• Depends on what you do about it.

Fact is, nobody is perfect. Everyone has thought about doing things that go against their god. Thing is, it's what you do and intend to do that makes the difference. To the best of my knowledge, the bible does not say that it's bad to be attracted to the same sex, just that it's wrong to act on that attraction. Same thing with the laws of man. If someone had thoughts of killing people every day but never acted on those thoughts, they would never be charged with murder much less suffer the penalty. Look, just because your homo or bisexual does not mean your required to sleep with someone of the same sex. You could just be abstinent. Sure, many people slip up and act on impure thoughts but if your sorry for your act and don't intend to repeat it, you can be forgiven.

• Who cares what the Bible says?

Of course you CAN be LGBTQ and Christian! Yeah, sure, the Bible gives some dubious guidelines as to how to treat gay people or the punishment they "deserve", but so what? We can dismiss and sweep it all under the rug as with any other inconvenient Bible verses. Problem solved.

• Yes, Be your own person!

Yes of course you can! Those who are very politically opinionated (who's voices tend to be the loudest) segment society into stereotypical groups. For example, if you are a vegetarian it "must" mean that you are "tree-hugging", anti-gun, democratic, pro-choice …. And it goes on and on. The opinionated tend to separate homosexuals and the religious. I say life is a la cart when it comes to our beliefs!

At my church there are plenty of gay Mormons. Christ has so many teaching that can improve people's lives. Each one is meant to improve our happiness now here in this life. Even if you choose to skip just one of his teachings, there's still so much to get out of all the rest.

Even if homosexuality is considered a "sin", turns out that everyone else going to church has their own sins as well. The point of church is that those who go are not perfect, but go to get something more out of their lives.

• Didn't God make you that way?

You can't control who you're attracted to, or your gender identity. I'm not particularly knowledgeable in Christian beliefs, but as far as I'm aware, they believe God made every person the way they're supposed to be. And if being gay or trans or otherwise LGBTQ is a sin, why would God make you like that?

• God made you this way

If God had a great feeling of hate for homosexuals (or other LGBTQI) then why would he have made some people gay, although the bible does talk about homosexuality being gay and it being a sin - we need to understand that A. That was stated in the context of the time period in which people were killed for being gay consistently in even the most modern societies, and B. Jesus died for all our sins... Lets have a look at some other sins that many Christians still commit - Accusing, fearing to confess Jesus, unjustified Anger, anger with family, being anxious, being arrogant, bitterness, BEING AGAINST A CHILD OF GOD (WHICH GAYS ALL ARE), JUDGING GOD'S SERVANTS, NOT RECEIVING A CHILD OF GOD, PERSECUTING A CHILD OF GOD, SPEAKING AGAINST GOD'S CHILDREN.... My point is - the bible states that lying with a man is a sin... But it also says that we are all made in GOD'S IMAGE... Whether you are gay, straight, a murderer, a drug dealer, whatever.

- Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin."

• Well then, Damn

I guess we can be Christian as well, there is nothing stopping us and as the B, I can say that I am an atheist, I do not care about this. But I do believe that you can be both. Otherwise, well then, I guess we're ALL going to hell. See you all there!

• They are compatible

Religion changes as society changes. How many reformations have there been since the beginning of christianity. Religious belief should fit our society and not the other way round. We also need to create a more accepting and tolerant society for LGBTQ folks and this is a big part of that. Religion changes furthermore how can you argue that it says in the Bible homosexuality is a sin when the Bible is full of things which aren't taken seriously and itself is an allegorical book. If you believe that then do you also believe in creationism?? The Bible is full of errors and lack of truth so I have no time for people who cherry pick things to take literally. Also jesus was gay. It says in the bible that he rode an ass.

• Hell yes you can

Don't give these fundamentalists on the right side your time of day. The Bible does say that being gay is wrong, but this was written in a time very different from today. Read your Bible naysayers: Romans 2:2, James 4:12, John 8:7, Leviticus 20:10, Romans 3:23. In Leviticus it says that all who commit adultery should be stoned. What did Jesus do? He said you who are without sin, throw the first stone. There is not one person that has ever lived (except Jesus) is free of sin. Coincidentally, some of these comments remind me of the Pharisees which Jesus did NOT agree with. In fact, my man JC showed these guys their flaws ALL the time. Read Matthew 23 because these religious hypocrites could not hide from the real deal and Jesus sets it straight. In short, only GOD CAN JUDGE us - not these people telling you "I HATE LGBT" because that is definitely NOT Christianity. Why? Well because above anything else, Christianity is a religion about LOVE. 1 John 4:8 ! Like I said, they haven't studied their Bibles, or maybe they just weren't paying attention. Let's bring up another point: all sins are equal in the eyes of God. That means every time anyone has lied, cheated, stole that's EQUAL to any sin you can possibly commit. This is because God's nature is the opposite of sin - He detests it so much he can't bring a "little bit" in. It's as different as black and white. To support this, here's an excerpt from belief net.Com: "Are all sins equal in God’s eyes?” The answer is yes, because God is holy therefore there is not a varying degree of sin as it relates to The Almighty. His pure, loving, sinless nature is always going to see sin as sin and equally detestable in His sight. Jesus came to take away all of the sins of the world, not just the really bad ones. All sin is intolerable to God."

So yeah, being gay is "wrong" and so is me speaking at church (1 Corinthians 14:34) but if I have something to say you bet I'm going to say it.

