• We are our brains, we only own our body

It has been proven that transgender status is a congenital birth defect in which the mind does not match the body. It is no longer considered a mental disorder by scientists, especially psychologists and neurologists. Your body is an attachment to your brain. Anything you do is controlled by your brain, so you moving your hand means your brain is making your hand move. This means that a transman, i.e. a person with a male brain but a female body, is a man.

Believing one of these men is a women is simply a belief in a metaphysical entity which makes a person a female all their lives if they are born with XX chromosomes and/or a vagina. This could not be erased, no matter what happens to the person, a believer would say. Even if a transman's chromosomes changed to XY and he got a real penis, the believer still believes he's a woman because of this magical entity.

• I don't think that it is a strong statement.

I think that when you deal with issues like transmen you get into areas that have very conflicting points of view. I think that it's a tough call as to whether they are or aren't real men. I guess it might depend on how you look at it, possibly from a biological standpoint.

• Manliness is a Way of Life

Transgender men are indeed men, even though they started out as women. Manhood and gender identity are attitudes, not necessarily a physical form. Transgender men want to be men, so they can be men however they want. Biologically, they aren't men, but transgender people are more about how they feel, think and identify before having physical changes.

• Obviously they're real men.

Being biologically male and being a man are 2 different things. Just because some men happen to be trans, doesn't make them any less real. Chromosomes determine sex but they don't determine the validity of one's gender. Those who think they aren't obviously don't know what transgender means out of ignorance and close mindedness. But according to factual evidence, trans men are men as gender isn't biological, only sex is. If anything they're manlier than a lot of cis men because trans men have it much harder.

• Obviously they're real men.

• Follow the science

It amazes me how something that should be based on science somehow becomes muddled with politics. It is not a left/right issue it is one of science. There have been several (repeated blind studies) that have proven that in Trans individuals several brain structures resemble that of the sex the person believes themselves to be. Further, even the white matter to grey matter ratio matches the gender that the person feels themselves to be.

Scientist have already determined the condition is real, and have come up with the best standards of care for ppl afflicted with this condition. It just boggles my mind how so many people want to look at this through some sort of moral lens instead of just going with what scientist have to say on the matter. And before one of you points out that there is "conflicting research" on the topic I would note that not one of those studies has ever been repeated with the same results, which is a must for any research to be considered valid.

I think half the problems of the world stem from people picking and choosing what study they want to believe instead of which studies have been repeated with the same results. Much like climate change, the studies that "prove a different point" are all one offs with no substance.

Besides, it is not you so why are the no column ppl freaking out? Just treat other people with the kindness we all want to be treated with and we all will be much happier. It costs you nothing to treat these individuals as the people they present themselves to be, anything less is just you imposing your will on someone else's life.

• Science has proven we are. (Of course we are)

Studies show that trans men's brains are structured just as a cis man's brain. Same goes with trans women having "female brains." Genes and chromosome aren't everything. You can have XX chromosomes and be born male or XY chromosome and be born female. You could have XXY chromosomes, XXX chromosomes, you could be intersex, your SRY gene could be missing, you could have an extra SRY gene where you shouldn't, there are a lot of different things that can happen.

• We all start out the same

No matter whether your chromosomes are XX or XY, we all begin life with no distinguishing physical characteristics to identify us as outwardly male or female. For the first few months of development in the womb, we continue to have ambiguous genitalia. And for a certain percentage of individuals, despite being genetically identifiable as one sex, we develop with the physical appearance of the opposite sex, due to the presence of or lack of testosterone. Our brains and emotions make us who we are, not a nub of flesh between the legs that can grow into either a clitoris or a penis given a certain hormonal recipe.

• Sex lies between the ears and not between the legs

What is a real man? What is if a "real man" looses his penis in an accident? What happens if a man looses his balls? There are men born with severe hypospadia or other malformations of the genitalia or without a penis at all. But they all feel as a man. So get over it. What is the problem? It looks like people are scared or become big identity problems when they start to think about there own sex.

• Why aren't they real men?

When you're born the doctors look at your genitals and slap an "F" or "M" on your birth certificate, depending on whether you're male or female. The main reason to do this is to provide you the proper medical care needed, in order to keep you healthy. Though people have had different views on it, whether it's religion or just not believing in transgender overall. Scientific research has proven to us that a women's or man's mind can be of a different gender. You may be a man but are interested in wearing a dress and makeup, and you just straight up act like a lady. You see yourself in the mirror every morning as women. Not male. It's about how we view ourselves, not what's in our pants. So why do people even care? Pronouns are just pronouns so let the person call themselves whatever they feel comfortable with. Besides, trans isn't a threat to the world anyways so why do we bother to go against them. They're their own people and everyone deserves to be themselves. We have way better things to focus on so why don't you leave the trans community alone? Whether you've started transitioning or not, hormones and surgery are two very big and expensive things, they take time and money to achieve. Both exist to allow the person's body to match the brain. Wouldn't it be weird to think like a man but have boobs? Probably, you'd want to get surgery in order to feel more comfortable with your own body. Pronouns are just a start.

