Do first world countries need 'feminism' still?

Asked by: o0jeannie0o
  • There can never be too much equality.

It makes no sense to ever state that we've reached a point where it's bad to make things more "fair". It's one of those things where we'll never reach a perfect state, but it will always be a good thing to come closer to it.

Real feminism is about equality. People who fight to have "more of this, so the other has less" don't have a feminist attitude, although it is what they like to call themselves.

If there are situations where women have an unfair advantage over men, it's also a good thing to evaluatie how to make things more equal. Even if feminism only specializes on one particular form of unfairness, it's always better than nothing at all.

• Although other countries definitely need it more, feminism can still help out in first world countries.

There are still unequal privileges in first world countries that could use help (although they are small) but the most obvious example that comes to mind is that mindsets are still widely set that femininity is a bad thing and doing things "like a girl" count as an insult. More examples can include cat calling and rape incidents. Feminism is about empowering women and making everything equal for both genders. There are still many problems within the male gender such as hyper masculinity that real feminists would advocate for a change in. Overall, every country always has room for improvement, and I guarantee that creating equality is an aspect of that.

• Feminism is needed in first world countries

Women are shamed for breastfeeding in public, even though their breasts aren't even sexual organs. They use it only to feed their child. Most feminists support everyone, gays, lesbians, and men. Proper feminists support both male and female rape victims. They defend men from hyper masculinity and they try to break gender roles. Real feminists want everyone to be equal.

• Totally Not. You're priviliged enough.

Women in first world counties argue about "slut shaming" and "the freedom to show their upper abdomen." While I somewhat understand rape culture but not to a full degree, I believe it's your appearance and behavior that will lead to you getting raped. I know may people would disagree with me, but it's true. That's a whole other topic. Women in 3rd world counties are the only ones that need feminism and I would totally fight for them. They're slaves to their husbands, are forced to get married at the age of 7, cannot be seen without their hijabs (in a handful of counties) can only go outside when their husbands tell them to, if they report a rape most of the time they get thrown into prison or even even RAPED again, and so fourth. Compare that to some angry feminist in America whos mad because she believes she can't wear skimpy "whorish" clothing or expose her breast. Exactly. Support for 3rd world counties, 1st ones, please shut the hell up.

• Ma an ka

D d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s. S as sa s

• Equality towards women in first world countries has already been achieved.

The whole whining about not enough women being CEOs is just because to be a CEO you need to take initiative. Women tend to just hope finding a rich man to marry. As for domestic violence around 45% of victims are male. Wage gap is simply a myth that has been debunked years ago. Feminism is just a wild and overused excuse by fat white women on tumblr to justify the reason why they're in that position.

• Not the feminism I See

Third world countries still need feminism, yes, 100%. We do not. The wage gap, while it should not exist, is very minuscule compared to what it was. Domestic violence and rape done to women is highly frowned upon and could get you serious jail time, so much I'd be willing to argue it's really domestic violence and rape against men no one really pays attention to. And women's sexualization in video games in particular is hardly ever talked about in the context of the game. Sometimes the character is dressed in a certain way for a battle advantage, or it's part of their attack scheme. But that fact is rarely acknowledged, and all they talk about is the fact that they're sexualized. These issues and many more are not dealt with properly by modern day feminism in the first world. They either inflate the facts, take things out of context, or don't acknowledge the other side of the issue.

• Not the Feminism I see

I'm not that familiar with feminism, but what I have seen of it isn't pretty. Perhaps I'm unfairly judging the whole group based on the actions of the few, but the movement I see today isn't about equality. It's about power. It's filled with petty people trying to control what everyone thinks, says and feels about everything.

• No we don't.

We don't need feminism. Equality yes but not feminism. Just the name of the ''ideology'', if so to speak, tell that it is pro women and not equality. The western society has, mostly, reached a point where we don't need a movement to reach equality, just some common sense. It seems like the feminists today are just whining about everything just because they want something to be angry at while back in the WWII the feminists really fought for equality but that equality has, mostly, been reached.

• I don't think we need a bias word to give one another respect.

I hear feminism and all I picture is teens whining about being objectified by the clothing they wear while canvassing against video game companies for portraying the characters in the same outfit. This is not what feminism is supposed to represent. Once upon a time it was used by women who actually didn't have rights, and yes in third world countries they still need feminism, but we have it. We have issues on both ends sure, but I believe it is respect that is missing from the minds not that they are women haters.
    Further feminism is not a fair word to represent equal rights. It represents equal rights for females but leaves out LGBT, Men, Kids, Animals among other groups that deserve respect.

• The differences in first and third world countries that demand feminism in latter.

Women in third world countries are forced to act according to certain rules and regulations under the name or excuse of 'culture and tradition' and are shamed by the society otherwise. However, first world country citizens receive better education and have more knowledge on what is right and wrong. They tend to be more accepting towards women and have a positive social attitude. Many women in third world country are still a victim of child marriage resulting them to be puppets of their husbands and possible domestic abuse with limited means of escape while such issues have major consequences in third world countries due to stricter laws and punishments. At this point, equality has already been mostly established among first world countries taking the example of the US where both the genders stand for election whereas, in some third world countries women are meant to stay at home and nurture their children.

• Equality is alive and well. Opinions are apart of it.

I am a woman. I do not think feminism is needed in first world countries. There is always gonna be discrimination. You can change peoples opinions. Equality is based on everyone being equal and having equal rights and opportunities. We all have that. Feminist make up problems. Such like "man spreading" completely stupid. You cant take away people opinions that is taking away equality. We are always gonna have problems. There is sexism for both male and females but you rarely get the problems men face. White straight males are not a problem. Go focus on woman who get blamed if they get raped and the real oppression of the hijab. In every religion their is oppression. Start focusing on real problems!

• Stop complaining ok

Women and men are equal. Wage gap doesnt exist, the data these people take dont consider that women take lower paying jobs.
    If women were getting paid less, then why don't more businesses have them? It would cost less wouldn't it? Instead of naming kids stupid crap like "girl" or "boy" instead of "Andy" or "Jill" you need to get your stuff together and think real hard about your life.

>