• Classes have crashed

I go to a school where every student gets a Chromebook. A computer so crappy they literally cost $50 a piece, And are unfixable when the wifi breaks.
    Not to mention that some classes force you to read online and jump through way too many hoops to get a physical, Paper, Copy. I have even had times where I got a failing grade because the work that took me a MINIMUM FOUR HOURS didn't send to my teacher. Not even a bounce back email to tell me!

This year, I especially have issues. THE SUMMER MATH PACKET. This year for my class, The packet is ONLINE ONLY. Even though others have paper versions. NO, These dumb adults decided to put it on deltamath, When you have to get a certain amount of problems right IN A ROW to have it completed. And, If you mess up on ONE problem, You have to start that WHOLE SECTION over again. It's time-consuming and I had to take painkillers cause my headaches from trying to look at the screen for a closer look got so bad! I shouldn't NEED drugs to do my school work.

Ergo, Technology can go suck it in a bucket. It should be used as a tool, Not a crutch!

• Yes definitely because.....

I am a Grandfather and my grandchild sent me a letter handwritten. To be honest her handwriting is atrocious and I asked who taught her to write. She said that at school they don’t write much but use the computer lots. Using the computer leads to typing, which leads to not writing so children don’t have readable handwriting. This disappoints me because at school when I was young, we always wrote.

• Too Many Reasons

If you're stuck in an area where you need to look up an answer for an issue and don't have internet, what are you going to do then? Also, different people learn in different ways. I am more of a hands-on, tactical learner, and I learn better if I have a human teaching me. I won't learn crap if I just sit there and type and have a robot teach me. I miss paper and pencil and the sound of textbook pages. Oh, how I was born in the wrong era...

• Schools use too much technology

There are some people who learn differently. Not all kids can sit at a computer all day and just type and type away. I definitely cant do that. As a sophomore in high school, trying to pass all my classes is really hard. I barely have decent grades. I think the teachers in most modern schools should have their students interact and write things down more often so the student could actually learn and remember things. You shouldn't have to worry about if you have your computer or not in class. Its hard enough just trying to remember all your books that you need to bring if you're one of those schools where you cant carry your book bag around.

• Not Tech Savvy

I know a lot of teachers that don't know their way around a computer that well, and not every student know how to navigate them either. Last year, my school got Chromebooks, and it's a year later, and I still don't know how to navigate them. I wasn't brought up on technology; I spent time outside, playing with my imagination.
    Also, the computers are going to make a connection with kids (no pun intended), but not with the way they learn. I found it easier to learn a new subject if the teacher is walking me through it, not if a computer tells me to do it. After all, it obviously isn't programmed to teach you anything. It's all you.
    It's taking away our imagination and ability to problem solve and stay concentrated on our work. What if you're job requires you to travel to a nation with little to no technology? You weren't trained to think for yourself or do something by using your brain. In short, technology is one of the main factors destroying our education systems and children's learning ability.

• Technology is overused.

I'm a Freshman in High School, and in my school, every student is provided a Google Chromebook. My peers and I agree that it's ridiculous that staff are paid to sit in a classroom and be a babysitter, instead of standing up once in a while to teach the class head on, instead of relying on Buzzfeed and Youtube to teach for them. There is almost no paper assignments, everything is online, and when technology inevitably fails, the it's the students fault. Also, there is a required Computer usage course, teaching us how to use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to prepare us for the "real world", because Microsoft is so widely used. They essentially prepare us to have a 9-5 office job. I think paper and pencil worked fine, and there is no need to blow thousands of dollars on laptops that cause more problems with assignments and confusion among students.

• Schoools do rely on technology too much

Some teachers aren't prepared if the computer/smartboard breaks down. Students barely write anything anymore everything gets printed out for them. Teachers should be making students write more thing out to help them learn.Teachers using technology all the time in school can decrease volunteering and just make the students sit and listen the whole class instead of interacting with other students and volunteering. Schools rely too much on technology because some teachers aren't prepared if the computer or smartboard break down, students barely write anymore, and teachers using technology can decrease volunteering in class.

