• Indeed they do

Free medical expenses, Three square meals a day. Free housing, And free clothing. All of which is offered to them weather they work or not. Though the majority do not. The few who do hardly have jobs within the prison system. Might be different if they had to work for a living.

• Did they respect or recognize the rights of others?

If you have someone that is so disrespectful that they don’t recognize and abide by the rights of others, Why do they deserve any? When they broke the law, They took a risk of being caught. They weighed that in their mind and decided, At that time, It was worth it. In my opinion they have way too much. The one thee AS t really bothers my is free healthcare when Ir cost me almost $200, 000 a year. I don’t have free healthcare. Why do they deserve even more than we do?

• Stop breaking the law

Sorry, I do not feel bad for prisoners. Citizens of any community are responsible for their own actions and the consequences that come from the actions they choose. When criminals violate the laws of society they no longer have the same rights as law abiding productive citizens and in my opinion thats the way it should be. To answer the question posed, Yes I think inmates have too many freedoms while incarcerated.

• Prisner get open prisons to make new lives

They are discussing open prison system so prisoners can have free range of land. Prisoners are given everything for free. I pay for electric, water, cable, roof over my head, all my own medical care and medications, especially hormones for god sake. Nothing is given to me because im an upstanding citizen. I have to pay for attorney's for everything but especially civil suits vut that is provided to them as well. If jail/ prison is so bad for the inmates our are they able to riot? Get drugs? Have sex? Instead there is shpping and hair dressers, ect. And now we are talking of giving them land. Crap I guess im on the wrong side. They pay for nothing and have very few rights removed.

• inmates have to many luxuries

The entire jail system hasn’t been changed in hundreds of years. People break the laws of society and are locked up. Inmates have to many luxuries in jail. They should not be allowed to have a tv and should be forced to work. Everyone has to work. Nothing is free.

• They're still people

Some people in jail do deserve certain "luxuries" because not all of those who are locked up are in there for huge crimes, Some could be there solely because of fines or a misunderstanding such as someone sticking up for themselves during a physical altercation, Regardless they are people too. They deserve to have a phone to call loved ones, And a tv to keep up with the outside world.

• It depends will

This question is somewhat vague in the nature that it was asked. Is the question referencing to inmates here in the United States of America or to inmates in different countries across the world? The rights that are given to inmates vary from country to country so some have more than others.

• For the most part, no

I do not think most inmates have too many rights. What I do think is that there are too many inmates and that many of them are harmless and do not deserve to be in jail. Therefore, I think quite the opposite is true. They get their rights stripped for nonsense.

• No inmates do not have too many rights.

The goals of correctional facilities are to incarcerate, educate, and to rehabilitate individuals who have been convicted crimes. To this end providing inmate with access to educational materials, a reading library, competent medical care and decent housing is not giving inmates TOO MANY rights. Inmates are still human beings and deserve to be treated with respect and common decency.