Conscientious objections of pharmacists to emergency contraception: Should pharmacists be able to object to giving plan B pills?

• That's thei choice, but...

I think a pharmacist has the right to say they won't give the plan B pill, but I think there has to be at least one pharmacist available who will give the drug at all times. People are entitled to their beliefs but I don't think they should affect what other people do.

• Of course they should be allowed to refuse.

It just also means that they should quit and find another career. A pharmacist's entire job is dispensing prescribed medication. If someone can't do that, then they can't be a pharmacist. Pharmacists should be allowed ZERO discretion. When they validate the script, they fill the bottle and they give it to the patient. Period.

• Pharmecists Should Not Be Able to Object to Plan B

No, pharmacists should not be able to object to Plan B pills any more so than a pharmacist should be able to object to doling out insulin for a diabetic individual. A pharmacist's job is to hand out medication, not to worry about the moral implications of that medication's use.

>