• In general, Yes

The ability to digest and understand course material is positively correlated with intelligence. If person A and person B put the same effort into a subject but person A's IQ is higher than person B's, Person A will get the better grade.

There are exceptions to this rule. Person A may grow accustomed to achieving exceptional grades with minimal effort, Even without sufficient learning skills, Because of his intelligence. This means when the workload increases in more demanding environments, Such as in university, Person A may do worse than person B due to his underdeveloped learning skills. Person B would have been forced to develop exceptional learning skills to compensate for his intelligence, Whereas person A solely relied on intelligence with no learning skills.

However, This is just one circumstance. Intelligent people are often exceedingly curious and learn quickly. Like most others, They learn to develop their learning skills at one point in their life. There are always exceptions to this rule, But on average, Smarter people achieve better grades, While the not-so-smart achieve worse. This is why the average IQ of Ivy League graduates is 142, While the average IQ of normal college graduates is 113.

• Grades show intelligence. .

IQ---intelligence quotient is the only way of judging intelligence. . . And it is a test! It gives as output of the performance. . . . Do u still think grades have nothing to do with intelligence. . .
    Moreover entrance tests have been a trend in schools and Universities since ages. . . . I hope Universities want intelligent candidates. . . Don't they!

• Yes they do

People use the excuse "grades don't determine how smart you are" to be lazy. Saying that grades don't determine intelligence just puts down people who try hard in school. Obviously you have to be intelligent to score well on tests and those who aren't as intelligent or logical aren't as smart. Stop blaming your laziness by saying "the school system is broken"

• Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge.

Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge. Intelligence means the ability to acquire and acknowledge.

• Grades do matter

Hgih;gihgpktg76nerb yrofr t67 t;tbh88uyb t6oiutooyut 877g8o7y 7ybp98y 7y y89tgiyuhiuy yy 8yuih iuyui yuy yuyu9 dfjirfgjgok jvihjv jijij jjijo hhytoeij ohvtjb jjhjh gijhj bj j jh h j nkl j j jikj k h j h jk jkh j h hjh j h j jhj hk jj hkj hj hj h j

• Grades do define intelligence

Intelligence needs to be quantified. Otherwise, how can you possibly find a way to measure it? You can’t say that a person is intelligent without proof, and the only way to attain this proof is through testing, such as the IQ test. Now, tell me, what does the IQ test produce once you have completed it? A grade. Furthermore, grades given in high school, as well as university, are given holistically. In other words, they do not only rely on test scores- you need a wide variety of skills to achieve high grades. Therefore, I agree that test scores do not define intelligence, but grades provided by schools are a fantastic way of defining intelligence.

• Grades are Irrelevant

Would you say President of a Country who wants to blow up the World is Intelligent? I know a guy in High School from the 1980's who was a straight A student. He would often brag about how smart he was and to this day he still brags about it. E is 50 years of age. He lives with his Mother and Father. He has no responsibilities like Paying Rent, doing the Laundry, Cooking, Grocery Shopping or fixing things that go wrong around the house. His Parents do everything for him. He lives on Ontario Disability. He doesn't pay Rent to his Parents or help them out with their Mortgage.H has Low self esteem.No Self Imagine of himself. He has no Interests or Hobbies.Besides walking a friends Dog every day.People think he is weird. He lets his Parents control his life like a puppet on a string.He feels anger and animosity from being apart of the Jehovah's Witness Religion he feels is a Religion built up of lies and deception. He still goes because he is fearful of his Parents. He goes to Bars every night and gets drunk because of this built up anger and animosity he has towards to religion. He knows the Religions Doctrines are based on Pure lies and not facts. He knows the Religion has a huge negative impact on his Mental heath and well being but he still goes. Does this sound like an Intelligent person?

• Grades are based on memory

Grads are just based on your effort and memorising skills if you didn't memorise anything you'd fail all your tests and get a bad grade that doesn't mean that you're stupid it just means you didn't revise for the test . The whole good grades = super smart /intelligent is pure bullshit

• For gtg TV TV TV ccct

TV tctctctctctcfcfcfcfcgcgvhbjnlby cgvgvhu ya r chvhy hvyvyg the clan during war on a map of the clan are ya their RAKIB the clan during war it was not a problem with the clan tag along with the clan during a visit to the mirror and save yer 2nd attack don't use it

• Yes I think it does

The ones with lower iq usually learn at a slower pace and have difficulty remembering key concepts they've learned from before while the higher iq ones learn things quicker AND has a easier time remembering key concepts. And also people tend to excel at things they naturally have an advantage in. For example an African would excel in sprinting due to more fast twitch muscles and longer limbs relative to their torso

• Of course not

Too much of getting good grades depends on the ability to do tedious busywork and copy material repetitively. Too many classes teach pointless terminology that will become outdated soon enough.

Unfortunately, a growing number of teachers seem to view classrooms as similar to the workplace, where you are expected to do a lot of work for an achievement, rather than learning for the sake of learning. They view themselves as employers overseeing pupils, rather than employees hired by the public to teach students.

As such, you can have students who perform very highly on IQ tests and standardized testing that receive poor grades, and on the other hand those with high GPAs who stress and struggle when expected to test on the ACT, for example.

