• Why Should I Not?

One should always be proud of his or her heritage. To be able to appreciate their family history is a privilege. Your heritage is something that can never be taken from you, And you should be proud of who you are. Many people have rich cultural heritages, And whether you like it or not, You cannot truly dismiss or hide your heritage.

• Yes, Society thrives on competition.

Humans are naturally competitive animals, A sense of belonging or identification to a group helps build a shared connection between all those in that group. Although seen as primitive, Tribalism is the root and stem of modern society, We band together to face our common enemies, Be they hunger, Winter, Disease, Or another group. Many great accomplishments have been achieved historically due to this sense of tribal identity. Mongol incursions into Northern China triggered the building of the Great Wall, A feat that would most likely not have occurred if societal identity was weak amongst the Chinese people. Heritage is similar to cultural tribalism, People tend to identify with being a certain race or ethnicity, A person's heritage can inspire a sense of pride in one's country, Which is vital to modern social economics. Without a competitive drive, Countries would falter and fail, Yet when faced with being overtaken in a certain field, People tend to want to increase their effort, This is an evolutionary adaptation, As the more competitive organisms of a population would be more likely to survive and pass on their genes. Heritage lends a sense of belonging, Security and kinship where otherwise, We would be a collectivist culture of strangers.

• Being proud of who we are

I believe we should accept our past weather it was great or dull. People should not forget their heritage as they are known by it. I feel proud when people talk about my heritage. My heritage is the reason behind me being different from others. Different culture, Language makes me you I am otherwise I would have been same as the 7 billion people in the world.

• Pride is a good/healthy thing and like the others said W H Y N O T

Nfdsjs nsKJFSFHS F SHSJ SDHFSJH ohhfdhg kjg j gfdkg kg kg dfjgfdg rgg gk g ijg j gejgklj;g jrkgj jigjrkjg ljrgiojg r ijjksjgn skkj s gg g f es f gtr yj uju kgjghk kdha;lrohoj gfsjhriehuj olekijbhv aiebhsvdj ejifhrdvfdj aierhdfj sfijrkghnf sujkfjdcieueyhf poiubgjf ajszsadw pojwiefksdlzx pke;osrjld OLKWJADBHCNZMJSDEHRBFV HSJEIRGBJiujg lsierudjhvcd ;loiuygnfdsjs nsKJFSFHS F SHSJ SDHFSJH ohhfdhg kjg j gfdkg kg kg dfjgfdg rgg gk g ijg j gejgklj;g jrkgj jigjrkjg ljrgiojg r ijjksjgn skkj s gg g f es f gtr yj uju kgjghk kdha;lrohoj gfsjhriehuj olekijbhv aiebhsvdj ejifhrdvfdj aierhdfj sfijrkghnf sujkfjdcieueyhf poiubgjf ajszsadw pojwiefksdlzx pke;osrjld OLKWJADBHCNZMJSDEHRBFV HSJEIRGBJiujg lsierudjhvcd ;loiuyg

• Why not? ? ?

Jnfdsjs nsKJFSFHS F SHSJ SDHFSJH ohhfdhg kjg j gfdkg kg kg dfjgfdg rgg gk g ijg j gejgklj;g jrkgj jigjrkjg ljrgiojg r ijjksjgn skkj s gg g f es f gtr yj uju kgjghk kdha;lrohoj gfsjhriehuj olekijbhv aiebhsvdj ejifhrdvfdj aierhdfj sfijrkghnf sujkfjdcieueyhf poiubgjf ajszsadw pojwiefksdlzx pke;osrjld OLKWJADBHCNZMJSDEHRBFV HSJEIRGBJiujg lsierudjhvcd ;loiuyg

• I don't understand what's there to pride in heritage of mine?

I really can't see any reason to be proud of something not only that we have no control over, But also something that is totally neutral! Like, I'm sure there has been many awesome people who happened to be more than one races which it's called biracial, But I'm equally sure there's been many murderers, Rapists, Thieves, Animal abusers, Etc. Who also happened to be biracial, So why consider it an honour to be born that way?

None of us alive today contributed anything to the history of our race, Country, Or culture. . . So what the fuck is there to be proud of? Nothing.

• Why Should I Be?

I am not attacking those who are proud of their heritage. If you are proud of your heritage, Good for you. I personally don't see any value in being proud of my heritage. In my point of view, Pride is a feeling that should be earned through effort and hard work. Pride is the result of achieving a goal that an individual or group has put for themselves. Pride is not the result of the chance of being born in a certain place, To certain people, At a certain time. I don't think to myself every once in a while, "Gee, I am so proud be be Irish-American. I feel so much pride from that. My Irish ancestors were so cool for being. . . Irish. "
    Now I understand why people might be proud for their ancestors accomplishing something great, But for simply being born in a certain country, I just don't understand.