Are vape pens just as unhealthy as other smoking products (i.e. cigarettes, cigars)?

Asked by: letslearn41
  • You guys don't do your research lol

Just because "they help smokers stop smoking" doesn't mean they do. There was a test for a year in 4 different countries. 85% of them said that using a vape pen would stop. Over 6-12 months the people who planned the experiment interviewed them and almost all of them claimed that they went back to smoking traditional cigs. Also just because it has nicotine in it doesn't mean that it is much better because a Lung Specialist in Indianapolis, Irina Petrache, has discovered in 2014 that both traditional and e-cigs both damage lung tissue. And Nicotine is a drug naturally found in a tobacco plant itself. Yes, you think that it would be better since you don't light it to create smoke, but you heat it up to create vapor which is still inhaled in your system. Also, the flavoring in some of the juices can be harmful too even tho it's just flavoring. The only way that it can be safe is making your own juice without nicotine by adding VG (vegetable glycerin) and natural extract. :)

• Yes, vaporizers will ultimately be deemed unhealthy.

This is a debatable question, because there aren't studies now about vape pens to know whether or not they will be deemed safe. However, it's important to keep in mind that e-cigarettes' liquids often contain chemicals that HAVE been deemed harmful, such as addictive nicotine, and the concentration can be far higher in an e-cigarette. Just because the manufacturers claim they are safe, it doesn't mean a thing. We must remember that the cigarette industry also claimed the same thing about lung-cancer causing cigarettes. The government HAS tested liquids for e-cigarettes, finding that they contain toxic chemicals, and the FDA has warned against their use.

• I think no

We still don't about health effects but the antivaping propaganda is the most ridiculous. Vaping is not just for nicotine consumption. Medicines and supplements can be vaped which is recommended by supportive doctors(especially ones against nicotine). I just started vaping to administer hemp CBD for my chronic migraines in hope my Excedrin use cuts down.
    Though never a regular smoker, I could still feel the hot burning smoke and reduce my breathing. Vapor doesn't affect my breathing and the vapor is cold. The only times I feel painful burning are dry hits. The dry hits are the majority of carcinogens because dry hits are technically smoke. Dry hits become easy to manage eventually.
    About the e-liquids, the ingredients harmfulness are blown out of proportion. The ingredients are used in food. The propylene gycol everyone says is antifreeze, it is used in soda, ice cream, cakes etc. Inhalation of the ingredients? Those ingredients are used in aerosolized pharmaceuticals and drugs. Diacetyl however should be excluded and some manufacturers avoid diacetyl.
    Big tobacco don't care about consumers so little vape don't care either? The vape industry is made of small businesses and customer satisfaction is a top priority. Pissed off customers can bankrupt small business. Big tobacco and big pharma will always make money whether they have customers or not.
    If these corrupt politicians ban vaping, people will go back to tobacco. If the FDA regulates vaping as tobacco, businesses will close and big tobacco will acquire vaping. If big tobacco acquires vaping, we're screwed. I was always more right wing but I realized eventually both sides are causing big government.

• Vaping Is a Great Benefit

• Vape pens not even a little

Vape pens leave behind all the harmful toxins that cigarettes, and cigars have in them. Vape pens are way healthier than cigarette, cigars, weed, marajana, etc. They are hight in noting but would you rather put in chemicals and toxins in you bodyis or would you rather not have those chemicals and toxins in your body Wichita is exactly what vape pens will help you with they don't have harmful toxins or chemicals in them that could lead to cancer like weed, cigars, and cigarettes have in them. You get my point vape pens are not harmful

• Much much healthier

Yes nicotine in high concentrations can be dangerous and yes SOME juices contain things such as acetyl propionyl and diacetyl, but there are also those that don't. Zero nicotine, vegetable glycerin, propylene glycol, and food flavoring are not deemed harmful. These simple products go into health products and daily food products. Cigarettes contain thousands of chemicals vs the possibility of maybe 4-6? I don't know about you but I'll take vaping over cigarettes anyday. Side note vape pens and e cigs are different technologies. E cigs are similar in size and shape of cigarettes hence the term cigalikes. Vape pens on the other hand are refillable and have different sizes, shapes, colors, tanks, wicks, atomizers, and some are variable setting devices.

• Dropping some knowledge!

So the main thing I've seen or heard is the claim that nicotine In vape pens is addictive and printing the use if nicotine in minors. However nicotine in itself is not as highly addictive as they say it is. Basically it's about the same risk of getting addicted to caffeine. And as far as health goes yes if ingested nicotine can harm us, but, they make zero nicotine juices. Other than that diacetyl and acetyl propionyl are the only ingredients in ejuice shown to have negative effects on us and that's along with long term use. With that being said they also make juices without those chemicals meaning that without nicotine only propylene glycol, glycerol/vegetable glycerin, and food flavoring are used. Those are things that are in food products and health products alike. Vaping in my own personal opinion is not only healthier but also less expensive in the long run.

• They Are Healthier

Vape pens are decidedly healthier than smoking other tobacco products. For one example, vapor pens so not emit tar, so users to not inhale tar unlike those users of cigarettes and cigars. Other toxins that exist in traditional tobacco products are also absent from vapor pens. They are much healthier than the alternatives.

• Vape pens are healthy.

Vaporizer pens are for the most part healthy. They do not contain all of the harmful chemicals that other smoking products such as cigarettes and cigars do. They are much healthier to use that is why they are promoted for those who are attempting to quit smoking. They arent dangerous to your health.

>