For more on this, see Time Magazine's "Are We Failing Our Geniuses?" which points out that America has become more concerned with bringing the lowest up to the same level as everyone else per "No Child Left Behind" than making use of America's greatest resource, its young minds. Up to 20% of later dropouts test in the gifted range. Even as America spends more on programs for the mentally challenged, it neglects spending on programs for the mentally gifted, since the former is federally mandated, rather than the latter.

• No, grades reflect effort.

Grades reflect the effort that a student has put into the class. It might be easier for an intelligent person to get good grades, but someone of mediocre intelligence can also get good grades with hard work.

It's sort of like watching a short person and a tall person walking together. The short person can keep up with the tall person , but he has to take more steps to do so (put out more effort to have the same pace)

I was always an "average" student in school but I always scored highly on intelligence tests. I was lazy. I hated homework and I usually didn't do it. I would do the minimum to get by in most cases, especially in college. I also knew straight-As students who scored much lower on the intelligence tests than me. They were more hard working. They always studied and spent a lot of time on papers and projects and I'd just do them the night before.

• From observation, absolutely not

You will have to divide this subject into secondary and poost-secondary education.
    1. Secondary: I come from a high school where the average GPA is less than 2.00. High school was cake becuse the standard was very low due to the low test scores of the students. I graduated 3rd of my class. The valedictorian went on to college and failed his first semester of college. I on the other hand did self studies before college and succeeded through my freshman year with a 2.75.

2. Post Secondary: Just like there is inflation for school costs, there is grade inflation, ie curves on test. I study Aerospace Engineering. For most test, they are damn hard and average scores can be around 40-50 percent. If you aren't above the average by about ten points then you are getting a C. This shows that I don't have to actually do the work. I just have to do jst enough to pass the class. There is also the possibility that I had a easy professor also. I have taken professors whose teaches are very engaging and professors whose classes are just unbearable.

Moral of the story is that grades never reflects a persons ability to learn. Intelligence is based on a person's willingness to life long learning. Nowadays. The grades we make are relative to our peers. Schools tell us we are dumb if we are not up par with our peers.

• No, and it shouldn't decide one's placement and fate in society.

As we all know,everybody learns in different patterns and ways.Unfortunately,most schools do not take action when it comes to that,because everybody has to adapt to the same learning pattern as the standard academical grading system.Also,there are a lot of students,who are simply lazy or aloof towards school work, because the feel that a lot of things they are currently learning will serve very little,or no purpose at all in the real world... Do you remember exactly EVERYTHING that you were taught in school?The answer is most likely ''no''.We only retain the necessary and basic information,which we are taught at an earlier age.The truly complex things we learn later on,are like paint and decorations in a home: You don't truly need them in order to survive in that home,but it shows your taste, a little of your personality and some of your creativity.I currently am 14 years old,and I speak from personal perception and experience.Please point out any incorrect or illogical points in my arguments if you can find any.Thank you.

• Often quite the opposite

Highly intelligent kids rarely do that well at school because they find the work dull and unstimulating. Grades are more an indication of temperament, how well the kids listens, sits still, concentrates and so on. Many brilliant children suffer from learning disabilities as well which also affects their good grades.

• No. Grades alone can't scale the intelligence

Grades are now became a major concern for students ,educational institutions and even the parents. A students knowledge or skills can't be assessed by his/her grades. A good or highest grade can be obtained by just simply mugging up the topics which can makeup nothing. Unfortunately our educational institutions believe that only grades can make a student intelligent. Apart from the educational institutions parents also were in a thought that only grades can calibrate their children's knowledge/skills. Finally in my opinion grades won't judge a student .

• How could your Grades possibly determine your Intelligence?

Your grades are important yes but they can't determine if your intelligent or not. Grades aren't everything. Its just how well you do work in school and how well you score on tests. If you score high on a test you studied. It still could mean your dumb at other things in life. If you score low, you didn't study much but you can still be intelligent in some subjects then others you could be dumb at it. If that makes sense so either way Grades can't determine everything. If you cheat on something for instance you get a good grade but it could still mean your not that smart because you cheated not that smart. It could mean your smart in other places as well. Not trying means you just don't take it seriously but it doesn't mean your not intelligent. If you have an F on your report card, it might mean you weren't trying or cheated on something and lowered your grade your probably still smart! So I'm either way on this one!

• Those are two completely different things.

One could get "good" grades for memorizing a book, a paragraph or whatever it then jot that down in an exam and get grades just like that, it doesn't show nor prove anything about their "intelligence", some students may just be bored with the curriculum or may not be challenged enough to quite care, and some show their true smart out there in the real world where it really counts, how well you are with your jobs and what you can do when given the opportunity, I don't think it comes down to what number you have written on some piece of paper, I think what matters is how you express yourself, what your like, how you hold up your side of an argument and how persuasive you can be, that is intelligence. Look at all our great scientists did all of them do well at school? No.

• Grades is not a foolproof way of measuring intelligence

Grades are usually based on a limited testing arena, which is usually a pen and paper test and does not take into consideration the student's frame 0f mind while writing the exam.
    A three hour written test has its own limits and cannot judge a child's true calibre as such.

• Laziness is also a factor

One can be lazy and not do their schoolwork. Millions of people in the world are intelligent, yet we choose not to do work. I don't do my classwork frequently, yet my test grades are higher than your average grades. I never hand in homework, but I have never gotten lower than an A in quizzes.