• We could use other resources instead of technology.

We use it too much and rely on it too much for learning because at school teachers rely on technology for almost every assignment when instead of the technology for assignments the teachers could apply books and other things related to that. We also rely on the technology too much for things any how related to learning at school. We need new resources..

• Back to paper and pencil please

I'm in high school and on the first day of school, they handed out chrome books for us to do all of our assignments. I like technology and all but that doesn't mean I want to use it for everything. Its also getting to that point where sometimes, when your computer acts up, they will say its your fault and you just take a bad grade for it after all that work you did. All I'm saying is that teachers need to get they lazy asses up and start giving us the education we need. We mind as well say the technology is teaching us more than the teachers.

• A b c

A b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

• Deez nuts for president

I am a 12 yr old boi. I canz both read and right correctly without misteak. Teknology haz help me lern like dis. I thinc that skoolz is not uzing 2 much teknology. I am 1 example of whii we neeeed teknology in skoolz. I am very smart. My moms says that 2

• Technology helps learning

As a student I can safely say that technology in modern schools is important however, that is not the question. I do not feel that schools rely too much on technology, because I have attended two different schools and both used ipads to help aid learning . The teachers and my classmates all had access to the ipads but we only used them on a one off, to aid research for a project etc. In my old school we did most of our learning from the interactive board which helps enlarge websites and allows you to use them as you would on a computer but instead on a special board which looks like a whiteboard. Conversely when the school's internet shut down for a couple of weeks we did not need to change much and we used the whiteboards instead of the interactive board. This was slower and harder for the teachers to explain on because the didn't have the access to websites for educational purposes. So I feel that schools do not rely on modern technology excessively but that technology helps speed up the rate of learning .

• Technology is more practical

It's a common occurrence pupils getting their work back covered in red ink so when a pupil has to redraft the essay it's much easier to just change the words or correct mistakes using Microsoft word rather than rewriting it. It makes it easier for students to receive work as well as instead of a teacher wasting 100 sheets of paper printing off resources for each pupil they can just email it to their class.

• Modern technology is definitely important in modern education.

Modern education is not at all worsened by the ever increasing technology prevalent in our schools of today. On the contrary, I believe that education is improved by our new technology including SMARTboards or iPads. It is great to have textbooks and learning materials on these devices because it 1. Makes the materials that the student has to carry significantly less 2. Makes immersive subjects easier to grasp and 3. Multitasking with cross-curricular subjects easier.

• Modern schools do not depend too much on technology

Modern schools do not depend too much on technology. This is because of the fact that technology is the wave of the future. Technology will save mankind as it will allow us to do things that we previously couldn't. Modern schools embracing technology is wise as people will be more prepared for this change.

• Budgets Limit Technology

I do not believe modern schools depend on technology too much. Overall, budgets don't allow for the mass purchase of up to date technology. When you add to the fact that technology is always evolving and keeping up to date can become expensive, schools can't afford to purchases all of these items. So, I believe they are not too dependent and maybe that's a happy accident as far as school funding goes.

• Modern schools do not depend too much on technology.

Modern schools do not depend too much on technology. Technology is not going to go anywhere and any tools that we can use in our education system should be allowed. I think that technology is a good thing and more advancements would only be a benefit to our society and children.

• They do not.

Modern schools do not depend too much on technology. All of this new technology will only assist in improving kids education, making it faster to learn and to teach. Schools who are not using this new technology are actually hindering kids and their ability to learn in a much more effective manner.

• No, technology is important for schools and beyond them

Schools need to incorporate a fair amount of cutting edge technology into their programs, if kids go into the post high school part of their lives without knowledge of how to use the devices companies use in their work, they aren't going to be hired. It is important for schools to utilize technology and make sure their students are familiar with how it is used professionally.

• Technology can help students with learning

Technology can help students with their work because if they aren't sure about something they can just search it up. Technology can help students type up their work at school instead of waiting until the get home. If students need to ask their teachers a question and they are to shy to ask them in front of the class, they can email them asking their questions.

>