• Yeah I vote yes

Pugs are small, cute, innocent and unsuspecting. They could easily be trained as an undercover police dog. They have big eyes so they can spot trouble where ever it occurs. They can bite the ankles of the robber that is running away instead of mauling them to death. Pugs are definitely less lethal and more effective.

• They would fit in with the force!

They would be a great candidate as the regular offices like to take naps in their police car and eat donuts all the time. These are some of the pugs favorite activities. If some crime were to occur the pug is always on high alert and would be able to take control of the situation.

• Who needs a German Shepard when you have a pug

Some people argue that there sniffers aren’t good but in just 30 minutes I taught my pug to find a scent like peanut butter since I was just teaching him and alert me. Some people also said they don’t have muscle bu my pug has more muscle than I do. Some people also said that they are to small but they can use there smallness as an advantage by crawling under things like fences

• I think pugs could be great police officers

I think pugs could be great police dogs because the real police officer could train the police dog to steal the gun from the bad guy so it can't kill the police officer or the dog so that's why I think pugs could be great police dogs hope you enjoyed

• Pugs should be used as service dogs.

I think that pugs should be used as service dogs because, They are just as good as other breeds. They can be trained the same, So they can do the same things other dogs can such as, The most common service dog the German Shepard. They can be just as helpful

• Police need pugs

Yes because Pugs have good smell,are easy to train,can fit through small gaps, are small,and the criminal will never suspect a pug as a Police dog!! ! , ! , ! , ! ,! ,! ,! ,! ,! ,! ,! . . . . , . . . . .

• Good Sniffers, Small Package

Pugs probably couldn't be killer attack dogs, but their sniffers could possibly be used to detect drugs and people. Any dog can be a police dog as long as they are trainable and can accurately sense different smells with their noses. Pugs are smaller than German shepherds and can fit in a squad car easier, plus they eat less. Just watch out for their eyes that stick out.

• Pugs have good senses

Many pugs have a very strong sense of smell. Pugs are very trainable and have good memory. Pugs are able to identify many unique smells. Pugs also can help with work that requires a detective to go undercover. Pugs can be used to make someone look less threatening and approachable.

• No, despite all the cuteness

Cute as they are, pugs can't serve as police dogs. They are simply not strong enough. Due to their short muzzle, pugs quickly get out of breath. If you've had a pug or know someone who has one, you have probably seen how a pug starts panting even after a short walk.

• No, Pugs can not be police dogs.

No pugs can not be police dogs, They do not have as good as a nose as German shepherds and blood hounds and some other dogs. And the training is not easy, And pugs just do not have what it takes to be a police dogs. They are cute but its to much for them.

• Better candidates available

Pugs aren't terrible, but there are simply better dogs. You could instead use basset hounds, beagles, spaniels, hounds, terriers, and other breeds that are more active, bred specifically for scenting, could also be trained to attack and more effectively, and also look just as cute and unsuspecting. As adorable as pugs are, they just aren't the best police dogs.

• Pugs are to cute

You will not beable to see your pug very often because they will be at the police academey until your sister or brother comes home form the academey which is there work place and you will not be able to see your cute little pug and that is why I say no

• Sorry, but no.

Pugs are adorable. Pugs are definitely my favorite dog breed, but in all seriousness, they are way too small. Pugs just aren't built to be police dogs. They would look so cute in the uniform, though! I need to go dress my pug in one right this very second! ZOEY!