• Yes, to get smarter.

Kids need more homework because they will get smarter and with less homework kids won't understand how to do something the right way. Some teachers give kids more homework to see how much kids know about what they are teaching to the kids and to see if they need help.

• Absolutely students need more homework.

The youth of today definitely needs more homework. What good it will do, I have no idea. It doesn't seem to matter what you do with these kids today. They are just not capable of being as intelligent as the foreigners that are taken over this country. When was the last time you saw a doctor that was born in the U.S.? That's because our kids need more homework, so they can become doctors.

• Yess they should

Do i really need to explain why we need more homework, Homework sucks but as a middle schooler we need it. I also think homework and in class work are the exact same, So yes I do want more homework. And homework helps us comprehend. Theres no reason for people to complain about homework *shrug*

• Then kids will remember what they did in school

If they don't have homework then they will never remember what they did in class and they will forget what they did tomorrow. Also they grow responsibility if they have to do work on their own. Also they grow smarter, my son's grades have gone from when he didn't do his homework a d and while doing his homework he got an 1+

• More homework; No laggers

Many Children are incredible laggers in their lessons because THEY AREN'T LISTENING!!! Well listen to this! By not listening, you're driving your teachers crazy making you understand things. And if your teachers are teaching you something that's based off something you learnt 5 grades ago and you don't know the thing you learnt 5 GRADES AGO, you'll be losing friends by the baker's dozen. So, yes, more homework!

• Students need back breaking homework

Every child from 1st grade through 12th needs to get their butts in gear and study just like the kids in Japan. Instead, we have lazy kids that spend all their times playing Minecraft and talk on stupid smart phones. I also think think their school times should be extended to 9-12 hours a day with extra homework that will take them until 2AM every night. And for the "No" responses, every single one must of been written by some 8-year old brat whom complains about getting one page of homework every night. Suck it up and WORK!!!!

• Students need more homework

Because kids always muck around after school and get way to addicted to the Internet sometimes they even distracts the parents by annoying them or end up watching to. They will learn much more and homework wont be that challenging because you've probably done it before overall you will get better grades and you got better chance to outsmart your teacher In conclusion teachers should giver homework

• Need more homework

Having homework benefits students, because it helps students to understand the topic better so that they are not confused when there is a test. Also, if there is no homework then kids will probably not pay attention in class, knowing that they will not have to do homework. When that happens they will probably go home to do things that distract them from their learning. Studies show that when you have homework, you are more likely to understand a concept of what you are learning better than having no homework. Also, Homework Assignments help facilitate a student’s knowledge in specific things.

• Yes we do

• Homework is absolute

The first benefit of homework is that it allows students and teachers to work more closely together. They can discuss their assignments or any problems that they are having with parts of their textbooks, before or after classes.

The second benefit is that it can bring families closer together as students may ask their parents or siblings for help on their homework. Not only will this help the students get a better understanding of their work with any parts they are stuck on, it will also allow parents to get more involved in their child's educational life.

Thirdly, doing homework will prepare students for the big end tests. If a child does poorly on an assignment then they will learn what is necessary to do well on the next test without being punished. It also provides students with the opportunity to practice at what it takes to be successful in school. Like they say, practice makes perfect.

Doing homework is also a great way to develop responsibilities. By being assigned work one day and knowing that it has to be done by the next day, they will develop a sense of punctuality by turning their work in on time.

So of all of the above 5 reasons I strongly believe that kids and children need homework!

• Heck, no!

