• He definitely did

My stance on the death penalty is a rather complicated one. I do not believe it should be given out as commonly as it (especially in states like Texas), However in the case of Bundy, Where the number of victim possibly reaches into three digits, He deserves to die. Bundy was fully aware what he was doing, And it was known that he was responsible for all of the atrocities. So in a case like Bundy. The death penalty is deserved.

• He committed crimes in MULTIPLE states

First off, He committed the murders in MULTIPLE states: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Flordia, California and possibly in more states. Out of those states, Only two of them were able to bring him to trial: Utah and Flordia. Utah only sentenced him to a year to 16 years in prison and while his Colorado case was pending, He escaped and headed to Flordia, Where he killed again. Even if he was sentenced to life with the possibility of parole, He would try everything that he would think of in order to be eligible for parole in 25-30 years, So with his criminal history, The only sentence that was suitable for him was death.

• Yes he deserved to die.

He was a sadistic murderer that had no mercy at all for his victims, So what obliges any society to extend him something he did not have for others. He would of been a constant threat, Were he kept alive & as he had made several other successful escapes in the past. Who's to say he wouldn't of done so again. Ted is exactly on of the types of criminals that we can justify executing.

• He absolutely deserved the death penalty.

Ted Bundy was a horrible serial killer and rapist, by his own admission, responsible for the deaths of dozens of young women and girls. He escaped prison twice and continued his killing afterwards. If ever there was a justifiable, and necessary based on his escapes, case for the death penalty, it was certainly Ted Bundy.

• What is the rate of retaliation of first degree violence?

As I've come across this person's life. I have noticed that he has committed: Crime, rape, torture, and violence. What makes the people who think that he deserves to live and survive? I don't think any idea can support the fact that this guy has killed some people and is a murderer is allowed to live. No he is not allowed to live because he grabbed some one Else's life. Then you die too.

• Kind Of Seems Obvious

That is unless one just does not support the death penalty. That is a good explanation as to why this might be a question. Make Ted Bundy suffer in prison the rest of his life for all the atrocities he committed. The evidence is pretty overwhelming of all the violent acts he committed. The death penalty seems to have murdered the right guy on this one.

• Yes he did

Yes, I do think that this man deserved the death penalty for the crimes that he committed. This man was a true criminal, and no matter what he was never going to act straight. Also, the crime that he committed was truly bad, so he needed to pay for it with his life.

• He deserved it. . . But

I believe that with time and help from Liz to try and convince him, He might have cooperated with police and led them to the locations of his victims bodies so they could have a proper burial, As well as the immense knowledge we would have gained from studying his psyche to know the signs and help people before they would get to the point of where Ted did.

• No I do not think so

I do not think ted deserved the death penalty, Yes he committed savage and horrific crimes against women including 2 12 year old girls but I often think of his family particularly his mother who must have felt so much pain and ridicule for what her son did. My older brother was executed by the state in 2005 for a horrific murder (I won't talk about the ordeal here) and I had immense sadness over why he would do such a thing and I still loved my brother to the end. My reason against the death penalty is that it will always just cause more pain for another family that doesn't deserve it.

• I usually am a pro-death sentence but not in this case

Killers and rapists have been walking this Earth for ages, Since the beginning of humanity. But there are cases, Like this one, In which the murderer/rapist wasn't born to kill but designed by some sort of mental illness or tragedy that had occurred in his/her life. In these cases, I think the best approach would be to sentence him/her not just to prison but to a mental health facility as well. As for the kind that has no illness or past trauma, Without a doubt in my mind I would sentence them to death. Those are people that love to kill/rape without a spec of not just remorse but humanity in general. Unlike Ted who has said that he wanted to be a good person, Even though he was not. Also to add his on the list of reasons why he didn't deserve the penalty is the fact that he was incredibly intelligent. He would have been unimaginably useful for society if he had lived. People at least could've had the chance to learn something about the psyche of a serial killer who was unfathomably smart.

• Who are we to decide who lives and dies? His humanity lived within his love for Liz.

Being kept in prison, He was not a threat to anyone, Even when secluded with other individuals. His love for Liz kept him sane to a certain degree, And reminded him or where he was. When he released her from her guilt, It showed how he was capable of knowing right from wrong, And did something humane for her. Killing him wasn't the right thing to do. The change of one part of this case, Which ever it may be, Could've led to a different outcome. One did he deserve to die but the next person shouldn't. How do we hold the power to choose who lives and who dies depending on your outlook of the person.

• He Deserved it but we could have learnt so much more from him

Did he deserve the death penalty for his crimes? Yes probably, He committed great evil and ripped apart the lives of over 30 beautiful young women and their poor families. But I believe the death penalty is wrong, Two wrongs don’t make a right. Bundy could have been studied and we could have learned so much more about him and his psychology which could have potentially saved the lives of so many more people.

• Imma say no

Ok, So yes bundy killed and raped 30 and possibly more women, But the man was intelligent. Cops even admitted at one point in time that if he would have stopped killing, They wouldn’t have been able to find him. If Ted bunny would’ve been alive today, With the medicine and knowledge we have on mental health, Bundy may have been able to get some help, And maybe even turn the tables and end up helping humanity. Yes bundy had an amazing brain, With a couple flaws that influenced his decision making. Honestly I wish he was still alive so I could talk to him. He really did seem like a cool guy to me. He just needed help and couldn’t find any

• The death penalty is barbaric

4% of those on death row in the USA alone are innocent, and that may not seem like much, but is that not a violation of human freedom? To kill innocent people? That is not to say Ted Bundy did not indeed do horrible things, but something like the death penalty has the potential for abuse, and for the same reasons we don't have torture. If you are going to look at the constitution, citizens of the USA have a right not to be subjected to cruel or unusual punishment, and if you look at the way people are executed it is insanely cruel as many people go through agonizing pain before death, or have their death rescheduled from it not working. Again, 4% are innocent, how do we justify this torture and cruelty against innocent people for the sake of killing people who in many cases have mental illnesses (which is another topic when we are talking about innocence, and how responsible they truly are for their actions, and if they are able to be rehabilitated). If we had a perfect system that was perfectly able to know who is indeed guilty/not guilty and by what degree they can be rehabilitated then perhaps Bundy did indeed deserve to die. But to be devils advocate, Bundy once saved a child from drowning...It seems rather dehumanising to say "he was evil, he deserved it" and say "well he admitted to it being wrong" than understanding how someone kills and rapes 30 women with absolute apathy, that is not normal behavior, and I would favor that perhaps there were some underlying trauma causing this huge dissociation from fellow humans

• No! Just no!

Death Penalty is a sin and a serious crime against humanity! Nobody in this world must be executed!!
    And Ted was a very clever and talented person - he could be useful for society being in the prison!
    Moreover he was sick. He made his horrible crimes because of his severe mental illness! And execution of ILL person is real savagery! So I have a question - WHO is a REAL monster - he or persons who killed him?!

• Death is not beneficiary to anyone

Would killing Mr. Bundy come with a positive result to anyone? Sure, the victim's families can obtain a sense of closure by having Ted no longer living nor breathing. By keeping Bundy alive one could learn about his disease, what caused his disposition, and also how to avoid people like him in the future. The death penalty in general is in no way justifiable, death is the utmost penalty in our government today but no matter who is being put on death roll, no one deserves to die, it is simply inhumane.

• No, I dont think so

He is not all there in the head. I think we can learn a lot from people like him and maybe one day actually solve these kinds of issues before they are happening. If you study them, maybe just maybe, a cure or a pill can calm them down, so they don't hurt others.