Can a feminist and anti-feminist be good friends in real life or online?

Asked by: Batmangeek75
  • Politics should not dictate friendship

When I say friendship I mean a mutual love and respect for the other person when I say love I mean like how God loves us with transformative love God loves us and so challenges us to grow as people and become more holy it is the same for people if say I believe that a woman's place is in the home and along comes my friend who is a feminist and she doesn't like me saying that then she kindly and respectfully challenges me and I challenge her back in that moment we are loving each other because we think we are right but we are not name calling or belittling the other we are just challenging the other to be better and who knows you might be wrong and otherwise not have known you could both be wrong and the truth is closer to the center who knows?

• Could a black person and a Nazi be friends?

This seems like a no-brainer but this political issue is too polarizing for people with opposing beliefs to be good friends in a meaningful way. Being "friends" with a stranger on the internet shouldn't be conflated with the real thing. If you habitually associate with someone who has radical repressive views, It's likely because you're secretly intrigued by their positions or just want to know what makes them tick at the very least.