Students definitely do not need more homework than we already get. In fact, it's homework that is the main cause for failing grades. Schools can really stress kids with homework. School already takes up enough time as it is, and by the time we get home, we only have like three hours to spend for our personal time before it's time for us to go to bed and start the ridiculous cycle again. Within those few hours we have, we barely even have time to relax! It's constantly this cycle: Do homework as fast as I can, take a break and scarf down supper, try to finish homework, stop and take a shower, go back and finish homework, and the rest depends on if the parents are okay with the child not getting the necessary 8 hours of sleep. My grade is terrible in math because the teacher assigns so much homework every night...AND WEEKEND. I never get a break, and I know my peers don't get much of a break, either. Homework is fairly useless and it takes up most, if not ALL, of our personal family time. Then, if you don't do your homework, the child is forced to a consequence (for me, it's calling your parents in front of the whole class to tell them that you didn't do your homework). Excuse me? IT WAS //MY// PERSONAL TIME. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SPEND //MY PERSONAL TIME// DOING SOMETHING THAT I COULD HAVE DONE IN WASTED SCHOOL HOURS, BECAUSE TEACHERS ARE ALSO GETTING PAID TO SHOW US MOVIES WHEN THERE IS NOTHING ELSE FOR THEM TO DO. Seriously? We're punished because we wanted to spend time with family? Or simply RELAX? Homework has NO positive effect on education whatsoever. What matters is the value of class time. WHAT WE DO IN CLASS, NOT AFTER CLASS. What DOES need to happen, is that the teachers need to use their hours wisely with students. If a student is disruptive, kick them out, then get right back to work. It's obvious that they don't care, anyway. I also think that teachers need to be more tolerant with children who do not understand and work with them. THATS the point when homework is needed. BUT, if it's a student that is doing fairly good, or okay, or perfect, why give it? And if they're going to assign homework, they shouldn't have to assign so much. At least assign one different subject a day, and let the weekend be our spare time. I think that would be a much easier homework system.

But MORE homework? NO. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN.

• Kids Do Not Need More Homework.

I do not think that kids need more homework. That is not going to improve grades in my opinion because what happens inside the classrooms matters more than the work assigned out of it. I also believe in quality over quantity. If the homework being assigned now is good, there is no need for more.

• No, they need less.

Frankly, children already have too much homework. What is needed is an overhaul of the entire educational system, so that teachers are able to use the time they have in school more wisely, and eliminate the need for homework. If less time was taken up with repeat discipline problems and administrative nonsense, teachers would have more time to actually teach!

• I support learning not homework

Homework is generally an absolute waste of time and hardly ever contributes to the learning process in my experience. It is often frivolous and detrimental. While I would not say that there should be absolutely no homework given, I do not believe that activities that do not necessarily benefit all students should be frequent and mandatory. It takes away from the time some students might otherwise spend on more productive activities.

• Of course not!

Children already spend enough time in school. The problem is not a lack of time. It's a lack of exposure to science and incompetence of teachers, to name a few flaws. Elementary and High School teachers should be as knowledgeable as professors and should be paid as such. Furthermore, exposure to real science, not faith based creationist garbage, would be a huge plus, as well as teaching computer programming and other relevant skills.

• Too much stress and too much time

You do not want your kids to be stressed out all the time. It will take them too much time too do it. When they are all done they will no time to spend with you. The more homework they have, the more time they waste on it and not with you. The more longer it takes, they will be too tired to learn in class.

• No no no and more no

Teachers actually slack off and then give the kids the lesson that they were supposed to teach as their homework. Also doing so much homework to make kids have to depression or get suicidal because I feel like they are stupid so students don’t need more homework as it is. Teachers need to grade kids off of class work and not homework.

• Why should we

We kids already have enough on our backs, and we all want more free time. I understand how homework helps, but it wouldn´t hurt to have a little less! Or at least more time to complete it. Homework is one of the 8 letter words kids hate. (other than broccoli)

• We don't need more homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homework is silly in my opinion. Do you people even know what homework IS!?!? IT IS A WAY TO GET TEACHERS FIRED!!! IT IS EDUCATION WITHOUT THE TEACHERS GETTING PAID!!!!! And we have SCHOOL too!!!! That is how we get SMARTER!!! Homework doesn't even matter if we have class!! Peace homies!!

• It will make them kill themselves

Kids that do have a lot of homework will grab a noose climb up to the fan and hang themselves. So don't have them do homework, it's most of the time a way for teachers to be lazy and not teach a lesson and have the kids do it by themselves through homework

>