Of course. If there are no guns then there are no deaths> if there are no deaths then you get shot because your annoying and if you vote no your a stupid american who deserves to rot in your hell like country> and guess what your president is a rapist
Yea sure there have been school shootings. It could happen. But if a student carries a gun on school grounds, No matter their intention, They're 22 times more likely to shoot themselves or someone else than a school shooter or whatever. In the past thirty years, A citizen in the U. S who was carrying a gun has stopped 0 shootings. 1% of gun owners used a gun to protect themselves. It doesn't matter if guns are supposed to protect you. Chances are, They're gonna do more bad than good
Ehhh a crazed maniac with a sawn-off entering the premises might see the sign and in the heat of the moment just see the sign and think to themselves, 'Holy shit, I'm about to kill a whole bunch of people in a *no gun zone*, This is stupid. ' We also haven't seen school shootings in areas with these signs either. Statistically, The signs have had a 100% success rate.
America has had school shootings dating back more than a century. Gun-free zones tell those entering to leave their guns outside or at home. There are several reasons why schools took this approach rather than arming teachers and staff. Here are the reasons and why:
1. Students are dumb and if a gun is left unattended in the school, It will be inadvertently picked up by a student. Whether that student uses that gun is situational. They may pocket it to sell it. They may keep it. They may even decide to use it on another student or staff member.
2. Intimidation. Guns are intimidating. Students don't typically own guns. Having a teacher with a gun is way more intimidating that a teacher with a ruler.
3. Liability. If something did happen with a gun and someone was injured or killed, The school district could be sued for enabling it to happen on counts of negligence.
4. Guns are not cheap. Teachers already are underpaid for their work, With many of them spending 60+ hours a week teaching and planning. I've seen some spend nearly 12 hours a day, 6 days a week working, But yet only getting paid $32, 000 a year. Add in an extra expense like a gun and it can break them. They already have to pay for classroom supplies out of pocket because the district has its funding cut. Don't expect the district to pay for guns either.
5. A good guy with a gun won't always be the best option. If a shooter enters the school and a teacher has a gun to fire back, It is no longer a just a shooter, But now a firefight, With students in the middle of it all.
6. Schools have already implemented systems to prevent shooters from entering the building, As well as protocols to deal with shooters. Let the systems work.
Now, Signs are just indicators. I'm well aware that criminals don't listen to signs, Nor laws, But when they enter a school with a gun, It is not "oh, Just another person with a gun", But rather "a threat". I believe this is more the reason why guns are not allowed in schools. You don't have to ask for intention when someone enters a school with a gun because you already know by looking at them. It is not advised to approach a person with a gun on them. You cannot read their mind. So, If someone walks in with a gun, Your response is to get away and out of sight. The signs for gun free zones at schools are not just for criminals or those owning guns, But rather for those who enter that building. It is for them to know when a person is threat in the building.
Criminals are like bullies. (Well, Shooting up a school is much more severe than shaking a kid down for lunch money, But the thought process is similar). A bully is looking for the easiest path. A "gun free zone" sign is the same as a sign saying "Pacifist. Will not hit back". Criminals don't care. They are going to kill people, Do you think they care about bringing a gun into a gun free zone? It is more deterring to a criminal that a school is armed and by entering, They risk being shot, Than a sign that tells them they can do whatever the hell they want and the people inside are powerless.
Yes, The idea for a gun free zone sounds good because it implies that students and others in gun free zones should be safe from being shot. Problem is, Shooters don't obey rules like that. They go in knowing that there is a good chance they will be killed in the end so the treat of being charged for carrying a weapon in a gun free zone is far from their concern. Thing is, It also assures that they will be the only ones with a gun until law enforcement eventually gets there and finds them so in the mean time, They have little to worry about.
I am not saying that we should allow parents or especially students to be armed but I could see having some of the staff like teacher having a concealed weapon with the schools knowledge and permission. Of course they would have to pass all applicable background checks as well as any certification the school deems necessary.
In a way, This question reminds me of a joke I heard. The comedian said that statistically, The odds of being on a plane with a bomb is 1, 000 to 1 but being on a plane that has two bombs is about a million to 1. That if you want to feel safer on the plane, Bring a bomb.
This would mean that thugs would buy guns illegally and then the police couldn't bring firearms to the school
lololololln lol lol jasbgdchkjavsbdhcbqd kjadbf hbadfj khdb fnakjdb khjadbbdwadn khjajkde qkhne jha esnjmad njad nma sdjhad fnhjq enmadnmad asmdnmabdamn asdmnmb m n kjnsdkjb kjan nmsda hj knsd mabd jhbas dh njdbs mds
It should be "whoever is the school shooter is hella gay" in my opinion. You see, Today's world loves to insult people by saying "whoever ___ is hella gay" so that's what it should be. Also #memeking #memequeen #memes4lie #urmomgay #4chan #9gag #reddit #social #internet #gay #mom #urmom #whyamidoingthis #pleasehelp
No, They do not. Add metal detectors to schools, Or security standing outside. Metal detectors add higher security. Its not like wooden guns exist. Or wooden security. Ok that might be a thing. Baconbacon bacon bacon bacon. Pigs. Piglets. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Yay.
Criminals don't follow the law. Labeling an area as a "gun free zone" does absolutely nothing to stop a criminal from pulling out a gun and doing whatever he or she wants with it. The only way to stop violence is to be more violent. It is the harsh reality of life. I wish we can end suffering by declaring certain place peaceful, But there will always be offenders out to disrupt the peace.
Most school shooters have killed themselves after committing a fatal shooting in a gun free zone therefore the laws in place to punish the violation of gun free zones can't be used against the perpetrator of the crime simply because they are dead you gonna put a dead kid in juvi