Do magazine advertisements send unhealthy signals to young women?

• Magazine advertisements send unhealthy signals to young women

I believe that models and advertisements do send unhealthy signals to young women because, They show them "what to look like". "Thin and beautiful" it really hurts young women because it shows them "what to look like and if you don't you don't fit the standers". Young women should not have to feel pressured to go on diets or have eating disorders. Someone I know went on their first diet at 8 they shouldn't feel as if they had to do that to be considered "pretty". Once you have gotten a Eating Disorder you can never fully recover, You'll have to deal with it you whole life. And no just because a young person is fat doesn't mean AT ALL that they eat to much, They should enjoy their childhood and do whatever they want and not have to worry about their weight at ages 7-18. They do not have to take pills or not eat to be skinny, It doesn't work like that, If you don't eat your metabolism slows down causing you to gain more weigh when you do eat. Some eating disorders make you feel guilty when they do eat, So much that the person throws up. Kids should not have to worry about being pretty and thin at a young age.

• Girls are being encouraged wrongly

I am a victim of all of this i know i am but i still believe but i know that its wrong. So i decided to write an essay on it. I am always being told that i would make a perfect model but i look in the mirror and say nope.

• The advertisements impose that the images in magazines are standards of beauty in society today.

Not only do these ads lower young women's self-esteem but they also paint the picture of the "perfect body image". This encourages young women to 1; think they aren't good enough, And 2; make them think they have to be up to the society's standards of what "pretty or beautiful" is. Research shows that 90% of young women are not satisfied with their appearance and this really needs to change.

• Magazines affect young women,

Many young girls feel that they aren't enough and already aren't confident as it is. I feel like when they hear people talking about how pretty or attractive the models on magazines are they feel like they have to look like that to be noticed in society. Bullying is already an issue with other people as well. People won't stand up to people who bully if they are bullying themselves.

• It’s an issue

It is the main cause for anorexia. It causes so many families to be ripped apart all because they are putting the image of these really skinny people into young teens minds making them feel like they aren’t good enough or skinny enough. Yes these teens could chose not to take it to heart but it’s really hard not to take something to heart when you keep seeing it.

• What abut People who are incapable of attaining something like that?

Not everyone has the ability to change their body just by going to the gym or dieting. This makes them feel hopeless since this is what the media passes as good looking. And as for avoiding the sources that these pictures resonate from, It is very VERY difficult to avoid media in our ever growing modern society.

• Yes it does

Young women get influenced by the women on magazine articles.
    They think that if they don't look like that, They are not pretty.
    Now young girls will do harmful things to their own bodies just to look like the woman on the magazine. Girls will start to starve themselves in order for society to accept them as ''pretty''. Thats how fucked our society is.

• Yes it is a no no

This makes girls feel super duper sad about themselves. As guifd yt aw f xghe gfhyer chjtme gmhjbglrhkvgjyu bhjehjbfr 3fr gtrv s gft we g y qw t hyu v we y hj d t yu j f ki y f j i t j ui gf b m hy g m mj g

• Yes they do

Young women who see thin and tall as perfect, Is just wrong. We have to show them that thin and tall is not perfect, But its also not perfect. We have to show young women how to love there body. Magazines are just a way to tell us how we aren't "perfect"

• It can be dangerous

Some girls will want to be so skinny so bad that they will become insecure about their bodies and possibly have a eating disorder. They should but in magazines on how to love yourself. They should put in magazines on how to love yourself and your body type. Love Yourself

• I strongle disagree

I absolutely disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women because it gives inspiration to young women,they are tips and tricks and could turn young women into beautiful models.Here are top three main reasons why I disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women.

To begin with, you don’t always have to compare yourself, you can take as an inspiration to make yourself look like that.For example if you saw a really skinny women on your favourite magazine don’t compare yourself, just take it as inspiration and try doing some simple workouts to look like her.Don’t compare just inspire. Inspiration motivates to do something more and healthy.

