Do citizens deserve to have more rights than illegal immigrants?

• Immigrants Don't Share Our Social Contract

Citizen of any country have more rights than non-citizens in any country. That sentiment is embodied in the U.S. Constitution and in our desires for the "Rule of Law" to be paramount. They deserve these rights as a nature of their birth place and because of the rest of the responsibilities that follow with citizenship, including serving in the armed forces and paying taxes.

• Immigrants, illegal or not, are entitled to more than tax paying citizens.

My wife has gone back to college. She does not qualify for a lot of grants in aid. I know a Hispanic student whose parents are here illegally and he does not have to pay anything for his college education because he is the child of an immigrant. All of his tuition is covered plus he gets extra money. The kicker of it is, that his father runs a house painting business and does not pay taxes because he is paid in cash and does the same for his employees, so he contributes nothing to society financially and just takes and takes. I would like to see something done to fix the this inequality. Tax payers have no right to benefit from the money they pay into the system. If you make money you do not qualify for anything but people who do not pay taxes get everything.

• The Law is the Law!

As an American born citizen the police have never given me be a break for a parking ticket, a speeding ticket, or for being late to purchase a city or state sticker for my car. Because i am poor the City of Chicago decided to revoke my drivers license because I purchase and paid for my city and state vehicle stickers late. I went to court to ask forgiveness for not having the money on time to pay for my cars city and state stickers. The judge said I broke the law and fined me $3500.00. Well illegal immigrants brake the law by just coming here and everyone makes excuse's for them and they are just left to do whatever it is they want! Well I for one don't like it, it is not far that for American born citizens we are punished and fined heavily for braking the law but illegals are allowed to stay for decades without fines or jail time. Trump stands for all of us true Americans and I say boot all illegals out now!

• Why isn't this 100% yes?

What's wrong with America? Any country you visit, non-citizens have limited rights and have to follow the immigration procedures when entering and leaving. And non citizens should mind their P's and Q's while there. Why do liberals expect America to be different? If illegal immigrants want to become legal there is a process where they can gain those rights.

• Why isn't this 100% yes?

• Illegal says it all.

America is a nation of laws. If you start your arrival as an illegal (or law breaker), why should any constitutional rights be automatically awarded? (I understand SCOTUS decisions, but stating my opinion.) I believe they should be granted human rights, such as being treated humanely. So many Americans have fought and died defending our rights and freedoms. To give those rights, so casually, to any law breaker, diminishes their sacrifice. All sovereign countries (including US), have a duty to secure its borders, thus protecting its citizens.

• Preserve America Values

We are a country of immigrants. For the majority of our history immigrants came here legally to "build" a better life, by working hard, learning American values and language (English). There was no welfare as there is now. Recently migrants enter illegally and demand all the rights of US citizens, although they have broken our laws to enter. The remedy is to speed up the appeal process and send them home.

• Absolutely and they should

Illegal immigrants do not deserve any of the rights outlined in the constitution, because they are not a citizen of this country. If they legally immigrate and earn citizenship then I have no issue accepting them and accepting their rights, but coming here without permission and messing up our system and then demanding that we bend over backwards to satisfy you is nonsense.

• Americans pay taxes.

American taxpayers don't get anything free. Illegals get it all. It is the national shame, advocating for immigrants here illegally and enslaving our taxpayers to support them. Whatever happened to Americans' human rights? We lost them when power-hungry politicians sold out our country by pandering to illegals to keep themselves in office with their votes.

• Yes, absolutely they do

If you are a citizen and have been through the whole process, vs people who have not, you deserve more rights. It says in their name "illegal immigrants". It would not be fair to citizens and legal immigrants if they illegals got the same rights. They pay taxes, simple. Boom

• No, not at all.

I think that no matter where you are, you deserve the rights of the country you are in. Most of the countries I have traveled to guarantee this. Just because you happened to have been born somewhere doesn't mean you are more deserving of fair treatment than other people. It's asinine.

• WTF? We are American

We work hard to support our families and to pay taxes. Us middle class people carry most of the financial burden. Why should someone who isn't even a legal citizen get more rights/ the same rights as me... THEY NEED TO BE DEPORTED! Thy don't have a right to sneak over here and automatically become a citizen.

• We are all world citizens

Barriers and boundaries are just an example of nowadays world injustices.
    It is NOT so EASY to become a citizen of another country and people who enter illegally just do it because they have no choice.
    We should try to help them, they are not having fun doing it and they just want to have a decent life.

• Non-Citizens Should Have Equal Rights

The reason non-citizens should have equivalent rights is because underneath the 14th amendment, all people in the United States shall not be deprived of equalities such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When we deprive non-citizens of these rights, the 14th amendment shall be broken, and the Judicial court would deem laws against the 14th amendment such as citizens receiving more rights than non-citizens, unconstitutional. It does not matter if they are illegal or not, they deserve the same rights, according to the constitution.

• We are all humans, therefore we are all the same and should be treated equally

Americans think because they were born here they have some kind of right to downgrade other illegal immigrants. But they don't. We are all human beings, just because we are from different countries it does not make us any different. I don't think if an american citizen breaks the law they automatically take their rights away, so why should illegal immigrants have rights taken away because they came here illegally. This country would be much better if people just stopped thinking they are better than others, just because they were born in America. I am an American Citizen and i do not think i am better than an illegal immigrant, and do not think i deserve more rights than them. We are all people, the same, so the same treatment we deserve.

>