you're a male that says they feel like a female then you are still and will always be a male no need to classify any further.

• Yes! There are more than 2 genders

Yes, they're are more than two genders. Male and female are just biological sexes. Gender is a variety of identities and expressions. It's for non-conforming people. I'm cisgender but a supporter of the non-binary community. More genders=more diversity. People need to do research to receive a better understanding. Like for real.

• Sex and gender are different.

Sex and gender are both defined in the dictionary differently. Sex is defined as and by whats in between your legs, and gender is defined as a mental identity. In terms of sex, there is also more than 2, with intersex being medically recognized in the healthcare industry. Gender is an identity expression.

• No, whoever thinks there is needs to stop and go to school

GENDER IS DEFINED BY THE CHROMOSOMES, ANYONE WHO THINKS IT ISNT, MUST HAVE EXTRA ONES. If you don't want to go by the "people can be born with the wrong genitals" thing, that may be true, females can be born with a penis, and males can be born with a vagina, but the constant throughout gender, is the chromosome. If you have XY, you are a male, if you have XX you are a female, this isn't that hard, it's basic biology. I am sad that 30% of people said yes to this, they are stupid if they say so.

• Men are men and women are women

If you have the male reproductive organ, you are a man. If you have the female reproductive organ, you are a woman. That is it. There is no in-between. The only people who believe the trash that there are more genders, are mentally ill and need immediate attention. They have most likely been abused as children and hate all people in this world. Therefore, they want to separate themselves from all other people and become freaks.

• If there are more than two NATURAL genders,

Then there are three; male, female, and hermaphrodite.

While it is true that, from time to time, science does have to update the facts when new evidence comes to light (for instance when lifeforms were discovered to be living in places and situations which were previously thought to have been devoid of life or incapable of supporting life), science has yet to announce to the World any new evidence that adds new and wonderous genders to the current accepted number of genders.

IF an extra gender was ever to be added to the natural two genders, then perhaps only natural hermaphrodite would be an accepted addition.

• How you feel doesn't matter.

I understand that people who identify as transgender exist. I understand that they feel like they don't belong as a member of their biological sex. However, that doesn't change the reality. Their genes are either male or female. Even someone who expresses themselves as a member of the other gender or "neutrally" doesn't magically become a member of the other gender.

• Ugh, how many people in the world are stupid enough to believe there are more than 2 genders?

Really those people who believe they are "genderfluid" or "pangender" or any of that crap needs a reality check, bad. They're undermining the natural order of humanity. Animals are either male or female, and it's that way for a reason: the continuation of the species. Humans accepted genders correctly for years. I've heard someone describe the supposed other genders as "not being pinned down to 2 genders." That same person insulted all of us normal people who know that there are 2 genders by saying, "Apparently, closed minds don't always come with closed mouths."

• A logical expression

3 things. Sex, gender, and expression.

Sex: whatever is between your legs. Your sex is male if you have a penis, female if you have a vagina.

Gender: what you identify with on a psychological level. A female would feel in place with her body and going through female puberty if her gender is also female.

Transgender people don't feel right with the sex they are born with. They're uncomfortable and know that something is different, ever since childhood. If their sex and gender doesn't match up, they're able to change genders to feel in place.

Expression: this is how you express yourself. You can express yourself as bold, modest, bright, classy, emotional, witty, ect ect. The list goes on since there are many ways to express yourself.

Gender expression is if you express yourself as feminine or masculine. If I am a girl who likes playing sports, wearing pants and I like the colour blue, I'm expressing myself in a masculine way. THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME A MALE.
    I am a girl who tends to do things in ways that are stereotypically masculine. My sex doesn't change. My gender doesn't change. This is just how I express myself.

I might also express myself in a neutral way, doing things that are neither masculine or feminine. This doesn't make my gender 'neutral,' this is just another way I express myself. And I'm still female.

Just because I'm lazy and slow like a sloth, it doesn't mean I'm actually a sloth. If I share characteristics with sloths, it doesn't make me an actual one. In the same way, just because I share characteristics with males, it doesn't make me also a male. Gender is psychological, something that you can't chose.

Gender is a binary. Intersex people aren't both genders. They have a disorder, a condition, something that they were born with and cannot help.

If anything, I think these 'genderfluid' and 'nonbinary' people are making fun of transgender people. Transgender people risk their lives socially, emotionally, physically and financially when transitioning, and these 'genderfluids'/'nonbinary' people walk around and say they wake up every day feeling like a different gender or in between. Gender isn't that light and simple. And there are only two.

• I'll explain things in a logical way.

3 things. Sex, gender, and expression.

• 'Genders' other than male and female are just delusion.

Sure, you can think you're a dragonkin beastkin "Only my right arm is female," or something. But no, you're still either male or female. Something so unrealistic should stay without giving them any classification, legalization, or such. That's also what makes fictions beautiful, right? People who think that they aren't either male or female are just slightly lunatic and most probably got too affected by the internet.

• There are only 2 genders

It has been proven multiple times gender is not opinion it is fact based facts don't care about feelings if you be live In god he has no proof to exist but you can still believe it I don't care if you be live there is more then 2 but it's not true

• Just depressed by the other side

TL;DR There aren't two genders, Biologically impossible

"If you feel that you are X, Then therefore you are X. " Biologically and chemically, You are one gender or the other. Being transgender isn't a 3rd gender, It just means that you are the other gender. If it has a penis, It is male unless the chemicals define it as female. There is nothing in the middle or set to the side ("gender" nullification surgery may be considered an exception). Intersex is two genders at once, Not its own gender.

What really is rather interesting is that people identify as different species. Different genders could be biologically proven, But different species mating is impossible on many levels. If there was any scientific fact that proves you can identify as a different species, I would gladly accept it. Feeling that you want to be a different species is entirely different. If a dog has intercourse with a human, It would not produce any offspring, Which makes gene mixing impossible. Semen injection into either species still would not work, As the DNA/RNA are different.
    "I say I am X therefore it must be a gender. "

>