Do magazine advertisements send unhealthy signals to young women?

• Yes its is bad

Some girls may believe that some of those things they will see in the magazines is nice and they will make you cool. Some magazines sends or will have pictures that may record something bad in their minds. Some magazines are not always allowed for young women and must be stop for the sake our generation to come |:)

• They're absolutely right!

I've seen the pictures in magazines and I've read all your comments and I agree, it does send unhealthy signals to young women. My dad's taking me out to a spa trip but that doesn't mean I plan to look unreal like all those women. I know I'm already beautiful.

• Yes, they send unhealthy signals.

Sure they may be used for inspiration but it can also cause them to want to be like the girl in the photo, and they will try to make themselves look like them. Even if it means starving themselves to look thinner. I personally believe that this is wrong and sad.

• Magazines send wrong signals to young women

Magazines send wrong signals to young women by magazines having inappropriate pictures of women which can have an affect on young women because they can have tattoos where there are not suppose to be. And can kind of ruin a young women's reputation and family life if they do these kind of things.

• Anorexia is a issue

Anorexia is a problem facing many teens today. Once anorexia has started, it is hard to get out of. A lot of times they have to be sent to the ER, or die. Think of how their parents feel, what if they were the only child they had, and now their gone. This is all that can happen with one look of those photo shopped, perfect women on the magazines. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

• Yes it shows unhealthy images

Magazines show unreal body shapes and put thoughts into the minds of young women me being a young women myself I look at models and think I'm so fat or not pretty when looking at these models on social media or on magazine covers it puts bad thoughts and images of myself

• Yes it does

With the way the world is women think that they need to be as skinny as possible in order to be loved. If you look at some of the magazines it will prove that you need to be skinny in order to be famous they make shows about non pretty people or fat people so change your opinion on this

• It creates insecurities among young women

Young women should feel confident no matter how their looks are. I believe that every women is beautiful. We should not influence by what the papers told us because none of it wasn't even true. Instead, i believe we should unlock our potential despite our flaws. Young women are better than how we looks like. We deserve an applause for our greatest creation by almighty god. I hope this helps you when you think you are unpretty even though actually you are :)

• It makes people think that they are nothing or just make them really sick.

It makes many girls really sick they think that they are nothing and that they should make themselves stave to death so they can get in shape like the girls in they picture and that can make them light headed and maybe end up going to the ER and maybe have to eat because they never eat. Also they can just want to make there self throw up and when they eat they just take it all out and not have anything in there tummy's.

• It makes young woman that are unfit depressed!

When unfit woman like me look at a nice body person in a magazine it makes me kinda sad that I don't have a nice body like that. I was once depressed over my body because I felt like I was the fatter girl in the world. But now I really don't care what people think because I am starting to be fit and try to get a healthy body.

• They should take it as inspiration

No how could it send unhealthy messages to girls? The girls idolize these women and the women obviously take care of themselves. That is a positive message to send to girls. Now girls shouldn't starve themselves to look like the women on the covers but rather it could motivate the girls to get in shape. They don't need to be saying it makes me feel horrible that I don't look like them, because it's a fixable problem the girls today are just lazy and want people to say that fat is healthy when it's not! They just want a reason to justify their laziness!

• They don't give unhealthy signals

They don't give unhealthy signals because the shouldn't take everything to the heart. Maybe the people in that magazine have plastic surgery and don't actually look like that. They can keep the women fit and not unhealthy because they want to be the people in the magazine. They aren't that bad after all.

• I strongle disagree

I absolutely disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women because it gives inspiration to young women,they are tips and tricks and could turn young women into beautiful models.Here are top three main reasons why I disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women.

To begin with, you don’t always have to compare yourself, you can take as an inspiration to make yourself look like that.For example if you saw a really skinny women on your favourite magazine don’t compare yourself, just take it as inspiration and try doing some simple workouts to look like her.Don’t compare just inspire. Inspiration motivates to do something more and healthy.

Additionally, magazines have clever tips and tricks to make life easier for us to proceed.Imagine your life without using any tricks or tips?Its going to be hard for me since I use lots of tricks in my laptop.Tips and tricks are last minute time and money savers for those who are lazy.For example it halloween you have no costume,looking at different magazines gives you lots of ideas and using one of those suggestions saves time and money saving.

Furthermore, there are more than hundredths of models produced everyday in the world because of advertisement.Women who want to became models see magazines everyday because they want improve themselves to look more prettier and skinnier just like the models.So young women can turn into models and make lots of money on advertising.

Therefore, I absolutely disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women as shown in my argument because it gives inspiration to young women,they are tips and tricks and could turn young women into beautiful models.

• No they do no not send unhealthy messages to young women for multiple reasons.

As a female that reads these magazines I know for a fact that they do not. They actually can help women. They can help keep them fit, eat healthy, and help them set up goals. Young women see these pretty fit models and say "hey, I want to look like her." and they can choose two ways to do that, the healthy way or the dangerous unhealthy way. But if they choose the healthy way yes it will take time but eventually they will get there and they will be happy with their body. They also show healthy food that looks delicious in these ads and it encourages them to go out and buy the ingredients to make these healthy meals. They also encourage young women to workout and stay fit and healthy which is a good thing that everyone wants. These are only a few ways and there are many more out there.

• I hte looking at nice bobs bc i will never be like that nd i dont ned to know it!

Ok im done byeeee whhyy do i need so many words its not fair just like the ads you bums jk you guys are awesome but still let me goooooooooooooo please? Why so many words holy! Ok fine im lmost done! Lol lol lol lol lol ll lol lol lol lol

• Being big is NOT OKAY

Many people say that magazines are sending the wrong message to teenagers, but they are just promoting a health lifestyle. Many are now promoting thay being big is okay, but in reality it isnt. Being big means that you don't have a healthy life. You are endangering your health and have risks for obesity and diabetes along with heart and organ failure. BEING BIG IS THE SAME AS BEING OBESE, AND WE NEED TO STOP OBESITY!!

• How does it make them unhealthy?

You don not have to take it that way you can also take it as an inspiration to make yourself look like that. It did for me i went to the gym evryday for a year and i lost 55 pounds and i am still going to the gym thanks to one of those "unhealthy" magazines....

• People take what they want from the media

They don't have to take take to heart what they see. They can chose what their opinions are and what they do and don't think is attractive. It's not being shoved down their throat; it's just there. No one's asking them to even buy the magazine the images are in!