• God Loves Every Single One of His Children

Anyone who is a christian knows that God loves everyone of his children the same. Where we see sin as who has sinned more, he sees it all equally. Some people "may not" be able to help it, which I myself do not understand, but God he understands everything, and every move we make. We all sin, and as it states in

1Corinthians 6:9-11
    Or do you know that the wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor men who have sex with men, 10 nor theives, nor the greedy, nor the drunkards, nor slanderers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 AND THAT IS WHAT SOME OF YOU WERE. BUT YOU WERE WASHED, YOU WERE SANCTIFIED, YOU WERE JUSTIFIED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND BY THE SPIRIT OF OUR GOD.

See, all of us sin, but we are washed clean by the blood of Christ.

• Being gay is not a choice therefore it is not a sin.

Leviticus 18:22 says that you cannot have sexual relationships within a homosexual relationship, so as long as it doesn't turn into that it is fine.
    Homosexuality is not a choice so God couldn't make it a sin, simple as that. If it is proved that it is not a choice, then I change to you cant be gay, but so far there is surpassing evidence in favor of me

• The bible is against homosexuality

It's like asking, "Can someone not eat vegan and be an animal lover?". While there is nothing wrong with being gay and non vegan(this is debatable, the vegans won on facts), they disqualify you from being things such as a Christian or an animal lover.

Since the bible has denounced homosexuality multiple times, when has it ever supported homosexuality?

Posted by: asta
  • Leviticus 20:13 Gays put to death.

King James Bible
    "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

You cannot be both both gay and Christian.

Jude
    "7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Gays are to be put to death and suffer eternal fire.

Https://biblehub.Com/kjv/jude/1.Htm

• Gays are evil

God created humans to be perfect. Being gay completely goes against this and it is a crime against humanity. Imagine banging a boy, pulling your dick out and it being covered in shit. Imagine the horror. Any gays should jump off of a cliff into a fiery inferno. I HATE LGBT

• According to the Bible No. According to Modern Society Yes.

While the Bible strictly prohibits any kind of Homosexual behavior, modern society has deemed it necessary to change this rule, to make way for a more, "Progressive Utopia." So yes, you can be Homosexual and a Christian... According to today's societal structure. I doubt people would say the same about Homesexual Christians 50 to 100 years ago, much less 20 years or 10 years ago, when compared to today's political landscape.

• 'and their foolish heart was darkened".

The most common argument put forth by those who believe that homosexual men and women and those who believe they are something other than male or female is that the use of the term "strange flesh" is referring to that of angels and not that of humans.

Romans 1:18-32 (KJV) This chapter is quite clear on the matter.

• Your actions represent your faith.

If you're truly a Christian, then you know very well that truth is also love. Today, although it's a very sensitive topic, people don't mind the things you're doing if it "makes you happy" and "you're not hurting anyone". People say that's love, accepting how people are. As a Christian, I believe love is also truth.

IF you care about someone, you will guide them when they need it. If they're doing something that is hurting them but they can't stop doing so, you instinctively do something about it. You don't let them do so because it makes them happy, it just hurts them. I believe this is the same. Look, you can respect the people, you should do so. If they want to do this, that's their choice, we shouldn't force our beliefs into them; but hear me when I say this: We shouldn't promote it. Medically, it creates problems. Socially, it can also create problems, but above all things, if you're a Christian, you know it is not natural. I'm not an expert in this, hopefully i'll learn more about it as I look into the subject more, but I think the obvious things are clear.

• Eclesiastes 7:29 It is only in the mind of men that mekes them gay.

9Only this have I found: I have discovered that God made men upright, but they have sought out many schemes.”

God made men upright. It is only the men sought of many schemes. God made only man and woman. There is no gay. Actually gays cannot attain salvation

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.…

• Being Christian requires a person follow God's standards of right and wrong.

1 Corinthians 6: 9-11

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

You will notice that this scriptures alludes to the fact that some of Jesus early followers did practice homosexuality at one point, but it is stated in the past tense. This shows that in order to inherit the Kingdom of God they had to make changes and stop practicing homosexuality. The same standard hold true today.

If you want to be Christian you cannot continue to practice homosexuality. Just as you cannot continue to be a drunkard, a thief, a liar, or someone who has sex with anyone other than your spouse.

• You cannot embrace being a part of the LGBTQ community if you are Christian.

God specifically states several times in The Bible that it is unnatural and a sin to be with someone of the same sex. Even though he does show it as a grave sin, it is important to not overstate how wrong it truly is. It is equivalent to any other sin, and being gay is essentially just as sinful in God's eyes as lust. I won't deny that God does create some people with those desires, but as a Christian that person must recognize that it is wrong to act on those desires or relish them. If you truly are gay and are Christian, you might have to give up having a relationship with someone and getting married, for that would be directly going against what The Bible says. As long as you repent and constantly battle that side with prayer and self control, it shouldn't get in the way of your relationship with God. This being said, as a Christian you also should not persecute people who are a part of the LGBTQ community, as that is also wrong.

• Loving Everybody means to accept a moral persons belief.

My upbringing taught me that marriage is between a man and a woman as well as bringing in a child into the world.
    I believe that it is wrong and not Christian if you are gay. The LGBT culture states "we should love everybody". Then why are they so angry and hateful to people who will not accept their immoral behavior or allow their beliefs to be jammed down our throats? It is like they expect and demand we accept them instead of accepting our belief.

2far4u2CharlesDarwin says2018-06-17T01:26:17.043
When your kind and you treat people kind you get treated in kind . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqKG7TLAnDw
2far4u2CharlesDarwin says2018-06-17T01:28:40.017
Peace be with you. For a loveless life is a pointless life
2far4u2CharlesDarwin says2018-06-17T21:20:07.563
2 commandments, love thy neighbour as thy self and do onto another what you would have them do onto you. Where and when did judge and you will be judged get mixed up with vengeance is the good lords?
>