Additionally, magazines have clever tips and tricks to make life easier for us to proceed.Imagine your life without using any tricks or tips?Its going to be hard for me since I use lots of tricks in my laptop.Tips and tricks are last minute time and money savers for those who are lazy.For example it halloween you have no costume,looking at different magazines gives you lots of ideas and using one of those suggestions saves time and money saving.

Furthermore, there are more than hundredths of models produced everyday in the world because of advertisement.Women who want to became models see magazines everyday because they want improve themselves to look more prettier and skinnier just like the models.So young women can turn into models and make lots of money on advertising.

Therefore, I absolutely disagree that magazine advertisement sends unhealthy signal to young women as shown in my argument because it gives inspiration to young women,they are tips and tricks and could turn young women into beautiful models.

• No they do no not send unhealthy messages to young women for multiple reasons.

As a female that reads these magazines I know for a fact that they do not. They actually can help women. They can help keep them fit, eat healthy, and help them set up goals. Young women see these pretty fit models and say "hey, I want to look like her." and they can choose two ways to do that, the healthy way or the dangerous unhealthy way. But if they choose the healthy way yes it will take time but eventually they will get there and they will be happy with their body. They also show healthy food that looks delicious in these ads and it encourages them to go out and buy the ingredients to make these healthy meals. They also encourage young women to workout and stay fit and healthy which is a good thing that everyone wants. These are only a few ways and there are many more out there.

• They should take it as inspiration

No how could it send unhealthy messages to girls? The girls idolize these women and the women obviously take care of themselves. That is a positive message to send to girls. Now girls shouldn't starve themselves to look like the women on the covers but rather it could motivate the girls to get in shape. They don't need to be saying it makes me feel horrible that I don't look like them, because it's a fixable problem the girls today are just lazy and want people to say that fat is healthy when it's not! They just want a reason to justify their laziness!

• Keep it away from your daughter if you don't want them to see it

They don't send any signals at all. It's just a photo. What is it going to do? To me, It doesn't seem like it has a positive or negative effect. For teenage women, Why did their parents let them have these magazines anyway? For women in their 20s, Who cares? Why care what they do? They're adults and aren't harming anyone. The fact that I'm in the minority opinion in this makes me worry for humanity.

• Why would it be

These people are looked up to an have a goal set for good not bad and these people do watch their weight. Its not like they're being forced to lose more than the healthy amount of weight. If they were than whoever told them to do that unless it was themselves can get into serious trouble.

• They don't give unhealthy signals

They don't give unhealthy signals because the shouldn't take everything to the heart. Maybe the people in that magazine have plastic surgery and don't actually look like that. They can keep the women fit and not unhealthy because they want to be the people in the magazine. They aren't that bad after all.

• I hte looking at nice bobs bc i will never be like that nd i dont ned to know it!

Ok im done byeeee whhyy do i need so many words its not fair just like the ads you bums jk you guys are awesome but still let me goooooooooooooo please? Why so many words holy! Ok fine im lmost done! Lol lol lol lol lol ll lol lol lol lol

• Being big is NOT OKAY

Many people say that magazines are sending the wrong message to teenagers, but they are just promoting a health lifestyle. Many are now promoting thay being big is okay, but in reality it isnt. Being big means that you don't have a healthy life. You are endangering your health and have risks for obesity and diabetes along with heart and organ failure. BEING BIG IS THE SAME AS BEING OBESE, AND WE NEED TO STOP OBESITY!!

• How does it make them unhealthy?

You don not have to take it that way you can also take it as an inspiration to make yourself look like that. It did for me i went to the gym evryday for a year and i lost 55 pounds and i am still going to the gym thanks to one of those "unhealthy" magazines....

• People take what they want from the media

They don't have to take take to heart what they see. They can chose what their opinions are and what they do and don't think is attractive. It's not being shoved down their throat; it's just there. No one's asking them to even buy the magazine the images are in!