Are zero tolerance policies in schools fair?

Asked by: vekoma123
  • Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesv yes

• Yes i think they should be allowed to hand out zeros

I'm in grade 8 and i have to do an essay on this topic. I think that they should be allowed for many reasons:if they are just failing school with 30s on average and they get that grade in grade 12, They will end up on the streets because there first job when there boss tells them to write something or do something that week;they will say"i didn't do anything because i was to tired and i did not want to do it. " FIRED! They will obviously get fired(or given a second chance). And if they don't give out zeros it will make them not self reliant in the real world. Lets say that some how one of these kids makes it through adult hood and gets married; the wife/husband tells him/her to go get the groceries and he/she say's"OK, I will do it later, I promise. " And that following night he still did not get the groceries. This happens hundreds of times throughout there marige and get a divorce because of that and then the man/women gets sent out to the streets. For my final, And there are hundreds more reasons, But for my final reason is that it makes students more careless about what they have to do in the real world and that could possibly make them rely on stealing food and water and probably get caught the first time. I'm basically an honour student and i know that you should have too get zeros. (zeros are my motivation) if i get zeros i hate that feeling it makes me very sad and i don't want to see that again so the next time i work harder. My best friend is failing school, And the worst part is that zeros are like an 75% to me. (i will cry if i get under 73% on a test. (especially math and science). Hope that some people that are failing school could maybe motivate them.

• No because................... .

It depends because if it's something minor then of course not. If it's something like bullying then heck no. But it's not right to have it totally no second chances. Kids can learn from their mistakes but punishing them the first time is not how to do it... ... ...