Bailout of US automakers: Are the US autos important to America's sense of identity?

• American cars are important to the United States' sense of identity.

American cars are important to the United States' sense of identity. When people buy American cars, they are supporting their fellow American brothers and sisters that have spent hours working on that car and getting it delivered to you. They are also iconic cars, like the Mustang or the Corvette.

• Yes they are important.

Even though I do not agree with the bailout of US automakers, I have to say that US autos are very important to America's sense of identity. We have long associated places like Detroit (The Motor City) with American car companies. If these companies were not around it would affect America's identity.

• Fuck the greedy automakers

If I have a company and I made bad financial decisions then my business deserves to go down the drain, The big three should be no different, However if they make good or great financial decisions then good for them if I can’t get a bailout for my company neither should they

>