• No, transexual FTM is still a female

Transexuals are a result of failed parenting or no parenting at all. Children always want something they don't have and have no logical understanding of why they can't have it. Parents that do not instill strict discipline to their children will throw tantrums and threaten with suicide to get what they want. It's not uncommon for girls to be born with penis envy and/or acting as tomboys. Many do not grow out of the phase and become even more serious about it.

• Transexual men are not real men.

No, transexual men are not real men because they used to be women. If you are born a woman, then you are always a woman, but you can be become a transexual man. A transexual man is not a real man, he is a transexual man, not really a woman.

• No I Don't Believe So

Sorry, but if you don't have a penis in my eyes you are not a real man. I don't believe in just taking someone's word for it. Identifying as a man or woman is not the same as actually being one. Transgendered individuals have difficult lives with their feet in two worlds, "Am I man or am I woman?". It is a mental disorder that has to be taken seriously and treated, we do not have immediately agree with anyone's view of themselves.

• No, they are not "real" men!

I feel angry all day long about this subject matter, from the time I get out of bed until I go back in it and dream about all the hateful things that were said to me on YouTube in 2008 by such people as these. I consider them Female, First and Foremost (and vice versa for MtF's), which is why I use that acronym and will NOT say "transmen." I am a healthy, biological female who doesn't fit into a lot of stereotypes about women (i.E. Long hair, dresses, high heels, make-up, etc.) but I REFUSE to try to conform to society's expectations by putting my body through a cross between male puberty and female menopause with potentially dangerous hormones! I also REFUSE to have my breasts turned into a scarred-up mockery of a "male chest," or to painfully bind them down, just because society would rather see me as a teenage boy (I'm 32) than to admit that not ALL women like make-up, long hair, dresses, men, and childrearing! But most of all, I do NOT consider the result of a phalloplasty or other FtM genital surgery to be a real "penis," and without one, or at least a history of having been born with one, a person IS NOT A MALE!!! So no, I will NEVER consider "trans" people to be genuine members of the opposite sex, and no, I will NEVER attempt to "turn myself into a man" in order to support the idea that all women are inherently feminine, or that all men are inherently masculine! Because of all this, I wouldn't even be friends with a trans person, nor would I ever date someone who wanted me to "change my sex" just to make her appear "straight" in public.

• FtM's are NOT "real men!"

• I don't believe they are real men

I say this because if trans men were real men, our society wouldn't have created the word "trans" to describe these people.
    Also if thinking you are a man trapped in a women's body is in fact a mental disorder, wouldn't it make sense that these people are in fact mentally ill and are caught up in their delusions?
    I feel like for most transgender people were 3-4 years old when they told themselves that they should be a boy. Or that when they were that age, a situation happened where men always have it better, therefore the female tricked her mind into thinking that men are better and she would be better off a man.
    So of constantly thinking of that your whole life for 16 years, your brain turns the lie into fact and you tell yourself that you are just a man trapped in a females body.
    It was all a huge assumption and your brain lied to you

• I don't think there is any such thing as a "real man",

However I do believe that even though a brain can be different from its organisms biological sex there must still be distinct differences from its "cisgender" counterparts. It my opinion this question relies on defining what a man is, and personally if the majority of conventional men disagree transmen are real men then I think that has to be excepted. I will say I do not think transmen are women - far from it, however they are TRANSmen...Its all labels pined along a spectrum.

• Those who falsely claim trans brain is different

I am a genetic engineer and basically that phony study was done on trans on hormones, the hormones had a role to play in that. Otherwise there is NOTHING different about trans brains accept for their delusions. The funny argument it's political activism not a scientific discovery because like it or not none of the neurological studies done on the subject was proven or validated because they never did any of them on so called trans before hormone injections. Every cell of the body of a person claiming to be transgender contains DNA that is marked either male or female. Intersexed are different because they were literally born with both genders.

• No they are not

Transmen are biological women with a Vagina who take hormones to grow a beard, deepen their voice/ top surgery to remove breast tissue etc to mimic the appearance of a man because they lol claim to feel like a man wrapped in a woman's body. They go on dating sites meant for gay men and when we as gay men refuse to date a biological woman with a vagina who happened to look like a man they attack us as being trans-phobic. No, I like men like myself with a full package and just because you feel like a man doesn't make you one and doesn't mean you force others or shame them into dating you, specially gay men. The trans community needs to understand that NOT everyone is interested in their little dress up/ make belief world. Some of us REAL gay men and REAL female Lesbians want to be with and are attracted to ONLY OUR same CIS gender.Whenever I comment on the fact that I wouldn't date a FTM because they don't have the right "equipment" I get jumped on and most gays/lesbians in my community feel the same way but are weary of voicing their opinion because of how aggressive the trans community is. FTM's do not have a penis -- and if they do..It's surgically created and becomes erect with a pump. Don't get me wrong.. I have no problems with transmen, however, for me, it probably isn't compatible. I don't see how that's shallow. Trans people are extremely intolerant and close-minded(and even hateful) themselves specially when you tell them that you are NOT attracted to them because you are GAY NOT trans and not bi.

• People come in many different forms.

Of course transgender people have been around since the beginning of the human race as well as homosexuals.It's not a mind blowing thing unless you make it.People always have and always will come in many different forms this is a natural occurrence.Why does it matter so much?At the end of the day who cares and why?There are much more important things going on in the environment then what somebody has between their legs!

>